Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Best-Ever Big Brother
Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Gifts for Him hgg16 Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services hf16 hf16 hf16  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now

Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-10 of 46 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on August 9, 2010
This is a very sweet book for preparing a child for a new little brother or sister. It gives all kinds of comparisons showing your little one what he can do that his new sibling won't be able to. *However*, it's only really appropriate for children of a specific age range. It expects that the "big brother" will be potty trained, be able to read, be able to drink from a cup, talk, run, etc. For my 2 year old (not yet potty trained or reading) I worry it may actually confuse him (because he can't do the things the "big brother" is supposed to).

For the right age, this would be a great book, but not for many ages.
on January 24, 2016
My son loves this. After reading about three times, he'd already memorized a lot of it (which makes him even more enthusiastic about reading it). And, he has "learned" some things about babies in the process -- will tell us about big boy underwear and how abides drink milk and can't talk etc. Our second hasn't arrived yet, but this seems like a good book for helping prepare toddlers for becoming big siblings.
on April 24, 2016
This is age appropriate for up to age 3 I would say. I bought it so my son wouldn't feel left out that his sister was getting a whole bunch of books to prepare her for the baby and all though it is very cute it really isn't age appropriate for him at 4, he is very bored by it. It is well written and well illustrated as most of her books just for a younger child.
on December 25, 2010
This is a great book easy for LOs to understand. But our kids are 14m apart and so nealry all of it didn't apply to us.
on August 4, 2014
The basic plot is to contrast the things that big brother can do with what the baby can't do. The selection of examples might not apply to every family. It assumes that the big brother is potty-trained, and that the baby is bottle-fed. The illustrations and lift-the-flap aspect are engaging (5 stars) while the text is okay (3 stars) for an overall 4 stars.
on June 12, 2013
We have a few Karen Katz books so I thought I'd try this one out. This book is better suited for kids after their siblings are born not before. I'm still pregnant with my second so my son doesn't yet have his little sister present and so the book may not make as much sense now.

In terms of the condition, I was disappointed to see that the book actually had a personal message written in it from its previous owner. I've bought a couple of used books before via Amazon and I'm OK with the pages being bent and worn a bit. But it would be nice to know that there is writing in it.

I'll probably avoid buying used kids book online.
on May 8, 2014
I was looking for a book for my son, who is going to be a big brother to a little sister. I was initially looking for something more geared toward big brothers getting a little sister. But this book is half and half. The first 3 pages say something related to having a baby brother, and the other 3 pages say something related to having a baby sister. So you get the best of both worlds with this book.
on February 15, 2015
I was disappointed that the baby was a girl...so this book did not work for my grandsons. And I hate bottle references for baby's when my grandchildren are breastfed. But it was a cute book other than that.
on January 22, 2014
I thought this book would be a great way to explain to my 2 year old how to be a great big brother. But the the messages in this book are definitely meant for older children (for example, it says that an older brother can read a whole book). A little disappointed that this isn't geared more towards younger children, since Karen Katz books are usually our favorite.
on May 1, 2014
This book is fine. We bought it for our 18 mo son as we are expecting another baby soon and are trying to prepare him. I like the content of some of the other books more, but my son does enjoy lifting the flaps in this book. The pictures are cute too. He loves looking at babies and other toddlers.