|Print List Price:||$7.99|
Save $5.00 (63%)
Benton: A Zombie Novel: Volume One Kindle Edition
|Length: 161 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
|Age Level: 18 - 18|
- Book 1 of 3 in Benton: A Zombie Novel (3 Book Series)
Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1. Being written down to, which this book did in spades. I believe someone called it VERY YA, as in not YA but written as if the reader would be reading their first one or two chapter books. I felt insulted for the younger readers and cringed at many of the poorly and childishly written scenes. NOT BADLY WRITTEN just written down to the readers.
2. The attempt at having some kind of romance when the author obviously wanted to have something without it being inappropriate (OK for MG but ... YA is 12 and up) but... there was oral sex, or at least a limited description of it. This is not being sold as YA though, so ummm what the heck! The romance quality is a crush, that is fine for tweens, again but even so I would not want my tween (well when they were one) or even teen reading it or suggesting they read this because they would get mad at me for giving them a book which reads like one assumes since they are kids they are stupid and cannot read beyond their age. Writing style and imposed tone through simplicity, not so much content does this.
3. Read like a fleshed out outline almost, or maybe an idea for TV episode or something? She did this, They did that.. NO SHOWING, all telling.Read more ›
All of that sound like a great premise for a zombie story. Except she is not that bright. She quickly loses her car in a manner which was easily avoidable. Thankfully, before she can herself be eaten she is rescued by a rag tag band of other twenty somethings. Predictably there is a hot guy who she falls for. And in actuallity I can't fault her there. In times of stress and fright, the need to bond with someone else is there and real. The group has a plan, wise in the fact that they see the need to get south to a place with warmer winters, and know they need to take stock piles of fuel, food and necessaties with them. The zombies themselves are merely second stage actors in this story. They are there to add the reason to flee and band together and fight - the common enemy. So far so good. You have action, romance and a reason for the surviviors to be on the move.
So why is this a 3 star book? I will be honest, I almost gave it two stars. And all due to the writer's style. This book is written very haltingly and simple. If it wasn't for the sexual interludes, I would call it a tween/young teen book. The idea was good and started well but was poorly fleshed out.Read more ›
Characters & Story line: 2.5/5
I had to do some thinking when it came to this review. Since this is not my normal type of book. I tried to come from a neutral perspective. I felt that the characters needed some development, and I did not always understand what motivated their actions and decisions.
There was a conversation between Jennifer & Mark about God & religion that seemed a bit out of place. I can understand why it came up but it was just kind of out of the blue and very short and not necessary.
Jennifer - Jennifer is sweet & a survivalist. I'm not sure if I would stay sane if I saw what she saw and went through what she did. Jennifer needs a little bit fire to her personality. She seems to be a natural at everything. I want to know more about her as a person, and her history. I don't understand some of the things that she says or decisions that she makes.
Mark is such a sweet character. I liked him. Gary is such an ass. He is the one who got under Jen's skin. Katie is annoying. I think all she does is scream and get paralysed every time she sees a Zombie.
Plot, Pace, Writing style: 2.5/5
The writing style is kind of staccato and doesn't flow smoothly. The pace is good and the plot is interesting, but also a bit predictable in some ways.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Thank you for letting me review this product for free or at a heavy discount in exchange for an
honest and unbiased opinion. Read more
It was realistic. Different types of personalities.
Between all of the characters.
I can't wait for the next one .
I loved it all but cried because I'm a sensitive person. I recommend this book to anyone who like a little bit of inappropriate stuff and people who like Zombies.Published 10 months ago by Brooklynn Hope Brown
If you are a fan of television shows like The Vampire Diaries, Dawson’s Creek, or movies like Mean Girls or Twilight… you’re probably going to love Benton: A Zombie Novel volume... Read morePublished 11 months ago by AudioBook Reviewer
Set in modern-day small town Illinois, Jennifer Benton must first escape her house. Everyone she knows, including her family, have turned into zombies. Read morePublished 13 months ago by DabOfDarkness
i think this book was really good. It ranks second after "The Secret Apocyplse" in my favorite zombie books. It combines romance, thrill, and gore/action into one.Published 14 months ago by Amazon Customer
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Literature & Fiction
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Children's eBooks > Science Fiction, Fantasy & Scary Stories > Science Fiction > Dystopian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Nonfiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Dystopian