Industrial Deals Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning kidsevergreen kidsevergreen kidsevergreen  Amazon Echo now $99.99 Limited-time offer: All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 7,737 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 8,712 reviews
UPDATE: 1/24/2014 - Waterpik has a new model, the Aquarius Model WP660C, Waterpik Aquarius Professional Water Flosser, White Satin Base with Crystal Clear Reservoir. It's been updated with a few new features. It has a gum massage feature and to help you pace your flossing it pulses at 30 and 60 seconds. It runs for 90 seconds on a full tank at the highest pressure setting. The WP-100W has a clunky storage space on the top for storing the tips and the WP-660C does away with that while allowing the storage of two tips between the reservoir and body of the waterpik. It is much lighter in weight (not sure if that's good or not) and is attractive in a waterpik kind of way. You may want to consider checking out my review of the WP-660C before making your decision on which to get. I actually prefer this Ultra WP-100W in spite of the new features of the Aquarius WP-660C

---

I'm very pleased with this Waterpik Ultra WP-100W water flosser. Prior to this I owned an Interplak Dental Water Jet, 1 each and I was quite happy with how long it lasted. That one lasted 3 years with daily use and started to leak at the handle so I decided it was time to buy a new one. Unable to locate the same thing locally, I decided to purchase the Waterpik WP-100 and so far I find it superior to the Interplak.

The Waterpik operates on 120V, 60Hz only.
Measures at the base 5.5" wide, 4.75" deep.
Cord length is about 54" which is quite generous.

It's got a small footprint so doesn't take up much counter space. The Interplak didn't take up much space either, but the Interplak was very light and it was more difficult to remove the water reservoir than with the Waterpik. The Waterpik is heftier and feels more substantial and better built.

I was also quite surprised at how quiet it is. Compared to the Interplak which made a LOT of noise, this is very quiet.

I think the water reservoir has more than enough capacity for me and I seldom fill it all the way to the top. Usually about 1/2 to 3/4 of the way to get a thorough amount of flossing action. With the water reservoir filled completely and the pressure set to mid-range it will operate for 2 minutes 45 seconds.

A large variety of tips are included, most of which I never use. But if you have orthodontic appliances, then there are tips that you will appreciate for getting around the orthodontics. there is only one standard tip however so if you are not the only person using the machine, you'll have to purchase some additional "normal" tips for other users.

I have the pressure setting set to 7 and it's plenty powerful enough for me.

The handle has a really handy button to temporarily stop the flow of water and I also really like the rotating tip feature that lets you easily manipulate the tip position while its in your mouth without having to do contortions with your hand and arm.

It's a winner. Now I just hope it lasts for years. I'll update my review if necessary.

UPDATE: August 12, 2012 - My WaterPik is now almost a year old and is still working perfectly. I use it every day. No leaks, no odd noises. It's doing its job well.

UPDATE: May 19, 2013 - Still going strong. No problems.

UPDATE: January 24, 2014 - Still going strong. No problems.
5150+ comments| 2,653 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 6, 2015
I had a Waterpik years ago. Splatters from it probably still linger somewhere in my bathroom. Later got one of the cordless models which was clumsy and totally lacking in water capacity. Given my history, I was somewhat leary when ordering this one. I was pleasantly surprised with this product. Having the pause control on the wand keeps splatter accidents to a minimum. It has lots of power and is tidy and compact on my bathroom counter. I use it twice daily.
on May 7, 2015
Quick overview of notable features:
WP-660= lightweight, LED panel, timer, massage setting.
WP-100 Ultra= built solidly, better accessory holder (holds more/easy to reach), overall cleaner appearance (coils/wand go back neatly).

WP-660c. "New model"
• The new WP-660 is lighter (610 grams), but feels flimsy/cheap.
•Case is very thin.
• Clear water reservoir container, BUT you can't read the measurements when attached because they face/covered by the small accessory storage area.
• Accessory storage holder only holds TWO tips (you receive 7 tips total/3 are the same). Inconviently placed on the inside.
• Wand holder is much smaller and narrow. The coils are difficult
to put back neatly due to this downgrade. This gives the unit an unkept appearance.
• More compact, but it is taller and you lose the accessory tip holder.
• Does have a stutter at 30 seconds and 1 minute. A nice feature.
• Does have a "massage" mode. The other nice feature.
• LED panel
--------------------------//-------------------------
WP-100 Ultra. "Older model"

• The older WP-100(ultra) is heavier (1,100 grams), but feels much sturdier.
• Blue colored water reservoir, but you can read the measurements.
• Comes with 6 tips (only 2 regular tips instead of 3, otherwise the same as WP-660)
• Accessory storage unit holds 4 tips. Located on top of reservoir for easy access.
• Wand holder is wider and longer, but is very easy to use. The coils neatly go back without much (if any) effort. This makes the entire unit look clean and maintained.

*Here is a link of a side by side comparison: http://waterflosserreviews.com/waterpik-ultra-vs-aquarius/
review image
0Comment| 104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 22, 2015
This product doesn't even deserve 1 star. Bought to replace a previous Waterpik, used it 2 days then it died. Called customer service where I was told to plug it in either a bedroom or living room, and it worked there. The rep informed me that it doesn't work well with GFCI outlets!? That the noise is too much, but I could buy a 'single outlet surge protector', which she said they'd just rec'd training on, and only cost $2.68 I didn't (still don't) understand why a surge protector would help, but I did go to lowes and ask if they had them. Nope. Tried online, they aren't $2.68, much more, and I'm not sure that even that would help. The rep also said I would be stuck with it and not able to use their products! Well I returned it to Amazon since I can't use it in my bedroom! I bought a Quick Breeze Oral Irrigator for $29.99. Made much better, works flawlessly, and no messy, bulky junk on my vanity top! Customer service is a joke with this company, the product is flawed if it won't work with a GFCI, and I do not have to be 'stuck with it'!
on August 9, 2015
I've had this for over a year, and I'm just now writing the review. I use it daily and sometimes twice a day and it still works fine. A few times a week, I'll dilute mouthwash, such as Closys in it for a little more periodontal disease reducing punch. It comes with different attachments but I find the regular attachment is best for me. There is an ortho attachment but that one is to refined for my level of sensitivity. I think mine has lasted so long because I put the canister upside down to dry after each use.
If you're new to water picking, I recommend starting on the lowest setting for the few times before going up. Especially if you have diseased gums. I has some bleeding the first few times but that went away. With continued use, my oral health has been much better and I'm getting cavities at a much slower rate than I've had in the past.
on April 30, 2015
Years ago I used a similar water pic cleaning machine that did not have a variable pressure control. It was too powerful for me and I only lasted for a few days before I gave it up. This Flosser WP-100 cures that over pressure problem with the variable control. I started at a low pressure and have gradually increased it over the last few weeks. This flosser does an excellent job.
on March 9, 2013
This review is in two parts. The brief version at the top is for people who want a very quick overview, and the longer version is for people who love to read and learn as much as the can someone else's experience of a product. In the longer version I will share numerous tips on how to get the most out of your Waterpik and from your dental routine in general.

- << IN BRIEF >>
To revolutionise your dental health, use a water flosser. Add in the suggestions I make below and you might be saying goodbye to your dentist. I have.

I highly recommend using a water flosser. I only have experience with the Waterpik device, but I am sure some of the other brands are just as excellent (in terms of results) if one is not currently water flossing. However, my research indicated Waterpik was the best one to get for the price.

I have used a Waterpik for a few years. I had one fault with my Waterpik in that time, and the guarantee was honoured in a timely fashion.

If you want a clean, fresh mouth and healthy gums, go for it. I am sure you'll be happy with the decision. I literally can't imagine being without one of these devices. When I travel the #1 thing I miss is my water flosser!!

- << MY FULL REVIEW AND INFORMATION >>
I have never been into flossing (with the various types of floss tape and strings, etc.) because I have ALWAYS found it would make my gums bleed. I also found it messy (splattering on the mirror when trying to get the floss unstuck from the tight clearance between some of my teeth), time consuming, and not particularly enjoyable. What's more, my mouth never felt any cleaner - - I just had to assume it was making a difference.

With the Waterpik that changes completely. My mouth feels fantastic, fresh, and clean after I use the Waterpik. My gums are noticeably healthier, even after less than a week of using it daily the results were noticeable. After less than 7 days, brushing and even traditional flossing ceased to make them bleed. My gums had receded somewhat over the years, and I can't yet say whether Water flossing has stopped or is reversing that. But they certainly feel much healthier and happier.

I like the fact the head swivels independent of the handle. This makes it easy to maneuverer around the back of the teeth and from one direction to the next (as you move from one side of the jaw to the other, or from upper to lower behind the teeth).

I see some reviews saying it comes with 8 tips. Mine came with 6, and that's what the product description says it should come with. They are: 2 Classic Jet Tip, Plaque Seeker Tip, Orthodontic Tip, Pik Pocket Tip and Toothbrush Tip.

I don't use the toothbrush tip as I have a Oral-B orbital brush. Even without that, I doubt I'd use the Waterpik brush. It's small and circular, and I think it would be a nuisance to use effectively. The various Oral-B (manual) toothbrushes (the Oral-B Pro-Health Clinical Pro-Flex  for instance) have been clinically shown to be superior to most standard brushes, so I'd go with one of those if manually brushing. I can see how the orthodontic tip would be very useful for someone with braces. A must have, I'd say. The Pik Pocket tip is great for getting in under the gum-line, especially if you want to deliver medicaments there (like herb extracts, or Periogen Deep Cleaning Tartar Dissolving Oral Rinse, etc.) I see on reviewer said it was not much use, but that's not been my experience. I have to turn the pressure down to 1 (usually I have it at 10) because it's very pointy and powerful. My gums will hurt if using the Pik Pocket tip at more than 2 or 3 pressure setting, because it really gets in there.

The other tips might be handy, although I don't use them at all. Let's just say, there are plenty of options to suit pretty much every water flossing requirement.

<< WATER RESERVOIR >>
Is plenty large enough. When filled to the top, and using the flosser on the 10 setting (which gets through the water quite quick) I have enough time to give my teeth and gums a thorough going over. If you want to use essential oils in your flosser, note that they will likely damage the plastic (see my "Warning" below).

<< NOISE >>
I've not tried any other brand of water flosser. I can say, however, that this device is not loud. I have quite sensitive hearing, and have no issues with the low amount of noise it produces.

<< MAJOR ISSUE (RESOLVED) >>
I did have one issue with this device. There is a button on the handle which is intended to stop the flow of water (temporarily, whilst depressed). After a few months the action of the button went stiff and spongey. It kind of locked in place, and water would not come out. It was quickly replaced under warranty, without question. So no complaints there, just a minor inconvenience being without my water flosser for a week or so.

<< MINOR ISSUES >>
I find the lid to be a bad design. The many tips are stored in the lid, and I think it would have been better to not do it that way. The lid knocks off easily. It also doesn't have enough slots for all the tips they provide, which seems silly. As I never use a few of the tips, I just store them elsewhere.

I also find the coil plastic hose less than optimal. It is rather short so I find I have to bend over more than I would prefer.

<< SUGGESTIONS FOR HEALTHY TEETH >>
Perhaps my favourite thing about water flossing is I can use it to delivery various goodies to my teeth and gums. For plaque reduction I suggest trying out Periogen Deep Cleaning Tartar Dissolving Oral Rinse. It will likely save you trips to the dentist. It has a money back guarantee, so there is nothing to loose. I have used it and can say it worked for my beloved and I.

Other things I add to the water, individually or in various combinations are:
- Baking soda (neutralises acids from the gums and teeth)
- Baking soda and ascorbic acid (Ratio of 1:2. Vitamin C is reported to be great for gum health. Mixing it with baking soda buffers it [brings it to a neutral pH], and makes it fizz.)
- Unrefined sea salt (1/2 teaspoon dissolved in warm water. Cleansing and a potential source of ionic minerals)
- Atomodine (recommended by Edgar Cayce for gum health) - Heritage Store Atomidine, 2 Ounce
- 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide - 35% H2o2 Hydrogen Peroxide Food Grade (for example)
- Cayenne extract (source of vitamin c, and stimulates blood circulation in the gums) - Cayenne Extract (200,000 h.u.) 1 Ounces

<< OTHER DIY DENTAL HEALTH SUGGESTIONS >>
If you are keen to take your dental health into your own hands here are a few suggestions. These are based on the research I have done into DIY dental health over the past few years.
1) If you don't already have an electric toothbrush, I HIGHLY recommend it. The one I am using is a Oral-B Professional 5000 (made by Braun). As far as I can tell, ANY model of Oral-B electric toothbrush will be an oral hygiene revolution for someone who brushes manually. Each model up in the line simply adds more bells and whistles. Buy whichever model you can afford. I've gone from being a resistant once or twice a day brusher, to an enthusiastic 3x a day brusher. I almost can't get enough of it!! As a said... a revolution. See my Oral-B Professional 5000 review for more details.

2) If you're super serous about DIY dental health (and relatively competent), I recommend spending $30 on a basic dental tool kit such as this: Dental Tartar Scraper and Remover Set, SS. With the mirror and pick you can keep an eye on the your teeth and check on cavities (whether the are appearing, disappearing, or staying as is). The plaque scrapper is great for clearing away any plaque that is resistant to the water flosser and brushing (especially around the gum line, which is where it typically builds up).

3) Dr John Christopher's Herbal Tooth+Gum Powder is wonderful. I brush with it once a day, and use various other substances the other two times a day. It makes the mouth and gums feel amazing. My partner and I love it.

<< WARNINGS >>
If you're heavily into DIY health routines, you may be tempted to put essential oils into the water. For instance, I know many people who love to use Thieve's Oil as part of the dental routine. Be warned that many essential oils (especially Thieves Essential Oil) will damage the plastic of the water holder, and may also damage the plastics elsewhere in the device.

Oregano, cinnamon, and clove oil will all do this. All three are great for dental health, but not via the Waterpik.

<<< CONCLUSION >>>
In conclusion please start water flossing. With this brand or another, just go for it. I am certain most people will just love water flossing. For me it has been revolutionary. Waterpik seems like a great brand based on my experience and what I have read.

Despite the few minor ways it could be improved, I happily give this product a full 5 STARS *****

I wish you all the best of health,

Jonathan Evatt
- Traditional Naturopath, health consultant, and award-winning author of Peace, Power, and Presence.
on October 1, 2016
I've owned this since 2011 and it is still going strong. I expect it to continue working for many more years.

All the dentists I've seen have recommended using a Waterpik. Here are some tips as a long time Waterpik user.

1. Make sure the jet of water does not hit your gums. Meaning, make sure that the Waterpik is perpendicular to your teeth so that it goes THROUGH the gap between your teeth.

2. Add some mouthwash to the water to freshen up the taste of the water. I use the cheap Costco brand.

3. Clean it often. And when done using it, detach the tip from the handle. This will help minimize the growth of mold.

4. Start at a low power setting, then gradually increase the power of the water stream. I started at 5 but now I have it set to the maximum power.

Also, make sure that using the Waterpik is not a replacement for regular flossing. You need to do both.
on January 21, 2015
I can't believe it took me so long to review this, considering I purchased it well over 2 years ago. I purchased this for the man of the house since he supposedly has/had (does it ever go away?) periodontal disease. Long story short, I am the one who has ended up using it the most. Yes, it's a little messy and requires a bit of a laborious routine, but I think it's well worth it.

My routine: I primarily use only one attachment (what I call the main one without a brush), and sometimes the pic-pocket. I fill the reservoir to the top with warm water (sensitive teeth), sometimes add some mouthwash (instructions tell you what you should avoid) and use on a setting between 4-5. Note: I used to use this at full steam (10), but read somewhere that it's not necessarily good for gums to do so. Now whether that's true or not is debatable, but I lowered it and over time, never really noticed. I think it's just as effective on the lower setting, but that's obviously a personal preference. Once the reservoir is empty, I shut it off, rinse and dry attachment, handle and reservoir. I do clean with vinegar periodically as well.

For me this dislodges more debris than regular flossing. Try flossing and then using this, and you will be surprised how much you missed. Also, I have had a lot of dental work (an implant and a few crowns), not to mention pocketing, so this is ideal for someone in a similar situation. It is fast and gets every last bit of stuff out. I still floss, although not as much, and I also use an electric toothbrush. All of these things in conjunction make a difference.

Within the last 6 months, I noticed that a leak had developed where the handle meets coiled tube. Consequently the pressure was affected, not to mention it was dripping badly. Tried tape as a temporary fix, but that didn't cut it. As I was lurking about here on Amazon, checking out the prices of a replacement, I noticed that someone had mentioned a 3 year warranty. I promptly marched (and I mean marched..lol) up to the attic where I knew I still had the original box (yeah, don't ask). Sure enough, it mentioned a 3 year warranty. I got on the phone with Waterpik and had a new handle assembly within a week. So if this happens to you, and more than likely it will, make sure you contact the company before doing anything else. Because I had purchased mine here on Amazon, I still had all of the pertinent information available; date of purchase, etc. All of the other info you need is found on the underside of the unit. And even if you don't have all the information, I believe you can purchase most parts through them (with codes for discounts) at a nominal rate. Replacement was very easy (only involves removing a couple of small screws from under the base), and I was back in business in no time.

After seeing some of the (shocking) customer photos of mold buildup in the handle, which frankly never occurred to me, I am glad I replaced mine. Even if you are out of warranty, the cost to replace the entire handle, including the coiled tube, is pretty cheap. Note to self and others, go directly to the Waterpik website for the best price. So there you have it. I hope this helps!
on July 8, 2017
ok - I'm not a dentist, but here's the deal - this product is awesome but DOES NOT replace flossing. Since we eat so much sugar, we require the full Monty in taking care of our teeth. Brush, then floss and then us this thing to finish off removing food particles flossing didn't get. You need to floss ( the right way, pulling to create a curve on the tooth ) to break up the plaque; removing food particles is secondary benefit of flossing, it won't remove everything. Waterpik finishes you off removing ALL food particles, but it will not break up the plaque enough - need hard friction from flossing to pull that off. Do all 3 and the dental hygienist will get bored with you quick, which is a marvelous outcome!

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.