Your Garage Beauty LyingGame STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning powers4premiere powers4premiere powers4premiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 108 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 112 reviews
on May 16, 2017
It's now been a full three months since I first started taking this gelatin every morning with my coffee, and it seems to have really helped both my hair and my nails. I was spurred to write this review because other women at work have started to remark on how nice my nails look and how long my hair is growing!

I put a teaspoon or so in each cup of coffee, adding the gelatin first and then pouring the hot coffee in; this generally makes it dissolve fully almost by itself without the need for stirring. Any other way of doing it tends to leave undissolved gelatin on spoons and in my cups, which is difficult to get off without soaking or using hot water. I haven't tried using it with cold juices, but I have to wonder if it would dissolve in those at all.

It's difficult to objectively claim my hair and nails are actually stronger than they were before I started using it, or if they are just growing faster. Perhaps it's both, since making them stronger would allow them to get longer before they break or chip. My nails still chip and split, but perhaps it's just going to take more time before I see improvement in that. Because my nails seem to be growing faster, this makes the chipping less of a problem since I can just file them again and they grow back.

One thing that bothered me when I was first considering purchasing this, is that the ad doesn't give much indication of the size of the container; there's nothing to compare it to. The 14 oz. container is roughly the size of a jar of pasta sauce; I use two to three teaspoons a day, and it's lasted a full three months.

I haven't noticed any smell or taste issues with this product, and I think I'm fairly discerning about them both; this could be discounted by the fact I haven't used it in anything besides coffee.

If I could, I would have taken only half a star off for the fact it doesn't seem to dissolve exceptionally well; otherwise this would have got a full five stars from me.
on January 12, 2014
I’m really pleased with this gelatin. I like it much better than Knox. I used the recommendation by another review to make Jello with 1 cup juice to 1 tablespoon gelatin and it works really well. Warm half of the juice and gelatin to dissolve then add the rest of the juice and combine then put in the fridge for about 4 hours.

I’ve only been adding it to my coffee for less than a week and I can already see an improvement in my skin! My hands had been really irritated and breaking open in places with this cold weather we’ve had. Now they are back to normal after using the gelatin. I’m putting 1.5 tsp in a cup of coffee for a total of about 1 tablespoon per day. Surprisingly I can’t taste it at all, which I’m really happy about. I’m also giving my 2 year old about 2 tsp per day and the rash on his face is significantly better, almost gone.

I’d like to try the Great Lakes brand but many reviews said it tastes bad so I’m hesitant. I like that this brand was recommended by Weston A. Price Foundation. A trusted source for lots of health information. I also use it to make baby formula.

I also like how they fill the container pretty much full. I find it annoying how most products have much larger containers than they need to appear you are getting more than what you really are. It wastes the plastic and I’d rather have smaller containers with less waste.
on March 13, 2016
My doctor recommended this brand for my arthritis and I have been putting it in my smoothie every morning. I noticed reviews of other products talked about a bad smell, but this one has no smell. Unflavored and unsweetened. Made from grain and grass fed bovine raised in Argentina - according to his Bernard Jensen's website. I recommend this brand.
on June 7, 2016
This product works!!!! I had problems with my knees that started a year ago, never paid attention to it until lone day they were so swollen I couldn't walk. I knew I have problems with joints and decided to supplement with this gellatin. In 1 week my knees got are so much better!!! Not just my joints, but my skin is clearing out of acne! I never thought that this product has so many benefits. I used to use it for homemade baby formula and now it's whole family's favorite supplement. We put it in the coffee. You can not taste or smell it. Love it!
on June 3, 2016
good stuff for anxiety, it has really helped me
I just put a tablespoon in an empty cup then add in cold water and let it sit for 10 minutes then microwave for 2.5 minutes and everything completely dissolves.
on June 9, 2014
I'm not sure what I was expecting - perhaps the name "Bovine" had my sights set abnormally low, but I was very pleased when I received my bottle and discovered the exceptional quality. Very fine, uniform granules of gelatin mix in VERY easily to the juice I was using to make organic jello for my son. It works like a dream (way better than Knox which is what I used to use) and it's organic. My son loved it! My only complaint - if you can even call it that - is that it worked too well! The person whose recipe I used which called for 2 tbsp of Bernard Jensen gelatin obviously prefers their jello to have a firmer texture than me so won't need to use as much next time! I don't need to shop anyplace else - I've found my go-to company for organic gelatin!
on June 2, 2017
Got this as a dietary supplement. I liked it okay, I would've preferred if it dissolved a little more easily. Tastes okay, I just made a kind of soup with some bouillon in it to make it more enjoyable
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon July 18, 2013
This gelatin gels up nicely. I also love that it is made from cows that are first tested that they are not sick.
on April 2, 2017
Excellent as a thickening agent. I've tested it against several others -- this one is better by a order of magnitude.
on June 26, 2013
I had a bad sprain. Sprinkled this in soup (it's tasteless) for several days and noticed a big improvement in pain relief. It worked better than Alleve.