Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(1 star, Verified Purchases). See all 326 reviews
on November 24, 2009
With so many good books out there my book club chose this one! It was boring and did not draw me in. I thought there would be more in depth discussion or story line about friendship between women, something to learn. The characters are not fully formed. It is more like a magazine piece of fiction. The main male character doesn't have enough to do as police chief but go after a small pool of blood found at the scene of a high school reunion. He launches an investigation that seemed unbelievable and disproportionate. It is really about the two women who grew up as friends and will come back together. One knows this from the very beginning and in the meantime we have to deal with an overweight main character who changes herself and looses weight! Isn't there something more for women than these plot lines.
on August 13, 2014
Long an very boring couldn't wait to get to the end? Would not recommend this book
VINE VOICEon October 30, 2009
The story is about two best friends who grow apart due to some high school drama and then reconnect many years later. The premise is interesting but everything else is abysmal. The story is tired, the humor is tired (and sadly embarrassing) the characters are super tired (and boring) and the dialogue is just really bad and unrealistic. The only thing I really wanted out of this book once I started reading it was for it to end and end fast.

The reason I picked up this book was the good reviews I read about it here on Amazon. Big mistake. I normally pick my books after reading positive reviews in the LA Times, NY Times or the New Yorker. Or if someone whose taste I trust suggests a good book. I don't pick books at random otherwise. Well, this was a lesson learned, for sure.

My biggest problem with the book was that it was boring. I didn't feel for the characters and the way they interacted with each other was just simply unrealistic. The author tries to be funny and she succeeds at times but mostly her writing sounds like something you would hear in a really bad remake of a John Hughes movie.

Please don't waste your time with such drivel. There are way too many better books out there that are worth your time and money.
on June 12, 2010
I've loved most of Weiner's other books, but this one was hard to get through. Implausible at almost every turn. Addie is almost believable, but even she's a bit unrealistically naive. And Valerie's antics are just too out there. I should have listened to some of the other reviewers who panned this one. I'm going to be a bit more wary of Weiner's next book.
on March 21, 2015
Boring and a waste of time
on September 21, 2009
If this had been the first book by Weiner that I had read, I would not pick up another. This one was tough to finish. I felt like I was reading an idea for a comedy sketch on SNL - one that wasn't all that funny. Yes, I was disappointed in this one.
on June 19, 2010
For me, Best Friends Forever=Worse Book I've listened in years, and I am a very devoted audio book listener.

What makes this book so bad are the characters in it and the boring, cliché ridden words they sprout. There are not enough negative adjectives and adverbs to describe the characters and their actions adequately. Every character in this quite contrived story, possibly save one, is either stupid, mean, or slightly crazed, and some are all of the above.

It's a time waster this one, six hours that could have been put to better use doing just about anything else. Don't make the same mistake.
on November 13, 2009
I read her other books, "in her shoes" and also "little earthquakes" and loved them. This book lacked a lot of character depth. It was boring and not very creative.
on October 22, 2014
Didn't order this
on August 14, 2009
I just recently purchased my Kindle (which I love) and the first book I read on it was BFF and just what was the point?