Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 387 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 436 reviews
on December 3, 2013
Accuracy is no problem. Power is no problem. Noise is no problem.
“The more you shoot the quieter this rifle gets and the better you shoot.”
Allow me to address any question or concern.
Now I am very huge on accuracy and am an expert shooter, I will revisit this point later.
To start:
Step 1 this rifle out of the box should be cleaned of excess grease and oil, run a bore brush through the barrel too.
Step 2 Tighten all screws with a screwdriver, the two stock screws, the trigger, and butt plate. & scope mounts and scope.
Important important important...tighten the big screw holding the barrel to the receiver. You will need to remove the stock to access this screw. That will be the two side screws on the stock and the two in the trigger well.
NOTE: this is a magnum air gun, shooting it will loosen ALL screws throughout this rifle. Use blue Loctite.
Step#3 Break it in shooting cheap daisy pellets into the dirt or a whatever. This is not for practice, only to break in the rifle. (Needs to have a break-in period. in this period this rifle is burning off excess oil and grease and seating in all its components. Failure to do this will result in poor accuracy.) 150-500 pellets.
Next: IMPORTANT this rifle likes 10.5 grain and up pellets. Anything less will cause poor accuracy. Recommend Crosman Premier ultra mags domed. Or JSB exact monsters 13.4 grain.
Look it’s like this, the more weight (grain) of the pellet, the more accurate this rifle. Reason for this is this is a Super Mag rifle. Light grain pellets will become unstable flying out of this thing at blazing speeds loosing accuracy. Heavy is better, more kinetic energy delivered on target means more destruction.
This is Crossman big dog flag ship of break barrels. It is worth the money if you’re interested in moving up in shooting ability.
Follow these steps and your new xl1500 will be the pride of your collection.
Last few things, if you’re having problems with shooting this rifle after reviewing these steps then revisit to your shooting techniques. Don’t call crosman. Their cust service just says to exchange it. These steps will make this rifle perform and remove frustration.
Ps. revisiting my past statement…I’m getting nickel groups consistently at 50 feet in a sitting position. @ 100 feet I’m still getting picking off birds holding over .25 mil dot on the scope provided.
I recommend this rifle.
22 comments| 175 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 27, 2015
Fantastic looking air rifle with lots of power but the trigger pull sucks and the gun is heavy. The trigger pull as others have said is stiff and they are correct. I have not measured the trigger pull but I find it long, stiff and not even smooth. Will absolutely be buying an aftermarket trigger. The weight will require the use of a strap for sure if you plan on walking around in a field for varmints for any length of time. I do like the solid feel the weight provides but it is heavy. I think mine was close to 8.5 lbs. I am also having a terrible time with accuracy. Hard to stay inside a 6 inch plate at 30-40 yards. I have yet to determine whether or not it's the scope, trigger pull, gun, me or the pellets I am using. I've read many reviews and people say the pellets will make all the difference in the world. I am working on finding the right pellets. I've also read the Centerpoint scope does fail on people, sometimes quickly and others get years of use. I will return with a verdict when I figure out the issue.
on January 20, 2014
I bought one originally and had a number of issues with it, namely the scope and some issues with the rifle itself, it happens, I went over the limit for return to amazon so I contacted Crosman Corp. After a brief explanation of what was going on they just said send it back, I did and they sent me a new one. I can't say enough about the customer service at Crosman Corp. they are excellent!!!
Anyway, if your planning on shooting this rifle off hand, get something else, it weighs 13.67 lbs. Has a lot of power but comes at a price, weight. Also it's finiky about the way it's held, use the artillery hold, if you try to force things by gripping the rifle you will be all over the target and frustrated. It takes time and patience to shoot this thing well, but it will perform if your willing to spend the time.
Also, you'll have to experiment with pellets, I was buying JSB's for the first rifle but this one doesn't like them at all. I'm using the Benjamin or Crosman pellets in this one with real good results.
on May 31, 2017
I set up a target about 75' from my position where I had planned to adjust the sights. I then let my daughter take a few shots. The first shot was dead center. The second shot I thought she missed the target altogether, only to learn later that she hit the same mark with the second shot; yes that is an accurate weapon. My only issue is that loading the gun takes a lot more muscle than I think it should, but that may be an issue with breaking it in.
on June 30, 2014
There's plenty of informative reviews so I'll post this specifically for anyone trying to decide between the .22 standard and the .22 XL, a conflict I definitely experienced. I'm in a unique position, having owned both rifles. I first bought a standard then returned it and bought an XL. I only returned the standard because of a defective scope that I believe is not a common problem and its the same scope as the XL.

So first, the standard. The craftsmanship of the standard is better than the XL. The XL uses the same stock as the Benjamin Titan but the standard is different and IMO a better, more attractive design. The difference is in the rougher scroll work on the XL, less of it on the XL and an out of place looking piece of plastic glued to the bottom of the stock for some reason. My standard was a very attractive weapon. The XL isn't much worse but the standard is superior.

The standard shot hard. It was adequate for the one hunt I took it on and a couple of squirrels met their maker at 20 and 25 yards. With the hollow-point rounds it delivered a lot of energy and very accurately. Out back I could make 2 inch groupings at 30 yards. I've heard of better with this gun but I'm no sniper. However, as far as I can tell the pellet simply falls out of the sky at anything past 50.

I was overall very impressed by the standard and would have simply returned the scope but I was hooked and wanted to try the XL.

The XL...

I noticed immediately that its heavier. Its also longer by a couple inches. I then noticed the black and white medallion of plastic glued to the bottom of the grip and grimaced with disapproval. However, the overall effect of such an imposing, sturdily built pellet gun is one of surprising power given its "pellet" nature. I took it out back for a first shot...

I got the gun late Saturday night and was far away from the porch light in near darkness to fire the first round. (FYI for some reason the first time you shoot either model of the NP series the first shot is far more powerful than the standard energy hence forth) With the standard this meant surprising recoil and a ricochet sound worthy of a western flick. With the XL it was mayhem. It sounded like a shotgun and neighbor's dogs began barking. THERE WAS A MUZZEL FLASH. It must have produced enough velocity to vaporize lead and produce a flash but really, there was a flash. I was actually concerned that that was how the gun would always fire and I'd gotten in over my head for a backyard plinker. It now produces no flash and nothing like the percussion of the first shot though it is half again louder than the standard verison.

The accuracy is about the same, i.e. very good. About an hour ago I finished putting 10 rounds through 4 holes at about 40 feet. All in all I am very happy with the XL. If you're trying to decide whether or not its necessary consider this. The standard can hunt but the XL will probably do so from 15-20 yards farther than the standard. The XL is heavier and not as aesthetically refined as the standard though it is still quite attractive. The standard is still a remarkably powerful pellet gun, but if your the type that must have the absolute most power available then it is worth the extra $50 or so.
on January 6, 2016
Really nice quality gun. Tremendous power. Great scope, particularly if you use the blue Loctite thread locker on the rail mounts. Clean it when you get it as there is a bunch of gunk in the barrel. Then it shoots very consistently. Personally, I have no problem with the trigger and didn't find it necessary to modify in any way. It takes some strength to cock, so children or smaller women could have difficulty. I'm ok with it. It is a very heavy gun however, so be ready for that. Overall, I'm very satisfied with the purchase.
on December 26, 2014
Benjamin Trail NP XL 1500 is the most powerful .177 production air rifle and is very fun too shoot and plink around. Probably not for younger shooters because the break barrel takes nearly 50 pounds to cock. It weighs about 8.8 pounds without the scope and about 10.5 with the scope, so it is probably a good idea to get a sling. The scope is 3-9 X 40mm and is appropriate for the power and range of this gun. The power source is a nitrogen piston instead of a coiled spring which makes it more stable in varying temperatures. Be sure to tighten the stock screws, the trigger screws, and the butt screws. It is very important to tighten the screw where the barrel meets the receiver(must remove stock first by unscrewimg the stock screws and the 2 trigger screws to reach this screw). Break the barrel about half way and tighten it. Use blue loctite on all the screws. A generic brand will work fine. You should only use Crosman and Benjamin brand pellets 10.5 grain or above. The ones that work best for me are the Crosman Premier domed tip.(10.5 grain)
on November 21, 2015
This is a heavy air rifle, for big boys. I put my own scope on it & was hitting bulls eyes for most of the initial 100 rounds that I shot. The rail looks like it's been glued & not welded like most reviewers have mentioned. This rifle is made by Crossman, not one of my favorite air rifle brands. The stock on a scale of 1-10 get a good 7. The silencer is made of metal, the trigger seemed fine to me but if I was picky, I'd definitely replace it with a different one.
on April 7, 2014
I'm not a big gun person, but my husband asked for an air rifle for his birthday and I told him to tell me exactly which one he wanted. He looked carefully for several weeks before settling on this one, which I ordered for him. He works on a firing range, and after putting together the scope, etc., took the rifle to the range and he and his buddies tried it out. He told me it shoots very accurately and is very high powered for an air rifle, the best one he or his friends have ever used. So based on his happiness I am rating this five stars! A happy husband = a happy wife, ha ha ha.
on March 2, 2016
Really love this rifle! I use Exact .177 domed 8.22 gr at 50 yards and can get a group of 2 in. My cronograph measures the muddle velocity at an average of 1065 fps. Unfortunately the scope broke after about a month. Thr rectile turned approximately 45 degrees. I'm having trouble getting a replacement.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.