- Series: Best American Magazine Writing
- Paperback: 464 pages
- Publisher: Harper Perennial (December 2, 2003)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0060567759
- ISBN-13: 978-0060567750
- Product Dimensions: 5.3 x 1 x 8 inches
- Shipping Weight: 12.2 ounces
- Average Customer Review: 4.0 out of 5 stars See all reviews (1 customer review)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,011,772 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Best American Magazine Writing 2003 Paperback – December 2, 2003
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
Fantastic prose and exemplary storytelling are key features to the Best American books, and this one is no exception. The highlights from this collection include a discussion of Icebergs and Global Warming called "Terminal Ice," a retelling of football coach George O'Leary's downfall called "Lying in Wait," a chilling account of Holocaust victims used to create an anatmy guide in "The Most Dangerous Beauty," and reportage on the Hezbollah terrorist movement called "In the Party of God."
The only drawback to this collection is that the articles and stories vary so widely in subject matter that some will likely be of much more interest to any individual reader than others. Nevertheless, it's a keeper.