- Audio CD
- ASIN: B000ZLRVCE
- Average Customer Review: 4.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (11 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #127,119 in Music (See Top 100 in Music)
Bernard Herrmann FAHRENHEIT 451 / TWILIGHT ZONE: WALKING DISTANCE SOUNDTRACK
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
2. Classic-film composer Bernard Herrmann's usual style was to reach out and grab the listener by the forelock. But the music here is seemingly unlike anything previously written for the cinematic screen by Mr. Herrmann. More for concert halls of the future than for art-house movie theaters of the past. Although FAHRENHEIT 451 (1966) is a sci-fi film (or tries to be), Mr. Herrmann's score is far from and far above "typical" sci-fi music from yesteryear or today. It is a breath taking, haunting, and acoustically gorgeous, delicate creation as fully realized on this CD release. The music and the film reside in drastically different universes.
3. This recording is one of the two kick-off releases from a new CD label--Tribute Film Classics (the other release is Mr. Hermann's starling score for MYSTERIOUS ISLAND). Tribute's star line up is one of a kind: classic-film score Restoration/Arrangement Masters John Morgan and William Stromberg with Maestro Stromberg on the conducting podium for starters.
4. Once again, the conductor is at one with the orchestra (as is his custom). Orchestral performance is superb. It sounds like much rehearsal time (instrumentalist by instrumentalist) preceded the final product. Sound engineering and editing are also first rate.
5. The CD booklet is a special treat. It is extensive and contains at least one surprising revelation. Restoration Master John Morgan's "Recording Notes" kicks things off.Read more ›
Bernard Herrmann wrote an amazingly beautiful, lyrical tone poem for Truffaut's film of Ray Bradbury's "Fahrenheit 451". Over the years we're heard suites and snippets of the score. Here, at long last, is Herrmann's entire score -- superbly performed and beautifully recorded. This is a pleasure to hear!
A worthy addition to any collection!
Bernard Herrmann was one of the great screen composers and his work on Fahrenheit 451 was among his best. This CD contains the entire score, including music that was cut in the final edit of the film. It expresses the isolation of life in a statist world as well as the interior heartbeat of a couple of the rebel central characters.
As a bonus, the disc also includes Herrmann's track for an early first season episode of The Twilight Zone episode, Walking Distance, which was a
gem of the small screen.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
We haven't really had all of the film's music available on disc before. What we have gotten heretofore have been suites, Herrmann himself recording a selection of items with the... Read morePublished on April 4, 2013 by John J. Puccio
5 star -farenheit 451 recording...also the walking distance rates a 5 star...one of my favorite films and one of my favorite twilight zone episodes.Published on February 10, 2013 by porcupine
William Stromberg and the Moscow Symphony Orchestra offer spellbinding performances on this CD. Both the complete score for Fahrenheit 451 and the score for The Twilight Zone's... Read morePublished on December 20, 2009 by K. Russell
This re-creation of Bernard Herrmann's score for Fahrenheit 451, along with the bonus recording of Herrmann's Walking Distance, is a must-have for fans of this great film music... Read morePublished on October 6, 2008 by Terrence H. Seamon