- File Size: 4874 KB
- Print Length: 86 pages
- Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
- Publication Date: September 1, 2017
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0741GS4Q2
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#46,137 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
- #168 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Romance > Historical
- #171 in Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Historical
- #273 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Christian > Historical
The Best Gift of All: An O'Connor Christmas Novella Kindle Edition
This month's Book With Buzz: "Little Fires Everywhere" by Celeste Ng
From the bestselling author of Everything I Never Told You, a riveting novel that traces the intertwined fates of the picture - perfect Richardson family and the enigmatic mother and daughter who upend their lives. See more
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
In The Best Gift of All, Julie tackles a problem that stalks many marriages--the battle of striking a balance between being a spouse and a parent. Lizzie struggles mightily, but usually comes down on the side of parent, which isn't good for her or her kids. I admit, I didn't like some of the choices she made in this installment, especially when it came to battling with Brady over disciplining Molly. However, I could identify with her need to be tender where Brady was firm, and her anxiety over being the perfect mother. Lizzie falls into the trap most Christian women do at least once in their lives--the trap that says to please God, we must ultimately please everyone else 100% of the time.
Brady shines as a dad and a husband in The Best Gift of All, despite his crabby exterior. Through Brady, Julie provides probing insight into what it means to be a family man, and the struggles that can come with that role. I enjoyed Brady's interactions with his kids and how patient he managed to be with all of them, stern discipline notwithstanding at times.
Finally, I think my favorite part of The Best Gift of All was the support system of the O'Connor family. Both Lizzie and Brady lean heavily on their loved ones for support, prayer, and advice, and it pays off. There's an especially poignant scene near the end between Lizzie and Faith that did a wonderful job of reuniting my two favorite O'Connor sisters.
I might have liked a little more from this book; for instance, I had trouble believing that one session of love-making would neatly solve Lizzie and Brady's overarching problem. Overall though, Julie has written another winner.
Most recent customer reviews
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Historical
- Books > Christian Books & Bibles > Literature & Fiction > Romance > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle Short Reads > Two hours or more (65-100 pages) > Literature & Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Religious & Inspirational Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Religion & Spirituality > Christian Books & Bibles > Christian Fiction > Romance > Historical