Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 3,601 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 5,021 reviews
on December 20, 2013
I got these things because my kids always wake up when the sun rises, which is awful. These things fixed that.

They're also great for the summer when you have to put them to sleep while the sun is still out at night.
66 comments| 330 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 11, 2014
these things really do filter 99% of light. You can tell its day outside, but you will not be disturbed by light. The curtains are held on the rod with loops, kinda like belt loops. so you can easily get the two sides to over lap each other so as to not worry about light getting through the middle. and the curtains aren't scruffed like the look in the picture, you can draw them out most of their length. So if you have about a 48" or less window, you'd only need one curtain to cover the entire thing.

They do mask sound somewhat, but not enough to really list as a feature. However the heat these things refract is amazing.
33 comments| 181 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 4, 2014
I desperately needed great blackout curtains for when I have to work nightshifts..and these are AMAZING! I ordered the black set and (compared to a previous "blackout curtain" purchase from a department store) these are beyond compare. The sun rises in my bedroom window and even with the bright sun shining.. it is almost COMPLETELY pitch black in my room. I can't speak for any of the other colors but if you truly need "black out" buy black! If you don't like it for your color/decor scheme, do a second set of curtains of your choice on an outer rod.. (Which is what I did!). Also, side note.. The fabric of these curtains is very nice, high quality. The width was a little long for my window so where it bunched up, there was some light peeking through the bottom.. so I cut the seam on the bottom part of the curtain on the side>>Just big enough to fit a skinny pvc pipe, put that in the bottom pocket trim and now it's just heavy enough to lie flat against the wall, even with having extra fabric scrunched up. And literally no light is coming through!!! The pictures I took are 30 seconds apart!!!
review image
11 comment| 168 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 10, 2014
We purchased these to help insulate the large windows we have in our sun room to help keep down heating costs, and they work great! We definitely feel a big different from having these up compared to our previous cotton curtains. The curtains are thick, well hemmed, the fabric used gives the curtain a great soft feel, and they do a great job blacking out the light and holding back the cool air.
We picked up the Grey tone, which looks to have a bit of a blue hue to it, but I'm not sure because the room we have ours in is blue itself, regardless, they look amazing!
Due to our windows width, we had to pick up 4panels and have two on each side of the window. Seeing as the panels are so thick to begin with, when you have to draw them back to let in the light, they tend to get bunched up and not want to budge. For this reason, we wish we pulled the trigger on getting the curtains with grommets built-in, they would probably slide on the poll easier, but by no means is this enough to deduct a star.
When pulled back, both curtains, though extremely thick, fit nicely inside the curtain holdback hooks. Though the set does comes with tie-backs and they look great! They are the same material as the curtain but still manage to offer a nice accent to the curtains. They're cut with an angle to offer up a bit more visual style when the curtains are held back and include two loops made from a very durable string.
It's nice to see that the company put as much thought and care into their tie-backs as they did with the overall curtain design and build!

Great curtains, love these!
on June 14, 2010
*Please be sure to watch my video of both the pink and brown curtains and see my images I posted - note I put 54" but meant 84"* Okay - so I read the 3 bad reviews on this product. I bought these curtains for my daughter's room because she is extremely sensitive to the light and wakes up as soon as the sun starts to rise. After purchasing them, I was wandering through Target and suffered serious buyers remorse when I saw "blackout curtains" for half the price! Well, I bought those, intending to return these as soon as they arrived. Boy, was I disappointed when the Target "blackout" curtains barely blocked half the light! When these arrived, we promptly removed our Target curtains, placing them in the playroom instead (where she has sleepovers) and installed these. The room went black - just like in the hotels! The curtains hang nicely and although they are not quite the color pictured, they work well in her room. It's summer now, school has let out, and my baby has been sleeping until noon! Wow! What a difference. Oh, and I checked Wallyworld. Those curtains that are half the price - are only one panel! By the time you buy two panels, you've paid the same price anyway - or nearly so. Oh, and one other thing, my daughter's room, which was the hottest room in the house in the summer, and the coldest in the winter - is now quite chill in the summer, thanks to the insulating quality of these panels. I'll post a video review as soon as my daughter cleans her room! I plan to purchase 3 more sets soon for the guest rooms as I find these are an *excellent* value! Although probably not in beige ;)
4545 comments| 1,147 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2017
We live in Alaska and our summers are bright. I was looking for the perfect curtains for my kids room to block out the daylight when bedtime comes. 8:00pm can look like 4:00pm which is hard for kids to understand and settle down. These have worked great! We purchased a curtain rod that wraps around to the wall so there wasn't a space between the wall and curtain where it hung. These really blackout the room and have worked great! I was hesitant since they are not lined, but no worries here. Great length and beautiful dark rich navy color.
on April 30, 2017
I can't say enough good things about these thermal drapes. I purchased them to block off the front of our diesel pusher (RV) with its big windows from the rest of the rig. But we sold it before I got a chance to retrofit the curtains to the RV. Now we are in a 32-ft class c, and when I realized how much heat was beaming into the rear bedroom, I remembered the unused thermal curtains in storage. I pulled them out, cut them up, and fashioned three blackout curtains for the one large and two small windows in the RV bedroom. WHAT A DIFFERENCE these curtains make. Before I put them up the bedroom was always warmish, and too much RV park light streamed through the window at night. During the heat of the day, without the thermals, I would put my hand in front of the drop-down shade (that came with the RV) and feel oven-like heat emanating through the shade onto my hand. But now when the sun is beating straight onto the bedroom windows and I put my hand in front of the thermal drapes, I feel NOTHING. The room is much cooler during the day and much darker at night. I just got through ordering another set. I'm going to cut them up and fashion a much better quality blackout/thermal curtain to keep the heat from coming into the RV through the front windshield. I'm a quilter and a lifelong seamstress. I assure you, it's a whole lot cheaper to buy these drapes and cut them to fit your windows than it is to buy the raw fabric at any fabric shop.
on June 11, 2017
These are outstanding blackout/thermal drapes! Bought navy color 2 years ago & hung on three Southwest windows of our Gulf Coast home. I'm back to explain a third hanging option: There is a small "header" on the top of each panel. It is just wide enough to get the narrowest "sash rod" in it. (Sash rods @ any home improvement store/website; very inexpensive, telescope to fit various window widths.) Did this so we could hang the panels right up against the wall above each window. No need for cornice or anything else cause NO LIGHT GETS IN AT ALL unless I pull the panels aside with a tie back. And that is important to understand--the header is snug on the sash rod--and rod mounting would not take the tugging needed to slide drapes open and closed. You must know with certainty that you want/need light completely blocked & only partially available when tied back--i.e. likely a room used mainly for sleep. This works like a dream to also reduce heat, cold, and sound significantly--our HVAC comes on less often. The navy color did not fit my decor; so I bought decorative, lined drapes and hung on a standard inexpensive wraparound rod. The blackouts are not visible, even from the sides, unless I retract the decorative drapes. Love it, problem solved! Will be ordering second pair of panels to block AM light in our guest room too. Can't wait to see how much that reduces our spring and summer utility bills!
on May 6, 2017
This is my second pair of these blackout shades. Dark red did the trick on another window, so I tried these. Here's everything I wanted to know.

1. Does wheat actually black-out most daytime light? Y-E-S. I've attached three pictures taken at 9:00 a.m. One shows that there is small seepage, which is my fault for having an unusual window setup (ledge, massive height, etc.) But notice the difference between the small seepage area and the rest of the pitch black room! The second picture is with the curtains partially pulled back to show the difference. Finally, the third is with the room's light on, showing the color as best I can.

2. Do the curtains look like their picture on Amazon? Y-E-S. I wanted more of a "golden wheat", and I got a wheat/wheat. My fault there too! But if you're looking for something more reliable than the beige color to block out light, these are pretty close - and boy do they block light!

3. These curtains don't have the rings - they open and close through slots cut into the back of the curtain. That can be elegant for some. For me and my install, the curtain occasionally hangs on the part of the curtain rod that slots inside the other half of the curtain rod. (The part in the middle). I *think* that's the rod's fault, not the curtain's fault. But it's made the curtain+rod experience 97% great instead of 100% great.

4. The window here is 46.5 inches wide. Yes, that can still make a two-panel curtain of this width work well!

5. Does the smaller curtain rod commonly sold here (and covering, say 25"-47.5") work for a window that's 46.5 inches wide? Y-E-S. For reasons having to do with getting the right blackout rod, the curvature of the rod allows for a placement of the curtain rod brackets up to roughly 52.5" apart, which is more than enough for a 46.5" window.

Bottom Line - Thrilled!
review image review image review image
on August 18, 2012
I ordered the beige curtains, and they block a little less light than I had expected based on the customer images, but they are still perfect for what I need. I didn't want black out curtains, but rather, something that would decrease the sun's heat in my Florida room throughout the day. The light still seeps through the curtains, but the heat is kept a little more at bay with these. They are also nice and soft, made of good material. I would recommend and am purchasing a second set for the other window in the room.
review image review image
55 comments| 280 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.