Amazon Business Books with Buzz STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty March Birthstone Book House Cleaning _ros _ros _ros  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEM

Style Name: Pink Smiling|Change

Showing 1-10 of 542 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 622 reviews
on May 13, 2016
This is the very first review I have ever taken the time to write. I gave this doll to my 88 year old mother for part of her "Mother's Day" gift and she was absolutely thrilled. I had read where dementia patients often enjoy some toys but I have walked a fine line to not embarrass or insult my Mom. She recently enjoyed a small stuffed bunny included with her Easter basket so I took the chance on the doll. I am so glad that I did! Her face lite up like a small child at Christmas! I had to stop the car and help her get her "baby" out of the box and all of her clothes ready to go before we could continue our trip. The doll is the perfect size for her to handle..not to big or heavy but not too little making the clothes easy for Mom to handle. She has named her "baby" several times but with her memory loss the name does change at times but this has been the best gift I have come up with in the last several years. Please remember at a certain point...this baby can be a wonderful option for our folks that are back to being "kids at heart".
on April 6, 2016
This Berenguer doll is my 5 yr olds 2nd doll like this. She loved the first one so much that she ordered a "twin" with a different expression. This doll is so cute and tiny. Very realistic looking. She is not anatomically correct like the first doll (My first yawn). Her accessories are adorable and fit better than preemie size we were using. People think that they are real...even though they are small we get comments like "oh, I thought that was a real baby". The smiling doll on the left is the one on this review. The one on the right was purchased in December named "first yawn" .The open mouth in "First Yawn" doll is appealing to my daughter because she can "feed" her and a pacifier stays in her mouth. If your daughter likes dolls that look realistic this will be a hit. Some people say the size is too small, but it's just perfect for tiny hands to hold onto. It's not a burden to take places because it's small. (Doll is pictures with a 2 liter bottle of coke to show the size)JC Toys 14-Inch La Nursery Newborn 8 Piece Layette Baby Doll Set, Pink
review image
on May 19, 2011
OK... I just got this baby doll. This is no where in this listing/ pictures showing that you might get the baby doll of a DIFFERENT facial expression. But the one I got is NOT the same as the picture!

I knew there are 2 facial expressions of this doll since I saw it on the JC Toys website. HOWEVER, in this listing, it only shows ONE facial expression! So I thought I was getting the "smiling" one. BUT NO, it turned out the one I got is the one without the smile but an open mouth.

Well I think Amazon should at least tell us which one we're getting, or they should show the picture of the one with a different facial expression so we know we may be getting either one.

I am still keeping this doll as I think it actually looks even more realistic than the smiley one. But for some people, this may be a big deal. So I'd like to tell you this with this review. If you want to see what the other facial expression looks like, you may want to go to the JC Toys website to check it out.

On the good side, as I said, this is a really realistic baby doll! I like the soft vinyl and the cuddling post. Very cute doll!
22 comments| 153 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 30, 2016
We bought this for our 2 year old daughter and gave it to her when we came home with our newborn son. She loved it instantly and was able to copy everything mommy was doing to the baby on this doll. This was the one of the best things I think I have ever purchased for her and is amazing to give to a little girl to have when her mommy comes home with another baby.
on December 29, 2010
UPDATED 9/1/16: I see from many of the reviews that there no longer seems to be an issue with the scent, and the product description specifically mentions unscented. So, I don't think this is an issue any longer.

We are a family of six children, ages 9 years down to a baby. My daughters love baby dolls, and they take care of them just like a real baby, with the experience to know exactly what that should be like! When I first saw this doll, I was sure it would be adored as it's modeled to look like a real newborn. So, when my 5-year-old needed a new doll for Christmas, as her old one was falling apart, this is what I bought.

This is definitely a very realistic, newborn-like baby doll. It's on a slightly smaller scale, 14" curled up, but the doll is properly proportioned. There are all the appropriate creases and folds, the backbone visible, etc, but the relatively standard non-gender specific features. The posture is that of a newborn baby, curled up. This is a huge plus for my daughters (the 7 yo and 3 1/2 yo like to play with it too).

However, it does differ in some ways from many babydolls. The legs, as mentioned, are curled up like a newborns, and they are not moveable. This doll stays curled up like a baby and can not be stood up to pretend it's an older child or grown-up. Also, the eyes are permanently open; there are no lids.

The big negative for me is that the doll has been perfumed, presumably to smell like a newborn baby. I never use baby powder or scented stuff on my babies, so my babies don't smell perfumed. But even the perfumed babies I've smelled have had a much milder smell than this. When I opened the box, I could immediately smell the scent. I've since washed the baby doll several times with soap and water, as well as handwashing the clothes, and the smell is still there. It's possible it will wear off some with future use, but the doll has been played with for a week, and I can still tell when the baby comes near. The smell might be less bothersome to someone else, as I tend to avoid scented items, but still it is very noticeable. My daughters aren't bothered by the smell, but they can't bring it near me, because it does bother me. NOTE: After almost 1 year of use, the smell has not faded one bit.)

The clothes that came with this doll seem durable enough, though there is a caution to only handwash the diaper and not to wring it dry. Additional clothes for this doll don't seem to be easy to find. It will not fit in standard 14" doll clothes because of being thicker around the torso and curled up. We bought size preemie sleepers, and they're slightly big, but no bigger than a newborn's clothes often are on him/her.

Still, on the whole, I like this baby doll. It's a nice realistic-looking newborn, which is perfect in my family where the children are very used to having baby siblings. It's very educational and lends itself well to pretending to be a mother/father. My main caution is about the fact that the doll is strongly scented, and I would caution against buying it if anyone in your household is sensitive to scents and perfumes.
77 comments| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 6, 2017
This doll is so adorable. Everyone loves her. She's small, as described but realistic looking which was most important to my daughter. I'll now be buying one for my nieces and my other daughter. She fits preemie size clothing nicely. We also bought cheap pacifiers and cut the nipple off so it looks like she's sucking on it. She's wearing a newborn size diaper in one of the pictures.
review image review image
on November 25, 2013
OMG!!! Just beautiful. This baby is just gorgeous. My daughter is going to love this baby for Christmas. I fell in love with it. It couldn't be more perfect. It is just lovely. I know my daughter will enjoy giving her lots of love. I'm sure that any little girl will love this baby, she is just darling.
on August 25, 2015
Ordered the smiling version and got the original newborn girl. It soft and expression is just like a newborn baby. My 2 year old like it. The negative will be that the dolls head is curled up so the doll never lays flat. It's awkward to hold down or up. Legs all joint up at the knees. I really like that it comes with more than one outfit. Overall I am not happy with this doll. Not worth the price
review image review image review image
on March 2, 2017
Bought one "girl" and one "boy" under the impression that they were anatomically correct. They are not. So instead of teaching my daughter the difference between male and female they are just propagating gender stereotypes that girls wear pink and boys wear blue. Awesome. Thanks.
on March 17, 2017
Daughter loves it. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a cute life-like doll. Arrived on-time in secure packaging.