Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Introducing Prime Wardrobe nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Offline listening. Learn more. GNO for Samsung S9 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry SpringEvent_Lawn_and_Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon howardsend howardsend howardsend  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18PP_gno

Benny Hill: The Lost Years
Format: DVD|Change

on June 22, 2017
This is a treasure trove of a young Benny Hill.
These are in black & white, many of the puns and jokes were used in the later colored shows.
I have quite a few best of DVDs and collections - this one fits in nicely with all those & I enjoyed everything this DVD has to offer.
If you like Benny Hill then I would recommend this DVD. It's fun to see Benny in his youth doing those jokes & skits I have enjoyed many times in his later colored episodes. Watch his face as he holds a laugh back as the audience reacts to a joke or implied joke.
Don't expect to see any Hill's Angels here, just good old fashioned skits.
Be sure to check the extras out - there are more skits there.
on April 4, 2014
I ALREADY HAVE THE FANTASTIC BENNY HILL COMPLETE MEGASET AND LOVE IT SO MUCH SO I DECIDED TO GET BENNY HILL THE LOST YEARS. I AM GLAD I DID BECAUSE IT IS ALSO SIDE SPLITTING FUNNY. THE 3 SEGMENTS ARE IN B/W BUT WHO CARES. MOST PEOPLE INTO BENNY HILL GREW UP WITH B/W TV ANYWAY. IT HAS A DIFFERENT CAST THAN THE MEGASET BUT IT IS STILL GOOD OLE BENNY HILL FUNNY AS EVER. FOR THE SERIOUS COLLECTER OR JUST THE CURIOUS I WOULD SAY GO AHEAD AND BUY IT. FOR THE LOW PRICE YOU CANT GO WRONG. IF ANYONE OUT THERE KNOWS OF MORE BENNY HILL DVDS PLEASE LET ME KNOW IN COMMENTS SECTION.
on May 31, 2017
Just as described, the way it should be.
VINE VOICEon March 5, 2011
I have the complete Thames Mega-set, and wasn't going to get this.. but for 10 bucks I figured.. why not.
I love it!! YES.. many of the skits are done later on on Thames, but it is just really cool to see him so young, I mean 1958!!

The quality is pretty good considering, they are better then the "Lost Honeymooners" and I am very happy I bought it.

Jim
on December 15, 2017
Well worth it for a Benny Hill fan
on January 12, 2018
Very disappointed in this video!!
Benny Hill enough said .
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
I have always been a big fan of Benny Hill. Sheesh nonsense, but there are time when you need to laugh at silly stuff. These are the very early Hill work, most Yanks have never seen, culled from the Benny Hill Show which ran on Brit telly from 1955-1968.

The quality reflects this, but hey, all shows of this period will. In a way, it add that "time capsule" feel.

The jokes are corny, the skits sublime. For anyone who is a BH fan this is a must!
on February 14, 2015
My Dad loves Benny Hill. I'm sure any Benny Hill would get a 5 star with him. The shipment came fast and played fine on his dvd player.
on November 18, 2015
I grew up on Benny Hills comedy. Europe isn't as uptight nor picky as this country.