Industrial Deals Beauty MagazinestoInspire STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning TheTick TheTick TheTick  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis hots Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Mass Market Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 78 reviews
on March 29, 2017
not exactly literature. but has the spirit of the original Beowulf! Great introduction to the story. Was very hesitant to buy it, but glade I did. My children really enjoyed it!
on May 14, 2017
great, all like in the description
on October 19, 2015
"Beowulf" is part of the curriculum for 10th grade English. My students have reading deficits and struggle reading the textbook version. The abridged version is absolutely wonderful! Robert Nye does a wonderful job following the story lines in the original poem of the epic hero. The students absolutely love the book and have a hard time putting it down.
on August 30, 2016
There are only two books of fiction that I have read twice. Franny and Zooey is one and this is the other one. I could not put it down. I fell in love with Beowulf. I bought one for my Grandson, age 16 and he read it all in one sitting and liked it very much.
on October 15, 2016
A good book. I like the part where Beowulf slayed Grendel's mother. I am a 12-year-old reader who only likes certain books and I LOVED it. If I could rate more than 5 stars I would.đź‘Ť
on December 8, 2016
I read this with my high school students to illustrate epic poems and the time period the were finally written down in. My kids loved it!
on April 20, 2017
Easily understood by my 12 year old students.
on April 20, 2017
good
on May 23, 2015
A new Telling is great for kids who have not read Beowulf! A book that will be nice for your kids in middle school and help prepare them for the full version that they will read in HS...
on November 11, 2014
It was really good and a very heroic story. I really loved it!!!!! Everyone should get the book and do not watch the movie endless you read the book first because it is totally different. I hope you like it!!!!