Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now FFII_gno

Showing 1-10 of 42 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 47 reviews
on March 29, 2013
I Got the Benro BH00 ball head for my monopod, because my tripod is a Benro that uses this same head. So I can just mount the quick-release PH-07 on my Nikon D5000 and leave it there. The ball head is light weight, so it doesn't bog me down when carrying my monopod. My camera is an APS-C DSLR body with lenses that each weigh under two pounds, so the ball head doesn't have to support a huge amount of weight. I wouldn't expect this head to support those monster teles that serious birders use, but for my equipment it is perfectly adequate. The head attaches to the monopod or tripod with a 3/8"-16 screw, so if your 'pod doesn't have a 3/8" attachment, you will need to buy an inexpensive adapter along with the ball head. The single lever control of the ball is perfect for a monopod, where I want to level the head once I have steadied myself in position. There's really no need for a separate pan control with a monopod, so this head is all I need.
on October 4, 2014
I bought this ball head to go with my Benro Z0580F tripod and found this combination to be great to keep my camera from moving around during extremely long exposures. My first tripod was a cheaper one and it did not work well for long exposures and my pictures were turning out blurry. The benro system solved that problem. My only beef with the ballhead is the quick release lever. Make sure you have a hold of your camera before you release it, or your camera will fall on the ground! That almost happened to me once.
on June 29, 2015
Takes a little getting used to. Especially if you are used to a bigger/better one. It's not as smooth...but definitely not "cheap" feel or anything. Just the locking mechanism seems unpolished. But for the money...its great. Two major notes! 1. Pay attention to the base size of your tripod. I used it on a Manfrotto and the base that excepts the head is a good deal bigger than the base of this ball head...and shooting portrait is difficult at best. Pretty annoying. And 2. I used it on a trip and did not realize that the locking lever pulls out and spins so as to not interfere with the camera or the tripod base. WISH I NOTICED THAT before my trip.

It held my set up quite nicely. I was using a set up that weighs about 2 lbs...but up to about 3.5 lbs. I bought it to cut my travel weight of the head in half. It did that...but missed the smoother, larger ball head. Again...still worth it...if you are moving up to this quality/level. Some notables if you are moving down to it. Build quality is very good.
on March 13, 2017
This is a solid head, and can hold some serious gear. Love the one knob to adjust the head. It is a great head, and the only reason for four stars is because it squeaks when you are adjusting it. But an overall awesome product by Benro.
on January 15, 2013
I bought this to fit on a Manfrotto MM394 Large Monopod. Ball heads are not ideal for monopods but I could never really use the so called swivel tilts. I am a 360 degree photographer. This ball head fits the monopod as if it was made for it. The action of a ball head is better than the swivel tilts as it permits full up and down movement even in vertical orientation. As I used this I found that it was very hard to use. The camera quick release would move around unless tightened very hard. The lever to release the foot was very hard to work. When it did it propelled the camera off. The only reason the camera is okay is that I always where the strap around my neck.
on April 6, 2013
A very solid, compact and smooth little ballhead. Works very well with my Lumix G5 and 300mm zoom. Lever is easy to use to adjust tension, but it doesn't allow seperate pan and ball tension. The quick release plate is small enough that it does not interfere with the battery door, a real plus. Also the clever latch design allows you to latch it open, then just slip the plate in and have it snap closed securely without touching the latch. Then you can snug it down a bit more if you want. To release it the 2nd lever must be pressed also, so little chance of it snagging on something and just dropping the camera. It's small stature makes a good fit for a monopod, which doesn't need panning anyhow. Material seems to be high quality. Probably would not choose it for a large DSLR with heavy lens though.
on November 20, 2012
This is a simple but solid ballhead. I do not have the gear to test the ballhead to its ~17 lb capacity; however, it easily supports a 40D/ 70-200f2.8IS/ 580EXII setup in any orientation.

I would have liked for it to be a bit lighter and to be provided an extra release plate; however, these are just minor complaints.
review image
on August 9, 2016
The head is great. It does what it is supposed to do. What I don't like about these types of heads is the mechanism that is used to keep the plate down. Benro did away with the way Monfrotto does it with the weird metal pin that hurts your fingers. This was the biggest reason for me getting this.
on August 1, 2013
I did not give it five stars because of one set back. The base receptacle is not the conventional 1/4-20 and as such a bushing is required to screw the ball head on to my monopod and /or tripod. It caused me to place a separate order to buy the bushing even though the latter is inexpensive. If Benro should have included such bushing with the ball head then it will deserve 5 stars. By itself, the ball head is well designed. It is sturdy and well serve the purpose as a convenient tool for a tripod/monopod.
on October 5, 2013
Purchased this for a Sirui monopod due to the price and quick release system. The base of this ball head is smaller than the top of the Sirui. This is the smallest of four versions of this ball head. Due to this the lever will not rotate past the base. Lucky that the lever position tightens and loosens before the monopod interferes with it. Although it is one of the lightest I found with the quick release it adds quite a bit of weight to the Sirui monopod. Still reasonably light together to carry and adds the tilt and quick release which make the monopod much more flexible to use.