Berkey Big-BB9-PF2-Bot Water Filter
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- EVERYTHING INCLUDED: System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, 2 Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Elements, stainless steel lid with handle, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base. Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel.
- BLACK BERKEY PURIFICATION ELEMENTS: These elements (known as BB9) purify the water and have been tested by State and EPA accredited laboratories to exceed NSF/ANSI Standard 53. Made and assembled in the USA, and Warrantied.
- FLUORIDE AND ARSENIC FILTERS: These filters (known as PF-2) absorb Fluoride, Arsenic, and other heavy metal ions in the water. They attach to the Black Berkey purification elements. Made and assembled in the USA, and Warrantied.
- DURABILITY: Each Black Berkey® Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended. Can be cleaned up to 100 times using a Scotch-Brite pad. Each set of 2 Berkey PF-2™ Elements are good for 1000 gallons of use.
- BUNDLED WITH STAINLESS STEEL WATER BOTTLE: Stainless steel BPA free water bottle with Rubber Grips. It is 10.5 inches tall, 2.5 inches wide and holds 24 ounces.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
Big Berkey Water Purification System
SYSTEM: This system holds 2.25 gallons and is constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel. Height: 19.25 inches. Diameter 8.5 inches. The system is Warrantied.
EVERYTHING INCLUDED: System includes upper and lower stainless steel chambers, 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements, 2 wingnuts, 2 washers, 1 priming button, stainless steel lid with handle, spigot, and a rubber gasket to protect the base.
VERSATILE: Berkey systems are ideal for families, at home, during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies. This powerful system purifies both treated water and untreated raw water from such sources as remote lakes, streams, stagnant ponds and water supplies in foreign countries, where regulations may be substandard at best.
WATER PURIFIER: The Berkey water filter system removes pathogenic bacteria, cysts and parasites entirely and extracts harmful chemicals such as herbicides, pesticides, VOCs, organic solvents, radon 222 and trihalomethanes. It also reduces nitrates, nitrites and unhealthy minerals such as lead and mercury. This system is so powerful it can remove food coloring from water without removing the beneficial minerals your body needs. Virtually no other system can duplicate this performance. Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel.
WARRANTY: The water purification system comes with a warranty from the manufacturer.
Note: These Systems are Not available in California or Iowa.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I contacted the manufacturer, Berkey, about this and was told to direct my complaint to the seller. Even though Berkey sells retail and my product was under their warranty, Berkey refused to send me replacement rubber plugs and washers unless I paid for them! The seller acknowledged that the rubber components were known to impart a rubber taste to the water and sent me free silicone replacements for just the plugs but not the rubber washer behind the spigot. When I inquired about a silicone ring for the spigot. I was told by the seller that only separately sold stainless steel spigots are available with silicone rings. So I purchased an excellent, beautifully crafted one for only $10.
Now about a month after first setting up my Big Berkey, my water finally has a very pleasant taste. One wonders why rubber components are included with the Big Berkey when rubber is known to impart an unpleasant taste to the water. Furthermore why couldn't a state of the art, $288 water purifier come equipped with a $10 stainless steel spigot instead of a cheap and ugly plastic one with a rubber ring? Such frugality speaks poorly for the manufacturer
FYI - carefully unpacking the unit, carefully reading and closely following all enclosed instructions, priming the filters, installing the filters, filling the tank, etc....took me over an hour and it was worth it based on the delicious water that issued forth!
It can take approximately 24 hours for all of the water to filter through to the second tank using two filter elements. If you want faster throughput, install additional filters within your unit.
I had no problem setting it up....and I'm not very mechanically inclined. I also bought stainless steel ice cube trays and love them also...after all, if you want clean, pure water, you don't want nasty ice that comes from your refrigerator icemaker and I like to stay away from plastic as much as possible. I also bought a stainless steel spigot to replace the plastic one that comes with the Berkey, which I'm sure would work fine, but I wanted everything to be stainless steel.
I travel for work and I'm away from home for many months out of the year-staying at extended stay hotels, or in a room in a house, and always unsure oftbe aualuty ifthe water. I usually have to lug at least 7 gallons of water/wk up stairs to apt. and it gets tiring. I researched many types of filtration systems and it kept leaving me back to the Berky- this system does not require any additional electrical or rewiring or plumbing and once the filters are primed -you're good to go.
It is the perfect match for me and this system can come with me and provide me with the best water without the complications of the installation of the other types of water systems. Getting system up and starting is a little bit of a learning curve it doesn't take much time but you do have to Prime the filters and let the water go flow freely through the system a few times before you can start collecting it for drinking water- after that is done it's a no-brainer is the best tasting water I have ever had and so far in the last month two of my friends have ordered this system for themselves
My expectations were exceeded!
Most recent customer reviews
One important comment - when attaching the white (fluoride) filter do not make the black filter insert to go all the...Read more
I've always had issues with water tasting "off" but no longer!Read more