Hill Climb Racing 2 Vehicles Review Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18_gno

So I was looking for a good Easter story to read to my children. This book was more for K who is 9 rather than A who is 3.
I didn't realize that the Berenstain books had some religion in them, I grew up reading these books and have never seen this in a story before. That did not turn me away from it as I wanted K to learn what Easter was really about but in a way that he would understand. This was perfect for that because Easter is just not about candy it is about Jesus and him raising from the dead three days later. This book did a wonderful job with describing the meaning of Easter and K had a few questions but not too many.
Now it says there is a sticker set with this book I bought the ebook and there was no sticker set included so do not expect that with the ebook but more for the paperback.
Now if you are not big into religion then this book will not be for you, if you are introducing your child/ren or are big into religion and want something read this will be good for you.

K's questions and answers.
Did you like the story? "Yes I did"
Did you understand the story being told? "Yes it was about Jesus and not having candy."
Would you read this book again? "Yes only at Easter."
Would you recommend this book to your friends? "I think my friends would like this because they can learn about Jesus."
on March 2, 2016
Perfect to tell the story of Easter!
review imagereview imagereview image
on September 30, 2015
This is a nice Easter book for children. The only thing that kind of surprised me was the story of Easter and the other related characters including Jesus are all portrayed by bears. Usually in children's books I have found that Jesus and the related characters to his story are human, no matter the usual characters to a particular themed book.
VINE VOICEon April 14, 2014
The Berenstain Bears are very inquisitive, and one day they started thinking about Easter. Brother, Sister and Honey bear wondered what Easter was all about. They all liked Jelly beans,chocolate and many candies, there were too many to choose. Was candy what Easter i s all about?

When they arrived at Sunday School, they asked their teacher, Missus Ursula, what Easter was all about. She suggested that they watch the Church play 'The Easter Story'. When you read this book, you will understand what Easter us all about. The authors, have given us a wonderful storyline to discuss Jesus and God and Easter. Teachers/Parents and their children will have many questions and it will be a good time to talk about the miracle of Easter. The illustrations are vivid and colorful, and depict the story as it is told.

The Berenstains have been writing about the Berenstain Bears since 1962. What wonderful stories for many children.

Recommended. prisrob 04-14-14
Brother, Sister and Honey Bear are dreaming/thinking/focused on all the different types of Easter candy even in Sunday school. When 'challenged' by the teacher to tell the rest of the class what else Easter is about there is a lot of head scratching! All they come up with are the words, "Bible Stuff"! It's time to learn some more! First step is to go to the class next door to watch the play The Easter Story.

Yes, this book is Christian based providing the true account of the first Easter when Jesus died on the cross and rose again. Yes, it is scans of the original paperback book so five of the pages have double text showing the original text in the picture along with the separate, readable text. This book is VERY readable on the Kindle as the text has been typed in separately from the images. I'm just guessing that some of the original picture book texts could not be cropped enough so had to be left in.

At the end of the book there are some activities and questions. Great book for those who enjoy the Berenstain Bears and want their children to grasp the true meaning of Easter. Thanks, Liz
on January 24, 2018
A bit more religious then I was expecting however we are Catholic and we celebrate Easter and it was a nice kids story for once to have something my son could relate too. I will be looking for other stories like it.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 1, 2017
Great book, storyline, and price for a classic Berenstain Bear book!
on April 4, 2017
Fast delivery, book is just as I expected it would be.
on May 28, 2017
PERFECT book for our kiddos. Talks about both the real meaning of easter, as well as the candy aspect of it. We used this to help us tell the story and bridge the gap with our 4 year old. very happy with this purchase.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on April 2, 2017
We love the Berenstain Bears books and that they actually talk about Jesus instead of doing a secular easter bunny substance-free story and this is a sweet little book that comes with nice stickers.