Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy Spider-Man: Homecoming available to buy  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 20 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 20 reviews
on January 28, 2010
Purchased four types of nuts from Bergin simultaneously to make large batch of trail mix for several of my brothers who frequently hike/mountain bike with a group. I do the easy work by making their trail mix; they do the hard work - the hiking and biking!

First time purchase of these Bergin pecans, filberts (hazelnuts) and cashews; second attempt at their almonds. (First purchase of Bergin almonds was horrible; stale, sticky, gummy & chewy even though the 'flavor' seemed ok. They were just terrible. But that was months ago so I thought I give it another try).

So far, the pecans, almonds (this time around) and the filberts are terrifically yummy. It is the cashews this time that are useless. Waste of money. All packages were sealed by folded over cellophane bags (like those cheap, holiday treat bags) and closed with an adhesive label listing nutritional values. Could not determine reason for stale cashews, but then again, I couldn't determine reason for stale almonds months ago either.

So, some good; some not so good. Unsure if I'd purchase from this company again, even if on sale. Guess it is the luck of the draw.
on June 22, 2013
I purchased this item when I saw many glowing reviews...and I'm sorry I did. The nuts I received were completely tasteless. I usually buy my pecans from my local Whole Foods store and they are much, much better. I will not buy from this company again.

UPDATE 10/24/13: I tried another order recently, and this time the pecans are moist, flavorful and delicious. I think there may be differences in the pecans at different seasons and time of year.
on October 31, 2013
These pecan halves arrived super fresh! I don't think I've ever had pecans that tasted so amazingly delicious. Highly recommend this brand for all your nut needs!
on September 17, 2013
I ordered these since I was looking for some fresh pecans to toss into salads or "eat out of the bag". Frankly, they are not very "pecany". More suited for pecan pie baking, which I will save them for, than using raw. Probably not as fresh as they could be. However, I am picky about pecans since my neighbors had pecan trees when I was growing up - so they might be fine for others.
on September 2, 2012
This purchase of pecan halves was the worst I have ever ordered. 85% of the package was inedible because they were small, dark, twisted and tasted lousy. I also ordered cashews from Amazon (different company) and they were the best I have ever tasted. These pecans are from the Bergin Nut Company. Save your money and find a different brand.
on July 29, 2013
Very nice pecans halves. Very few broken pieces. Fresh taste. Tasty eaten out of the bag and in baking. Did not notice any pecan dust on bottom of bag, which would mean bugs. So a clean product.

Will recorder from the company.

Recommend.

Best to keep in freezer for freshness and to kill any bugs that might have hitched a ride or climbed in from your kitchen.
on January 31, 2013
A little smaller than expected, should have paid more attention to ounces. Over all they taste very good. Some pieces are broken but its nuts in a bag. Would buy again.
on July 17, 2012
I can't stop eating these, well I can, but seriously these things taste awesome!!! All the local grocery stores near me sell the walnuts, brazil nuts, sunflower seeds, etc. BUT NO PECANS!!!! Does anyone else think that's kinda weird? Next time you go shopping look to see if the store has pecans, they are rare to find. But anyway, I'm happy I can get them on Amazon!!!
VINE VOICEon September 9, 2011
Best of 4 brands that I have tried: Better than Planters and Klein Naturals. Equal to or perhaps slightly better than Von's / Safeway's.

Plump, meaty, not acidic in taste.
on October 2, 2012
The Pecans are a big hit. They are fresh and tasty. They work well with the Flat Belly Diet recipe books as there are a number of recipes with pecans, and they are also great as an afternoon snack. I'd buy them again from this seller.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
See 1 answered question