Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 25 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 33 reviews
on June 22, 2017
I have a lot of these books and this is better - concise and encouraging. The best is that I have seen tips here that I have seen nowhere else and I have read and skimmed soooo many books, websites, etc.

It might not be for everyone - it is a bit scientific and there are no little stories about "Jane was having problems concentrating because she lost and her mother had just been diagnosed with Alzheimer's...." (Nothing at all against these awful things) Also, there are also no questions to answer, like fill in the line to this question....

This book has concrete tips. It is divided well into sections throughout that are not more than 2 pages each. So it is readable.

But the most important for me that it had new advice!!! Imagine that! Go for it!

Have a good day.
on June 13, 2016
This book has extremely helpful ways to try to keep depression at bay. If you are an extremely depressed individual, you may not have the energy or will to pick up the book and read, but if you think you could devote some time to reading, it may prove to be very helpful
on January 30, 2016
BUY THIS BOOK. I HAVE NOT READ THE ENTIRE BOOK YET. PROBABLY ABOUT HALF. THE BOOK IS FULL OF GREAT, HELPFUL TECHNIQUES FOR ANYONE WHO EVER HAS DEPRESSION TO TRY. NOT EVERY TECHNIQUE IS FOR EVERYONE. THERE ARE ENOUGH HELPFUL IDEAS TO CHOOSE FROM, THAT IT IS VERY UNLIKELY THAT YOU WILL NOT BE HELPED BY AT LEAST SOME OF THE IDEAS/TECHNIQUES! AND BEST OF ALL, THE TECHNIQUES FOLLOW CURRENT BRAIN RESEARCH!
on July 23, 2016
Very concise information and reader friendly.
on April 26, 2017
Good book
on March 15, 2016
This is a fantastic book, both to work on for yourself or in conjunction with a therapist. The writing is clear, focused, and easy to understand, but nothing about the book is simplistic. I worked as a psychologist for over 30 years, and I wish I had had this book as a resource for my clients. I learned from the breadth and depth of the well-researched suggestions, and honestly can't think of anything the author missed. Warning: taking these ten techniques seriously and implementing the realistic wisdom they contain could change your life, even if you're not depressed!
on July 11, 2013
I've been suffering from anxiety and depression for all of my adult life. I had already worked through a lot of stuff with my psychologist and considered myself to be fairly knowledgeable about how brain and body are linked when it comes to mental illness.

I still learned a lot - about half of the information in the book was new to me. It helped me visualize the connections and stop certain behaviour. Previously I'd allow myself to feel down because 'it didn't hurt anyone.' I was able to change my behaviour pretty easily and have noticed that life is a bit better.

I'd like to point out that I had already made a lot of progress in my recovery at the time of reading. This just gave me more tools. Most people may not find this book easy to read, as it can be a bit technical at times. It will also take significantly more work and time for others to see a change. My review is mostly to show that it contains a lot of useful stuff and is relevant to people in a similar position to myself.
on September 21, 2012
Unlike most "self-help" books, this one dwells on the solution instead of the problem, and you don't have to wade through lengthy "case studies" to get to the point. It is clear that Wehrenberg understands what it feels like to be depressed, and it's just as clear that she knows how to help. The references to brain science are written in plain English, and it is enlightening to know what's going on in there and how you can change it. This is probably the best and most helpful book I've ever read about depression (that's over about 40 years). It is thoroughly researched, well written, and very readable. After borrowing it from the library I bought a copy so I can always have it on hand.
on June 15, 2015
So helpful that I'm typing up notes as I read it. I will definitely suggest these techniques to my clients. This would be a great book to refer to clients as well.
on August 9, 2015
A very good book that explains depression thourally.