- Series: Best Bike Rides Series
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: FalconGuides; First Edition, First edition (June 18, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0762780819
- ISBN-13: 978-0762780815
- Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.9 x 0.6 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Average Customer Review: 3.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,625,685 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Best Bike Rides Washington, DC: Great Recreational Rides in the Metro Area (Best Bike Rides Series) Paperback – June 18, 2013
The Amazon Book Review
Discover what to read next through the Amazon Book Review. Learn more.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
From the Back Cover
Hidden in and around Washington, D.C. are some great roads, trails, and bike paths that are fun to explore. Best Bike Rides Washington, D.C. describes 33 great recreational rides in the metro area (plus 9 Honorable Mentions). With most rides between 5 and 30 miles—including road rides, rail trails, bike paths, and mountain bike rides—it’s easy to find an interesting place to ride. Each route includes complete directions, a map, a text description of the area you’ll be riding, the GPS coordinates of the start/finish point, and color photos of one the ride’s features. Also included is information on local restaurants, lodging, maps, bicycle shops, other facilities for cyclists, and community resources.
Look inside to find:
• Detailed maps and directions
• Rides that explore the city as well as the surrounding area.
• A variety of rides, from 5-mile trail rides to 60-mile destination rides
and everything in between
• In-depth information about each ride, including length, terrain,
traffic conditions, and road hazards
• Interesting facts about each area
• Options to create longer or shorter rides
About the Author
Martín Fernández is a local Washington D.C. Area resident who has been involved in the regional mountain bike and cycling scene since the early 90s. He has served on the Board of Directors of the Mid Atlantic Off-Road Enthusiasts, the largest and most active mountain bike advocacy group in the Mid-Atlantic region, on several occasions and continues to be regularly involved with the organization. Martin's mountain bike guide, Mountain Bike, The Washington D.C./Baltimore Area has been a staple in the region, now in its 5th edition it once again sets the standard by which others are measured.
Martin's other FalconGuide title, Best Bike Rides D.C. details rides for cyclists of all levels within a 50-mile radius of Washington, D.C. Martin currently lives in Northern Virginia.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?