Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Old Version Green Mandolin
|Price:||$23.88 & FREE Shipping on orders over $49. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Mandolin cutter comes with 3 blades
- The flat blade will adjust
- Use blades to garnish or sliec vegetables
- Safety device helps stop cuts to finger
- Hand wash
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Two drawbacks though:
1. The safety guard is a joke. It doesn't hold the veggies very well and is a pain to use effectively...which means I usually don't use it. I've cut my fingers on this mandolin twice now, which isn't bad for two years of regular useage, but I don't like the sight of blood so I'll leave it as a major detractor. Luckily for me, I cut myself on the julienne part and not the actual wide slicer. In other words, my finger meat was left shredded but intact. Whew!
2. The metal parts rust. Yep. They rust. Hence the reason I am now shopping around for another slicer. Don't know yet if I'll get another Benriner. Might look into the Bohn.
Apparently Benriner realized the metal parts rusted because their mandolins now come with plastic screws to hold the julienne blades in place and to adjust the thickness level.
At this moment I would like to warn potential buyers to avoid this cheating.
It's my understanding that these are high carbon steel blades, and yes, that does mean that they will rust if you put them in the dishwasher or forget to dry them thoroughly. Nothing a little Barkeeper's Friend can't fix, and a light coating of vegetable oil after washing can help keep the rust at bay if you live in a particularly humid environment.
A cut resistant glove would be a wise investment whatever model you end up with.
1). The unit is very easy to use.
2). It is very easy to clean/hand wash
3) The blade seems even sharper than a razor blade. It really cuts with out pressure.
4). It is flat so it is easy to store.
5). I have the wide version n I find it easy to hold on to with my left hand n slice with my right.
6). Slicing veggies is now fast an effortless.
1) The device provided to hold the veggies while slicing is worthless. They should save money n not even send it. As a result, I have to hold the veggies in my hand to slice which is very, very dangerous, n yes I too sliced off skin on my finger with the first use, n I was being Sooooo careful too!
2). Because of the above, special gloves are mandatory!! Do not even think of buying this slicer without buying slicing gloves. The cheap ones work fine. The blades are unbelievably sharp.
3). Considering how simply made this device is, basically a large razor in a wide piece of plastic (that can not go in the dish washer), I feel it is way over priced.
On occasion I use a fork to hold the veggies being sliced, but this is not as fast as holding with my gloved right hand, but the blade frequently hits the glove, so far with no damage. I have learned that for me, the best method is to hold the slicer at a 45 degree angle over a plate n not try to slice flat over a bowl. It seems much easier to,hold the slicer this way n for me is safer.
Hope this was helpful!
Most Recent Customer Reviews
About the only thing I can say is bad: don't forget to use the food guide when whatever you're slicing gets small, the blade is SHARP. This thing is COOL, though, really!Published 1 day ago by lark
The smaller version is a little frustrating so I got the big one thinking it would wobble a bit less with each pass but another problem surface: the gap between the blade and... Read morePublished 2 days ago by ChocolateMaven
I have the original version of this, which I kept, but this wide size is great for larger things like cabbages. Read morePublished 5 days ago by The Hëggs
I have owned a super benriner for many years, bought it in Japan when i used to live there. In terms of mandolins in general i really like this one, works well and is easy to use... Read morePublished 6 days ago by netzien
Its my go to product as a chef... works better and safer then any of the expensive onesPublished 9 days ago by Sandy Madewell