BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on January 26, 2008
As a cartoonist for a small town newspaper somewhere in the mountians of California, every year I purchase: "Best Editorial Cartoons of the Year".

The 2008 edition is aother outstanding volume, and full of wonderful political insight from the year 2007. This series spotlights the best of the best, and they are here: Walt Handelsman, Jimmy Margulies, Mike Peters and Dick Locher. Over 100 other great cartoonists are featured in the pages of this book, and I cannot recommend this series highly enough. This is the Bible of the very best political cartoons of the year, and it is as entertaining as it is educational.

Subjects included in this 2008 edition include: The Presidential Campaign, The Bush Administration, The Economy, Crime and Entertainment. From Dick Cheeney to Britney Spears, nobody is safe from the wrath of these cartoonists. The Iraq War, gas prices and immigration are all under attack in the pages of this book.

From 1972 to 2008; "The Best Editorial Cartoons Of The Year" are THE books on this subject. And if: "The Daily Show" is must-see viewing in your home, this book belongs on your bookshelf as well.
FIVE STARS !!!
on April 4, 2012
I look forward each year for the new edition of The Best Political Cartoons of (the year). Published each year since the early 70's, the selected drawings of our political world so candidly summarize the past year. Additionally, the brilliant cartoonists who have been recognized by various institutions honoring this special field of art are cited with a brief biography of the recipient.

Charles Brooks who edited each of the previous publications, passed away this year but he will be well remembered for his enormous contribution to both the unique expressions of our history and well as the collection of talented pollitical artists whose work is so prominent. Fortunately, Amazon.com offers each new edition immediately as it is published.

I now have the complete collection of this series and will continue to look forward to each new edition. To see the foibles and faux pas of our world leaders
this annual collection is a must read. As some great man once said "Leave 'em laughing."
on April 18, 2015
The 2001 Edition of "The Best Editorial Cartoons of The Year" is a collection of Political/Editorial cartoons about the various events that occurred in 2000-including the drawn-out and historical presidential election of that year. Looking at this book reminded me of some of the events that I have forgotten about. I enjoy this book, and I am glad to be able to add it to my collection of Political/Editorial cartoon compilation books.
on October 30, 2013
This is the best of this highly likeable series IMO. It was hilarious, and exposed all of the important 2012 "Election Year" & more activities . There was a lot to make fun of in 2012, and these Cartoonists did not miss a thing. I have it stored close bye, because I am going to read & enjoy it again - at least one more time.

If you want to know what really happened in 2012, look no farther. You won't be disappointed. Highest recommendation.
on January 31, 2013
Not as satisfying as some of the earlier yearbooks in this series but that may represent a less engaging selection of cartoons and events available to include. Covers a generally broad spectrum so expect cartoons you say "right on" to and others than you find yourself wanting to tear up. Fun to remember some of the events of the year that stirred such passions (and may still do).
on September 5, 2017
Funny, amusing & poignant.
on March 11, 2013
The best editorial cartoons. While most editorial cartoons are liberal, the Best Editorial Cartoons of the Year series presents a more balanced compilation of the political and topical editorial cartooning.
on December 26, 2012
I have collected this book for a long time and enjoy the editorial cartoons of the year. These cartoons are able to give a message without much space and it is a time machine later when remembering the past.
on May 17, 2008
Since the 1980's I have purchased this book. Each year I find it rewarding. I am disturbed at the fact that too many papers do not have regular cartoonists. They are valuable and needed. There is indeed humor, as this collection so well shows, in the foibles of our political life. If you don't have it, buy it. Better still, try to get your library to get this and past issues. It is a valuable resource.
VINE VOICEon February 9, 2009
Another solid collection of political cartoons, as edited by Charles Brooks. Many of the cartoons deal with our historic election of Barack Obama as our president. Also covered are Hillary Clinton, the war in Iraq, "W," etc.

My only complaint? I wish there would be more cartoons present in these books. I love editorial cartoons, and this book could be double the size and I'd still want more!