- File Size: 2039 KB
- Print Length: 427 pages
- Publisher: William Frederick; 1 edition (December 25, 2013)
- Publication Date: December 25, 2013
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B00EGS6ZHO
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,676,707 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
Bertram & Gertrude's Steamy Amsterdam Weekend: A gent in Amsterdam. Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "The Silent Corner" by Dean Koontz
A dazzling new series, a pure adrenaline rush, debuts with Jane Hawk, a remarkable heroine certain to become an icon of suspense. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Bertram (a quasi secret agent) is a lovable, bumbling character who is loyal to the very end to his one true love, Gertrude. After years apart, they finally get together for a rendezvous in Amsterdam. Things start out normal enough, but the get-together quickly goes off the rails. The couple becomes embroiled in an investigation with the local police department, which brings them into contact with characters that have names like Ms. Ku Ki Choo (insert laughing snort), Schapenvlees Dolk (Google it), and too many more to mention. When they aren't operating as undercover agents, they are enjoying plenty of tasty, local fare, a spliff or two, and massages.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book, as well as the thoughtful footnotes the author has provided for those of us who don't speak fluent dutch, nor speak UK slang. I would recommend it to anyone who needs a great round of belly laughs!
Interspersed with hilarious descriptions of Bertie and Trudie’s steamy sex life and forays into their gastronomic preferences, this is a hugely funny read. There were several laugh out loud moments when Bertie had various mishaps which sent him buck-naked flying off the balcony into the canal below, once with a butt plug inserted in a part of his anatomy, and each time being fished out by two off-duty police officers.
This books scores on a couple of age issues too. One being that people in their 60s can and do have very active and imaginative sex lives and the second that they’re not on the shelf, past their sell-by date. In other words, they are still worthy contributors to society!
William Frederick obviously knows his way around the streets and canals of Amsterdam and maybe even how the Dutch Secret Service operates. Either that, or he’s actually been a spy and is now writing about his sex-ploits.
I really enjoyed this story. At times whimsical, other times hugely farcical with some really hilarious comedic scenes, William Frederick is a brilliant story teller and I can’t wait for the next book in the series.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller & Suspense
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > Humorous
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Thriller
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Humor & Satire > General Humor