Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 231 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 320 reviews
on August 7, 2017
This mascara is so different in contrast to other mascaras. The formula is incredible as it creates thickness to lashes when applied. Expensive but worth it. Possibly reserve the mascara for special occasions.
on August 2, 2013
This is the best mascara I have ever used. It's a little pricey but worth the money (I use mostly drug store makeup or very marked down on sale items other than mascara. I find that mascara is the only product that is really worth the higher cost). The only thing that I don't love is how the mascara goes from good to dried out very quickly. Over a month or 2 I get awesome results, then very quickly it dries up and doesn't apply as nicely. I always order 2 when I buy them so I can be ready for when this happens (because it really does seem sudden to me) and when I open my last one I order 2 more. Works for me. Regardless my lashes are dark and appear longer with NO CLUMPING no matter how many coats I have applied! I usually make a huge mess smudging the mascara all over my eyelids but for whatever reason this doesn't happen to me when I use Benefit. Lastly during the day my mascara has a tendency to get flakey and collect on my cheek bones or even irritate my eyes if I use any other product.
on January 21, 2013
I have sparse, short lashes and have tried every popular mascara you can think of. I can't speak to how easy this is to remove (I haven't yet) but hey, who cares - it WORKS! Even without curling my lashes first, and with just a quick inital application, I can SEE my lashes. Yippee! The last time they looked this good was when I had extensions put on for the wedding. This is an expensive product, but wayy cheaper than extensions. Yay!
on January 11, 2012
I cannot recommend this mascara enough. I am a little embarrassed to be so enthusiastic about something so mundane as mascara, but the hype on this product is completely true.

First, I love the WAND: It is flexible, and the plastic brush is perfect. The little burst of brushes at the end of the wand really helps to go back and get all those little hairs that are almost impossible to get without smudging the whole thing.

Second: The mascara formula is just the right amount of thickness--and have taken my almost completely invisible lashes to lush and long lashes. I don't know how it works, but the lashes are also curling up too--something I have never seen with any other mascara before. I have used mascara that made the lashes long, but they were straight out-- and often touched my glasses lenses. These are amazing-- no curling wand necessary.

Finally: My eyes are pretty sensitive--I have had swelling and watery eyes with some mascara. But this formula is not bothering my eyes at all. No watering-- no itching. It feels like I have nothing on my eyes.

If you are looking for a great mascara-- BUY THIS NOW. You will not regret. I already have purchased additional mascaras for my daughters too.
on May 7, 2012
I have ordered multiple times from Amazon without issue however, this product was 'sold and shipped' by an outside vendor, JTSC Outlet, the package arrived without any individual protective wrapping which left me slightly apprehensive and the mascara wand did not look anything like the close ups with the 'ball' at the tip. After convincing myself I was over-reacting I tried the mascara, as other reviewers have mentioned you must apply this product very slowly and carefully, it is super easy to smudge onto your eyelid. The black is much more dramatic than other 'blackest-black' mascaras I've used which does tend to make your eyelashes stand out a bit more. The effect I got wasn't as dramatic as some claim but it is still a good 'night on the town' mascara, I won't go through the effort required for daily wear, removal requires a little more effort as others have noted, I use cold cream and tissue which works fine but requires a bit more effort than drugstore mascara. I will purchase this product again but, sorry Amazon, I will buy direct from the manufacturer.
on August 24, 2012
So I heard about this stuff on a blog and how fabulous it was. I decided that I would try it out! Well, my teen daughter was so impressed that she actually stole it from me and used it, which is funny because she is so anal about NOT sharing make-up with anyone (which is a good thing)!! I never thought she would ever use mine or like it! BUT I was WRONG!!! We both LOVE IT! I read the other reviews and they talked about how hard it was to remove. Nor my daughter or I found it difficult to remove. It makes your eyelashes look amazing! I actually bought two others, one to replace mine that my daughter stole and another one for a friend of mine for her birthday. If you want amazing and fabulous looking eyelashes then this is the mascara for you!!! I am hooked on the product, but not the price. I wish it was a little cheaper! I only use it on special occasions when I want my eyelashes to be "WOW"!!! I give it 5 stars and so does my daughter!!!
on December 15, 2013
This is, hands-down, the BEST mascara ever made. At first I was all 'you've got to be kidding me....twenty-plus bucks for mascara????', but I'm on my fifth tube and don't even think twice about the price. It gives you long, separate, fluttery lashes with one coat. Subsequent coats build volume (not my taste - I prefer long, skinny lashes). The tip of the brush is great for getting the inner corners, or putting a little extra emphasis on the outer corners.

I wear mascara almost every day - it's my don't-leave-home-without-it item. I used to also use liner almost daily, and with this mascara I find I don't need it to feel put together - you get a lot of impact with just this one product.

It does not clump or flake. Holds a curl. Stays on all day. Water resistant but easy to remove with cleanser. Perfection.
on July 31, 2012
I purchased this after viewing an infomercial. I have short lashes and previously used a product that requires application of the extensions first and then the mascara (Maybelline XXL Extensions). I was quite happy with the Maybelline product as I thought it enhanced my lashes and was easy to remove. After seeing the results of They're Real! Mascara, I thought this might enhance my lashes even more. Turns out, I get the same results as with the Maybelline product, only I don't have to do two applications. Unfortunately, I found this product extremely difficult to remove. Here's my take on it:

Pros: Enhances lash length in one application
Only have to apply a small amount of product

Cons: Cost (two times that of Maybelline XXL Extensions)
Difficult to remove product
About the same results as Maybelline XXL Extensions
on December 16, 2012
I'm actually really surprised by how much I love this mascara. I had tried a couple other Benefit mascaras and hated them. This one, however, is much different. I have really long lashes that are pretty straight, so when I buy a mascara I need it to hold a curl. They're Real! is by far the best one I've tried in terms of that. I can apply a coat or two, curl it and know I am set for a few hours. It's awesome. It's also very black, which is nice! No flaking or smudging and it's super easy to get off. It almost looks like I'm wearing fake eyelashes when I wear this.

Generally I use Diorshow, but I'll probably make They're Real! my go to from now on. Easier to get off and less smudge. Also a bit more defining. Great product!
on September 10, 2013
I liked it, but wouldn't order again for the price. I didn't think it was that great and it I really didn't care for the applicator (I keep a "favorite" applicator on hand for situations like these!) So it was a nice mascara, especially when used with a different applicator. I like my eyelashes separated, not clumped together. Cover Girl in the Purple tube is by far the best for a 'cheaper' brand and would recommend that over this, especially for the price. I am a junkie and have tried them all and will likely keep on trying every new one that comes out with promises of drop dead gorgeous lashes, lol. My personal splurge is Estee Lauder Sumptuous mascara.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.