Similar authors to follow
See more recommendations
About Benjamin Sobieck
Customers Also Bought Items By
Firearms and knives have starring roles in a wide range of genres--crime, thriller, war, mystery, Western, and more. Unfortunately, many depictions of weapons in novels and film are pure fiction. Knowing the difference between a shotshell and a slug, a pistol and a revolver, or a switchblade and a butterfly knife is essential for imbuing your story with authenticity--and gaining popularity with discerning readers.
Inside you'll find:
• An in-depth look at the basics of firearms and knives: how they work, why they work, what they look like, and how to depict them accurately in your stories.
• The biggest weapons myths in fiction, TV, and film.
• A surefire guide for choosing the correct weapon for your characters, no matter their skill level, strength, or background.
• A review of major gun and knife laws, weapons safety tips,and common police tactics.
• "The Hit List," showcasing the most popular weapons for spies, detectives, gunslingers, gangsters, military characters, and more.
• Examples highlighting inaccurate vs. accurate weapons depictions.
• An insightful foreword by David Morrell, the award-winning creator of Rambo.
Equal parts accessible, humorous, and practical, The Writer's Guide to Weapons is the one resource you need to incorporate firearms and knives into your fiction like a seasoned professional.
Did Chinese explorers arrive in the Americas before Christopher Columbus?
Renaissance man and adventurer Chase Baker is hot on the trail of this hidden piece of history in the woods of Minnesota, home of the famous Kensington Runestone.
The alleged proof is scrawled on a runestone written by Vikings centuries ago. The only problem is it’s guarded by a mythical creature called the Wendigo at the bottom of a treacherous place called The Pit, where few have survived.
˃˃˃ Add in gun-toting neo-Nazis bent on finding the runestone first, and Chase faces one of his most thrilling adventures yet.
Loaded with action, suspense and clues to a cover up spanning centuries, this installment of the award-winning Chase Baker series is sure to satisfy.
˃˃˃ Ideal for fans of Dan Brown, Clive Cussler, JR Rain and others.
THE SHROUD KEY (A Chase Baker Thriller Series No. 1) is named one of SUSPENSE MAGAZINE'S Best Books of the year!
WINNER: BEST "POTBOILER" NOVEL by CrimeFictionBook.com
THE NO. 1 AMAZON BESTSELLER IN "OCCULT''
THE NO. 1 AMAZON BESTSELLER IN "INTERNATIONAL CRIME AND MYSTERY"
Scroll up and grab a copy of Chase Baker and the Vikings' Secret today.
Wattpad is an online storytelling community where users can post their writing, such as articles, stories, novels, fan fiction, and poems. This platform offers writers the chance to connect directly with readers, fans, and story enthusiasts. With the ability to release stories and chapters one at a time, authors can receive continual encouragement and real-time feedback on their work.
The Wattpad staff supports successful writers through their Stars program, which provides them opportunities to work with successful brands, publish to print, connect to film and television industries, and more. The potential of Wattpad for writers is limitless, and, for the first-time ever, the staff, writers, and stars of Wattpad have created the guide to help you launch and sustain a successful writing career through this platform.
In The Writer's Guide to Wattpad, you'll learn how to:
• Get started using Wattpad, prepare your writing to be published, and develop a unique cover design.
• Interact with readers, use multimedia to enhance and tell stories, and leverage social media to create a stronger platform.
• Attract the attention of an agent or publisher and sell copies of your work elsewhere.
• Tap into the brand of Wattpad to understand their Stars Program, brand campaigns, and what success looks like.
Written to be accessible to beginners and veterans alike, The Writer's Guide to Wattpad is your essential companion to navigating the Wattpad platform and brand, and leveraging your writing to millions of users worldwide.
Chelsea Cain is interviewed by Jeremy Lynch in this issues cover feature. Tim Hennessy interviews both Eric Campbell, the publisher of Down & Out Books, and Benjamin Whitmer. Susan MacNeal is interviewed by Erica Ruth Neubaur while C.J. Box is grilled by Michael Barson.
Mark Mellon and Sean McClusky serve up this issues fiction. Frank De Blase delivers the “F” Word. Rob Brunet writes about what happens after you get a book deal. Ben Sobieck writes about Vincent Zandri’s Dick Moonlight PI series.
And the usual suspects are included for your enjoyment: Reed Farrel Coleman, Linda Brown, Craig McDonald and Amy Alessio. Also, Buzzbin, Book Reviews, Crimespree on Comics and Cooking with Crimespree appear as well.
Using his vocabulary of insults from bygone days and a decaying RV, the old-timey Maynard Soloman made good on his promise to fix the problems of the modern world one case at a time. Or at least cuss at them until they went away.
8 Funny Detective Stories represents his first eight cases of mystery, malarkey and misadventure. Each combines the slapstick fun of The Pink Panther with the sharp wit of The Onion, if both lived in an RV watching nothing but old Westerns. Fans of Carl Hiaasen's crime fiction humor, Elmore Leonard's bumbling bad guys or snappy current events satire will enjoy these quick reads.
Despite being older than dirt, the Ol' Badger is just getting started - so long as the piss and vinegar don't run out. Here are the short stories and bonus features you'll find in this keen collection.
1. Maynard Soloman Solves the War on Drugs
2. Maynard Soloman Fixes Social Security and Eats a Pony
3. Maynard Soloman and the Job-Nabbin' Illegal Immigrants
4. Maynard Soloman Proves Santa Claus is Real
5. Maynard Soloman Legalizes Gay Knot Tying
6. Maynard Soloman Takes the Bus to a Strip Club
7. Maynard Soloman & the Bull$hit Cancer Awareness Campaign
8. Maynard Soloman vs. The Kidney Thieves
How to Cuss Like Maynard Soloman
Maynard Soloman's Two-Beer Critter Marinade
Maynard Soloman's Guide to Milk and Cookies
10 Signs Your Kid is in a Cult
Maynard's Guide to Tipping
Maynard's Guide to Charitable Giving
Dr. Maynard's Guide to Kidney Transplants