Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Bergan Disposable Pet Pads, 4 pack
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon ElvisandNixon  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Celine Dion Water Sports

on October 31, 2011
The Bergen Disposable Pet Pads are essentially wee-wee pads for pet carriers. I used mine for an all day trip by airplane with one transfer, two carriers. The pad fastens securely to the inner plate. It's longer and wider so that it forms a little wall all the way around. No urine will spray or bounce onto the carrier pad underneath. However, not only does it keep urine from soiling the carrier or, more importantly, the pet, but it gives the occupant something to scratch at during high stress periods, again, saving the carrier from unnecessary damage. In the end, after a 12-hour trip with a 20-pound and an 11-pound cat, the carriers came out fine and I only used 1 pad each.

P.S. - I received the items very quickly too.
22 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 11, 2013
The picture for this item leads you to believe you are buying a thick pad. This is a VERY thin piece of plastic with another thin layer of cotton on top. In the product picture, what you are actually looking at is the pad you are purchasing wrapped AROUND another pad you supposedly already have. (I uploaded a product photo to hopefully demonstrate how thin this product is.) If you tape these directly to your carrier it will leave a residue that you will have a hard time removing. Also, even though it's disposable, the product description (as of January 2013) states, "it's durable and machine washable!" Do not believe this. This is certainly one-time use only, much like a disposable diaper.

I can see that if you are traveling and have no other options, this might keep your pet dry. However, four pads for $10 is not an economical, long-term solution if you travel frequently or if you have to keep your pet in his carrier overnight occasionally. I have found that Scott Shop Towels (the thick blue kind) work great for this. For our cat carrier I roll out four sheets then fold in half. If our cat has an accident in his carrier he stays dry and clean up is easy. Plus, it's a lot cheaper than these ridiculous pads.
review image
VINE VOICEon February 20, 2013
This is just a liner for your pet carrier, NOT a wee wee pad. It does not have any attractant in it that will make the puppy or kitten want to "go" it is just there for an accident if it occurs. I used the American Airlines carrier and had to fold the Pet Pad down smaller but it was no big deal.

It is like a big, flat disposable diaper to line a portable, airlines carrier. That's it. Kind of pricey, but you don't want to put a wee wee pad in there for the whole flight or the poor pup will be miserable smelling that attractant smell.

I carried a wee wee pad in my own carry on (in a zip loc bag) and when we got to the next airport I took the pup into the ladies restroom, spread out the wee wee pad on the floor and put her on it. She went, and I tossed it.

The PET PAD (this product) just stayed in the carrier the whole time for insurance.
on August 17, 2012
These were great! Moved from Katy, TX to Laconia, NH for what was a 12 hour trip from door to door with 2 cats on Southwest airlines. These pads were so absorbable that at 1st I thought my kitties had truly gone 12 hours without relieving themselves.
on February 16, 2013
I bought these to put in my two cats carriers on an overseas flight. They worked perfect, I liked how they hook under the bottom insert of the carrier and stick there so it doesn't get all pushed around by the cat moving.
on August 22, 2013
Luckily our dog never had to test these during the flight, but my wife sure did! She spilled a large gatorade bottle on top of this and the pad absorbed ever last drop of 32 oz! I was amazed.
on August 10, 2011
Kept cat hair and odor in a specific spot in the car for a three day road trip with cats who refuse to travel in carriers
on April 2, 2012
Great product! .. if you travel long distances with your dog and cannot get them out of the bag in airplanes and such ... this is a great 'back-up' option to add as layer above their padding ... always a good idea to carry an extra in case your pet does need to 'use' the pad that is in place.
on May 3, 2013
Purchased these pads for my Bergan soft carrier with high hopes that I wouldn't have to keep washing the carrier and bed every time my cat had an accident whenever I travel with him. Well, high hopes were quickly dashed that first weekend I used these pads. My cat couldn't hold it in for a 45-minute car ride, but I thought, no problem since I've got these wee-wee pads--wrong. The pads didn't absorb the urine quickly enough and leaked through the sides of the carrier and down the seat of my car. Take two: I thought at the very least I could double-up and use the pads with the fleece bed over it so I wouldn't have to wash the carrier as well--wrong. It still ended up leaking on the sides. I tried it a third time (disposable pad on the bottom, fleece liner covering it) just to give it another shot--disappointment, again. So basically these pads failed to do the one thing they are expected to do--absorb my kitty's mess. They also left sticky residue from the attachment sticker points all over the base board. It was also hard to fit the pads to the board exactly, as it wasn't an exact fit. Love the Bergan soft carrier, but these pads were useless. I could've just bought puppy wee-wee pads and fit it over the board and gotten the same (or maybe even better) results.
on April 5, 2013
My kitty had an accident while traveling, and it was so easy to clean up after. All I did was take the cat out, remove the pad, and throw the pad away. I replaced the pad, and put the cat back, and it all took about 5 minutes maximum. No smell, no spillage, no problem. There are sticky pads, like on a diaper, so it stays in place. I used it with the Bergan large pet carrier and it fit perfectly around the Sherpa pad inside. We ordered more for our next trip, and will continue to use them as long as thy are made for every trip. So convenient!

See 1 answered question