Benriner Vegetable Slicer Off White (Old Version)
|Price:||$21.68 & FREE Shipping on orders over $25. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- New improved version recommended by manufacturer
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Compare to similar items
This item Benriner Vegetable Slicer Off White (Old Version)
Vegetable Slicer Green (Old Version)
Benriner Mandoline BPA Free Jumbo Slicer With Handcrafted Japanese Stainless Steel Blade, 13 x 6.5"
Benriner [Professional Series] Super Benriner Japanese Mandoline Slicer No.95
Japanese Mandolin Benriner Fruit Vegetable Slicer #0815
Benriner Vegetable Slicer with Tray
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||AKIBA JAPAN||Ichiban-Japan||AKIBA JAPAN||ULTRA-FAST CENTER||KIKURA||JapanSuperMall|
|Color||Ivory||Green||Beige, White, Silver||White||Green||Beige|
|Item Dimensions||3.5 x 12.25 x 1.25 in||3.74 x 12.4 x 0.91 in||6.5 x 12.99 x 1.97 in||2 x 6.3 x 16.5 in||12.5 x 4.5 x 1.2 in||4.53 x 13.11 x 2.99 in|
High quality world famous Benriner Vegetable Slicer
Top customer reviews
The reasons I like this slicer:
1. You can get through a ton of produce really fast. The cutting blade is razor sharp, it slides through whatever you run over it (including your finger if your not careful, more on that later) leaving it paper thin.
2. It’s wide allowing for larger produce. I ordered the wide model of this mandolin which adds 1.5 inches more width to the cutting surface.
3. The slice thickness of the can be adjusted and they’re consistent. Like I mentioned I use this for sauerkraut, equally sized pieces of cabbage ferment evenly making a better final product.
4. The top section of the mandolin folds open. This feature allows for a more thorough cleaning. The cleaning process also feels safer to me because I can maneuver around the cutting blade with a washcloth and there is plenty of room, not just the little cutting slot like on the fixed mandolin I had before.
My areas of concern:
1. Mandolins can be dangerous if used improperly and this one is no exception. There is “safety guard” included with this, it's ok but I think it is of limited usefulness. I bought a pair of cut resistant gloves to use with this, better safe than sorry.
2. It was a little more expensive then I would have liked. However, after using it for a while, I feel like I made a great decision spending the extra money on this mandolin. It is well made and I will be using it for years to come.
I’m really happy with this mandolin. It’s well made and makes cutting produce a snap. I would recommend this to anyone but I would suggest getting a pair of cut resistant gloves to go with it.
After looking at many of the different slicers and their reviews, I decided I wanted a straight-bladed version as the v-blades seem the most prone to jamming (and that's how I cut myself before, of course also including my own stupidity). This slicer had great reviews and looked to be of a sturdy, simple construction.
Upon receiving it in the mail, I looked it over and was very impressed by the build quality. The blades are very sharp, the main material of the body is durable and of a good thickness, and the setting adjustments are metal and hold well. My only complaint would be the design of the handguard, it doesn't hold as well as hoped. But at the same time, I didn't really expect it to be a revelation as handguards for madoline slicers tend to be only so good. (I bought a pair of cut-resistant Kevlar gloves at the same time)
I couldn't be any happier with how it functions. The adjusting screws are wonderful for fine-tuning the thickness and hold your settings very well, and the blades are easy to sway out. And it is fairly simple to clean.
If you are looking for a well-built and effective mandoline slicer that is not the absolute best, but wonderfully solid, this is a great choice.
My take on this product is that if you want to make spaghetti from vegetables, this works and you really have to use something like it. However, I think the price is high for what you get (molded plastic and blades) and the instructions are shameful; this shouldn't have been so frustrating, but until I figured it out, it certainly was. I will use it now that I figured it out and I am sure I will enjoy it, but I took the time to write this review so hopefully others can be spared what I went through (and the vegetables I mangled) trying to figure it out.