Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 37 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 44 reviews
on March 23, 2014
I have to admit to being a new fan, both of the genre and the group, so I judge this album without preconceived notions. I have heard most of the older hits on Youtube and Pandora, and I purchased AFTU as well. This is definitely a more "mainstreamed" album: less angry, smoother vocals, more ballad heavy. It's not, however, a bad thing. The first 2 tracks are clearly red meat for fans of the heavy stuff, and you would be hard pressed not to sing along. "For the Night" is a swift change of pace, a no-frills feel-good song. After that, IMO, comes the good stuff. Several high quality tracks in the second half of the album are very consistent with the band's overall lyrical style, conveying a message of perseverance and hope in the middle of harsh world. In the middle of all that, like a speed bump on a smooth road, you get Psycho, a high-energy song meant to rile up a live crowd rather than necessarily satisfy a typical album buyer. It gets your attention, but the album might have been better without. And at the end, Pretty Poison, an obligatory breakup song. All in all, I'd say it's very well rounded and every fan, old and new, should get something. Not everyone will like every song, but there are 14 of them, and skip button is always there for your convenience.

I am very happy to have discovered this band, and I hope they do well on their new label. A highly recommended album.
on December 6, 2012
I recently purchased Beneath the scars, my 5th CD from this group. I was NOT disappointed one iota; just as with all their CD's, there is not one bad song on this disc....in my opinion, there's not a bad song on any of their CD's for that matter. These guys were born to make noise and they do it well. Their songs are uplifting...they brought me through some tough times in my life. If you are like me, then these guys are great therapy for the down times in life.
on March 17, 2013
I got this album with a bunch of other music and loaded it onto my Zune player (yes I still use the 1st gen Zune). I didn't realize how amazing this was until I kept hearing songs that I loved, but couldn't quite place, so I checked the screen, and sure enough, it was a track on Beneath the Scars. Every song is amazing, and I would definitely recommend this to anyone who wants to check out 12 Stones or who already loves them.
on November 5, 2012
I bought the first 12 Stones album because it had a couple of decent songs on it, their latest effort, Beneath the scars, is good from the first track to the last. Paul McCoy's voice has evolved till he sounds a lot like John Cooper from Skillet (I had to check the credits on a couple of tracks to make sure John wasn't on there). Overall, I'm happy with the purchase.
on June 20, 2012
As I discovered with Anthem For The Underdog, 12 Stones is a band that is just undeniably good and their lyrics are poignant. What we have with this release is some just great ballsy rock. The music is at home on rock radio and yet is different in that there is a deeper quality and better performance than your "typical" modern rock band brings.
I find many of the current trendy rock bands tend to be more bland than band. They have a way of all flowing together in my ears but 12 Stones stands out.
Is it a masterpiece? No. But chances are this is one of the best rock albums you will have bought this year (or last year for that matter). The album is still new to me but I can already tell that this will be one I will continue to listen to and revisit often (especially on road trips). Great vibe and the guys continue to hone their craft. Do yourself a favor and buy it and take the time to digest it as you would a good meal. You will be glad you did.
on August 16, 2014
If you use to listen to Grunge or in my day it was called Metal when you were in the world but now saved, this group is all that with a positive message. They don't Bible thump just give it like it is giving glory to God. Enjoy
on July 1, 2013
I am very pleased with this album. I heard one of the songs on Songza and found the band that way. The entire album is solid with plenty of fast stuff for driving or working out. I would recommend it.
on June 29, 2016
Great 12 Stones album!
on April 17, 2016
it was great
on May 11, 2013
This album met every expectation I had for this band. If you liked Potters Field, and Anthem for the Underdog, then Beneath the scars will not disappoint you. My favorites being "blind" and "bury me".