- File Size: 1241 KB
- Print Length: 357 pages
- Page Numbers Source ISBN: 0990883159
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publisher: Argon Press (June 15, 2017)
- Publication Date: June 15, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B06XWJZTPB
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#315,910 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #85 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Visionary & Metaphysical
- #120 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Science & Technology
- #178 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
Bernie and the Wizards: young adult fantasy / science fiction (The Universe Builders Book 3) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
This task becomes so much more than a simple who did what and why. Rather, Bernie embarks on a journey that reveals how he feels about himself and the other gods, created beings, his father, and even how his choices affect others. He is slowly meandering to adulthood, growing up by making mistakes and learning from them. He forms ethical stances and faces the challenges of fame. He gets his first kiss and realizes the importance of his friends. How Bernie solves his guid-pepper production problem in this story is perfect, poetic justice at its' finest, and fitting for his beliefs and for the client and Photox's needs.This is Bernie's step into adulthood, and I cannot wait to see what he does next.
I have always been drawn to Bernie. He thinks outside of the box, approaching things in such unique and interesting ways. I admire his courage and commitment to his beliefs. I love that he gets so attached to his assignments. I agree with how he feels about what he creates and love his curious and adventuresome nature in broadening his knowledge of them. That he is slightly dorky, awkward, and frequently gets himself in trouble either by accident or attachment only makes him more relatable.
I loved every moment of this story, reading through it more than once and enjoying it just as much, if not more, the second time. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this story to everyone who likes a good adventure story with a pinch of fantasy thrown in for good measure.
I received a free copy of this book and voluntarily chose to review it.
[ I am voluntarily reviewing this book after receiving it as a gift from the author.]
“The only thing I can think of is how hard you worked to save your world. I’ve never seen anyone who cares as much as you do about created life. I think it has to do with that.”
Bernie is now working as a sort of a low level trouble shooter for The Business. Even though he's won an exceptional award for his last Universe, it hadn't really affected him ..much. That is, until he is singled out by a returning older god for his work.
That even makes his father who hasn't contacted him since his parents split up years before sit up and take notice. Bernie has always wanted some recognition from the "great Simeon", only god to ever win three Universe Awards. He is warned by just about everyone close that that there might be some hidden agenda that his father has to be trying to connect with him now. Is Bernie mature enough to see that?
While this is going on in Godtown, Bernie is trying to find out the problems in a Universe still under warranty but showing some definite problems. It was made specifically to supple guid peppers and mangaroons for another owner, however the farmers on the planet are under some kind of threat, and Bernie needs to find the threat and "fix" it. Then the farmers can go back to growing and supplying the owner with the product. The owner sees only his bottom line even if Bernie sees beyond that to the communities themselves. Something has happened to change things, and Bernie wants to find the problem and offer a solution instead of 'blinking them out" and starting again.
While working on this situation, Bernie is also tiptoeing around young adulthood and new attractions---girls. His parents were no example, so he turns to the ever present Lenny and Suzi to try and get some answers. And together, the three friends work on restructuring not only their lives, but the lives of those on the "broken Universe" before everything falls apart.
Steve Lebel again draws you into a world you can quickly come to love. Imagine an ethical basis for creating a world in a business that makes them and gets rid of them just as quickly, with no thought as to what/who they have created. What does Bernie learn from both his life and his world's life. What can he teach his teachers and learn from those he teaches as well as his growing maturity within. When I first (literally) stumbled upon the first Universe Builders book, I told everyone it would make a great ethics lesson for a Confirmation Class. I stand behind that statement as I review this third book in the series. Well done Bernie! Well done Steve Lebel! 5 stars.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
He has his dream job.
Girls scream and faint when he walks by.
The Ancient Gods know his name and are interested in his work.Read more
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Wizards & Witches
- Books > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Science Fiction & Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Fantasy
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Science & Technology
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Literature & Fiction > Visionary & Metaphysical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Epic
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Time Travel