Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch New Album by Josh Too and the conflicts Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 2,947 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 3,950 reviews
TOP 50 REVIEWERon August 13, 2013
I'm a night shift nurse and haven't adjusted well to sleeping during the day. I decided that my easiest option would be to make my room completely dark. After reading reviews, looking at pictures and comparing brands , I decided on these curtains.

They have worked wonders. I bought them in black because I saw other reviewers mentioned the lighter colors didn't block the light. I speak for black only, but no light comes through these curtains! There's a little light that comes through the top and the sides, but that's it. The grommet style is a little more modern than other styles I looked at. We've had some 90 degree days around here this summer and I have noticed a *slight* reduction in the temp of my bedroom since installing these, not a dramatic difference though, but an added bonus. I have definitely noticed an improvement in my sleep since installing these.

A little hint: If you are looking for a true blackout make sure you buy the curtains quite a bit bigger than your window. I bought one set the only gave me a couple inches on each side of my window and there was quite a bit of light. I was unhappy with that so I bought this set and a set for my sliding glass door that fit better. Now I have roughly 13 inches of curtain above, to the sides, and below my window which has helped keep the light out quite a bit. I'm putting a few pictures up so you can see how these curtains look in black.

Update: I've had these up for almost 2 years and still love them! I've been known to over sleep because it keeps my room so dark, but I don't see a problem with that occasionally.
review image review image
22 comments| 128 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 23, 2017
These are perfection!! I ordered the sky blue which is exactly the color shown in the picture-light, not too bright but not too gray. It's a great neutral blue that can be paired with other shades like navy or denim or other colors like gray. Color was obviously most important to me. The grommets are an antique bronze, another must have for me. The material is thick but not heavy, silky but not sheen or shiny. It looks like it's the kind that will be easy to wipe clean, fingers crossed. Even this light color blocks out the light amazingly. The tie backs are a big plus as well. Great value, I highly recommend!
on April 28, 2013
I was a little skeptical about all the reviews on here, but desperately needed some blackout curtains to help me sleep. I bought the chocolate brown, and they work perfectly! I put them up and they instantly blocked out the light. They even help keep my bedroom cooler.

One of the curtains has a small flaw in the middle of it which I noticed when ironing, but given the price I don't think that was a major issue.

They also slide really easily along the rod I put up, making opening and closing really easy. The rod I bought is 1" around and works great.

If you need blackout curtains I strongly urge you to try these in brown!
review image review image
on November 22, 2015
Could not believe how wonderful the quality of these are! I was looking for cheap and really didn't believe they were going to be that great of black out shades. Boy was I wrong!! Great quality and I've got a baby room w a window the faces the setting sun NO light comes thru. Going to swap all my window curtains to these!!
review image
on March 6, 2017
These are very nice drapes. Expensive feel without the expensive price tag. Yes, they arrive with creases. I washed mine in warm water, reg cycle and dried on low heat. Came out very very nice. They make a huge difference in the amount of cold radiating off the windows (or heat). They are room darkening as well. I've also noticed they cut down on a lot of outside noise, so for me that's a plus. I bought one set for my living room, one for my dining room and one for my slider to the back yard. Going to buy two more for my bedroom windows.
on April 29, 2017
First I bought them for the den and they looked awesome and the blackout quality is A-1. In fact they looked so good I bought them for the family room patio doors, shortly followed by the small side windows. One I had all these installed I thought why not replace the draft curtain and I've just put them up. Believe me, no one buys 4 sets of drapes if they are not 100% happy with the product. For such a reasonable price the quality of the curtains is wonderful. They have a slight sheen which gives them a touch of ambience when the sun hits them, I purchased the burgundy color and it is exactly the same as is depicted on the website. I see that some folk are having a problem with a room darkening issue, I drew the curtains in the middle of the day and the room was totally darkened, great product.
on April 29, 2017
I bought these for the red velvet look for my movie theater and they don't disappoint. The color is spot on for a theater. They do a good job stopping light though I have a blind and two moving blankets in the window behind it blocking out all light. The curtain looks great and has nice holes for the curtain rod. The inside is red as well, not white which frankly looks odd. It is really long though. I'm glad I got mine regardless of length, though I need to take it up a little.
review image review image review image review image
on May 2, 2017
I've had these for two years in grey. I do have some fading however they get quite a bit of sun exposure.

They drape very nicely and look nice. I like the way they go on the rod and they are easy to keep neat when open or closed.

I'm unsure why they tested so well for light blocking. They definitely aren't 100% black out. They do block enough light to sleep easily during the day, though.

I am buying at least 4 more panels to go with my summer guest bedroom set and may also get them for my dining room. I ran all over town trying to find a shorter curtain for bedrooms and no one had them. I'm pleased with the length of these.

I would recommend them as a good purchase.
on March 29, 2017
These curtains are made of a plush fabric that is nonetheless supple and hangs gracefully. Heavy enough to preserve indoor heat from window drafts too -- a real boon for owners of older homes like us. Yet despite their thickness, the fabric folds in nicely, giving your window maximum exposure for letting in as much sunlight as possible. These are very high quality construction and a surprising value for the price. We are already considering a second purchase for a different room. We wish we had found these sooner, before purchasing other curtains from different sellers that are now disappointing in comparison. Highly recommended.
on March 17, 2017
I work the evening shift and tend to stay up most of the night and sleep through the morning, so I needed curtains that would block the morning sun that smacks my window around 8am. First I tried some Eclipse "blackout" curtains from a local retailer that turned out to be more "greyout". Their fancy "Thermaweave" and "Thermaback" technologies still let too much light through for me to consider them "blackout". Based on the reviews here I decided to give these a try. The product page makes it clear that darker colors block more light (I don't know why anyone would buy beige curtains expecting full blackout?) so I decided not to take any chances and went with black. Let me tell you, these are the real deal. The fabric feels heavy and high quality, it's silky smooth and the stitching is well done. They drape beautifully. I did have to iron them before hanging, which is to be expected after being folded up in the packaging. Best of all they are true blackout curtains! Nary a sunbeam penetrates the inky blackness in the bright morning glare. I notice a slight reduction in noise as well, though it's not dramatic. All in all excellent curtains!