Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Benchmade - Nimravus 141 Knife, Plain Tanto, Black Handle
|Price:||$161.50 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- BLADE STYLE: 4.50" (11.43cm) Tanto style blade, weighing 5.00oz (141.75g)
- AMERICAN MADE STEEL: 154CM (58-61 HRC) is a premium grade steel developed for tough industrial applications and is known for its all around qualities, including corrosion resistance, toughness and edge quality.
- DURABLE MATERIALS: The handle material, 6061-T6 Aluminum, is a nonferrous metal originally developed as a premium aircraft-grade aluminum, which offers a solid handle form and function and a nominal weight. Also MOLLE compatible with a malice clip.
- FIXED BLADE WITH SHEATH BONUS: This knife is permanently open and comes with a sheath to protect the edge. The sheath is nylon and multifunctional.
- AMERICAN MANUFACTURING: The Oregon-based Benchmade factory employs modern laser cutters and CNC machining centers that offer control and tolerances found in the aerospace industry. Precision is that of half the width of a human hair.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Our all-time best-selling combat fixed blade. Intended for Tactical use, our Nimravus knives are MOLLE compatible, have lanyard holes, and include a multifunctional nylon, and MOLLE compatible sheath with a malice clip. The nylon sheaths come in black or sand and correlate with the handle color of your purchase. Specifications: Designer: Benchmade | Mechanism: Fixed | Action: Fixed Blade | Blade Steel: 154CM (58-61 HRC) | Blade Length: 4.50" (11.43cm) | Blade Thickness: 0.115" (2.92mm) | Overall Length: 9.45" (24.00cm) | Handle Thickness: 0.58" (14.73mm) | Sheath Weight: 5.00oz. (141.75g) | Weight: 5.00oz. (141.75g).
Legal DisclaimerActual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using the product.
Top customer reviews
You can see my Nimravus, with a 4.5” blade, next to the full-size Griptilian, which has a 3.45” blade. Both knives are made of 154CM steel, which is very strong, holds an edge nicely, but it also fairly easy to sharpen.
The ergonomics are great on the Nimravus. The handle feels very comfortable in my mid-sized hand, and there are small teeth for steadying the blade with your thumb.
There are two main versions of the Nimravus (not counting variations in handle color). I own the 140BK, which has a plain blade with a smooth drop-point edge. My son has the 141SBK, which has a combo edge (about 2/3 plain, 1/3 serrated) and a tanto edge. It’s really a matter of preference, but I prefer the plain edge because it’s easier to sharpen than a tanto, with its angle. The serrations are also hard to sharpen. Yeah, the tanto is a little more “pointy” and might be considered more combat-worthy blade, but I’ll go for ease of sharpening.
The sheath is made of ballistic nylon, and lined with plastic so the blade won’t cut through. I use the velcro loop to attach it to the right side of my belt, but the sheath can attach to military equipment that use the MOLLE gear system.
According to Benchmade, “The new 140/141 fixed soft sheaths are designed to secure the knife in either right or left side carry. Sheaths come standard with Mailce clip and velcro adjustable belt hanger for belt carry. Sheaths are also Molle system compliant. Heavy stitch and hard liners stow the knife securely and snap-around closure snugs the handle.”
Benchmade offers a lifetime sharpening service, but I have never used it for a Nimravus. I don’t think they sharpen the serrated parts of a combo blade. See http://www.benchmade.com/services/lifesharp_services.aspx
Bottom line: Great knife, great steel, light weight.