Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Bergan, Comfort Carrier, Large, Black" and save 40% off the $54.99 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Bergan Comfort Carrier Soft-Sided Pet Carrier
|Price:||$50.09 & FREE Shipping|
Usually ships within 4 to 5 days.
- For pets up to 22 pounds
- Soft washable fleece bed and rigid insert panel help keep carrier shape and are removable for washing
- Half zip opening on one end, full zip opening on the other end and added mesh panels allow maximum accessibility and ventilation for your pet
- Exclusive Pet Connect side zipper opening allows you to safely interact and comfort your pet while traveling
- Included shoulder strap is optional, adjustable and padded for comfort
- This Bergan Comfort Carrier is Lead and Phthalate Safe
- Bergan's Comfort Carrier Soft-Sided Pet Carrier (Large, Black), is a stylish solution for pets and pet owners on the go
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Bergan Pet Carriers are not only comfortable for your pet, but also distinctly sophisticated. The Comfort Carrier is a zippered opening that allows you to comfort your pet during travel. Carry your pet with confidence in this Bergan soft-sided carrier.
- · Soft washable fleece bed and rigid insert panel help keep carrier shape and are removable for washing.
- · Half zip opening on one end, full zip opening on the other end and added mesh panels allow maximum accessibility and ventilation for your pet.
- · Exclusive “Pet Connect” side zipper opening allows you to safely interact and comfort your pet while traveling.
- · Included shoulder strap is optional, adjustable and padded for comfort.
- · Stationary carrying straps fasten together into attached padded handle.
- · Bonus identification tag and three exterior pockets for your added convenience.
- · Reflective strips, seatbelt loops and locking zippers for added safety.
Convenience for You - Security for your Pet
Practical Design and Comfort
Bergan pet carriers provide an unequaled pet-carrying experience that focuses on comfort and safety for your dog or cat. Now you and your pet can achieve maximum comfort while traveling.
- Airline Compliant
- Fleece travel bed is removable for easy washing
- Safety belt loop allows carrier to be restrained with vehicle seat belt
- Superior ventilation
- Multiple convenient pockets
- Padded shoulder strap
Among pet owners top travel fears are the security and comfort of their pet. Pet's may become anxious while traveling and opening the door while on the go is not convenient. The "Pet Connect" feature appeared in the first generation of Comfort Carriers and is a pet owner's favorite feature to this day. The best solutions are often simple.
Perfect for so many uses, including:
- Around-the-town pet companionship
- Trips to the vet
- Long road trips
- Taking pet on airplane
Comfort and convenience are key! The Bergan Comfort Carrier keeps your pet safe, enclosed and calm.
Color: Black | Size: Large
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Compare to similar items
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||-Supermart||PetSupplied||Petco||River Colony Trading||Balkowitsch Enterprises||PetSupplied|
|Color||Black||Black/Brown||Original Black||Black||Jet Black||Black/Brown|
|Item Dimensions||10 x 19 x 13 in||13.78 x 23.62 x 13.78 in||11 x 17 x 10.5 in||11.81 x 17.72 x 11.81 in||10.5 x 22 x 10 in||9.84 x 17.72 x 9.84 in|
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
After reading the reviews on amazon, we decided to purchase two of this carrier (sz large). It indeed is much lighter compares to the plastic crate, but it also feels sturdy, mostly made of quality materials. I like that it has both hand carry and shoulder-strap carrying options, so now I can carry both cats and still have a free hand to open/close the doors & etc. I also like the see-through mesh.
Let me mention some extra features that I liked, but not frequently mentioned in other amazon reviews to help you make the decision.
1. Easy to clean-- The fleece pad is removable and washable. This is definitely a useful feature because one of our cat urinates when she's nervous. With the previous plastic crate, I had to wash and scrub the interior (by "I" I really meant "my husband"). With this bag, we can toss the fleece into the washer. There's a plastic-wrapped insert that goes under the fleece pad to help distribute the pet weight equally and keeps the bag in shape. That Insert has to be removed before tossing the fleece pad in the washer. The insert itself, since it is plastic-wrapped, it can be cleaned by spraying it with a cleaner and wipe it down.
2. Easy to store-- Remove the fleece pad and the insert under the fleece pad, then, the bag can be folded flat (appx 2" thickness)and stored away. This is SOOOO NICE compared to the large plastic crate that does nothing excepting taking up space and being an eye sore, for at least 362 days out of a year.
3. Seat belt loop-- I no longer worry about the crate sliding around while car is in motion. Thumbs up for safety!
I think the most difficult part of this transaction was picking out the right bag size. Like I mentioned, our cats are 10 lbs +/- 1 lbs. Each cat fits into a large bag (10"W X 19"L x 13H") comfortably. I couldn't fit both cats into one large bag. We've tried the medium size bag too-- Cat #1 put up a small fight and she won because the bag opening was too small to shove her in. We lured Cat #2 into the bag, and it was SNUG. He couldn't really stand or turn in a medium bag.
We now leave the bags out and throw treats in there once in a while to get the cats to like being inside the bags. They actually like to stay in there sometimes. Getting them to the vet is now a breeze.
I have uploaded a picture of my cats so you get an idea of how a 10-lb cat looks in the Large bag. I also uploaded a video. I am new to video reviews, if you have any comments or suggestions, or anything you would like to know about this bag, please feel free to comment.
The Bergan carrier is soft-sided, as advertised, and quite light. It comes with a handy shoulder strap and a white fleece bed. Because confined pets will sometimes do their business in a carrier, I purchased some thick disposable pads (also sold by Bergan) to cover the little bed. The large Bergan carrier is perfect for my 7-plus pound calico; it's airy and allows the pet to see, from all four sides, what's going on outside (unlike cardboard box carriers, for example). I would say a Yorkie or chihuahua might be comfortable. The manufacturer says the large size will accommodate up to a 22-lb. pet, but I don't think any pet over 10 - 12 lbs. or so would be comfortable in the available space, especially if (s)he is confined for a lengthy period of time in the carrier. Bottom line, though, this is a very nice carrier.
Overall, I really like this carrier. The fleece mat is removable and makes the carrier feel really sturdy. The mat has a really thick cardboard (?) layer that keeps the carrier from collapsing under the weight of my cat. My cat is 13lbs and long (not just fat), but fits in the Large carrier fine. The bottom doesn't feel like it is buckling under her weight, even when she's shifting around and huddling in the corner. I have taken her to the vet using the Bergan carrier too, and she's been fine. I also really like the small pockets on the carrier. I've used them to hold her harness and toys. I also like the extra zippers that give me access to her without letting her loose. There is a small horizontal zipper across the top to pet her, and also the other end of the carrier zips halfway down. It's really nice that both of the zippers on the ends also have plastic buckles to make sure the zippers don't accidentally separate.
I took off one star because of the elasticity of the frame. On one hand, it's good that the top can bend down. On the other hand, the frame on the sides will also bend a little when I buckle the carrier into the car. Since my cat fills out the carrier pretty well, I'm afraid that she might get too hot if the carrier is squeezing in a little more than usual. The carrier is designed to have seat belt buckles wrapped around it, so for a design improvement, I would like the bottom half of the carrier to be reinforced so the seat belt isn't deforming the carrier as much. The top should stay the same in order to fit on airplanes. I've uploaded two pictures of my cat in her Bergan at the airport. You can kind of see that at 13 lbs, she pretty much spreads out over the whole fleece bed. Using a seat belt in the car gets a little cramped.