Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Weekly One ft Nina Nesbitt Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 118 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 153 reviews
on November 6, 2016
Excellent CD warning this is the Warner Brothers issue from 1977 not the Rhino remaster don't get fooled I gave this CD 5 stars because it's excellent sound qualities well from 77 there you go wish it was remastered don't be fooled but again exclamation thanks for reading peace
on February 12, 2015
The Best of Arlo Guthrie contains the following songs.

Side 1:
1. Alice's Restaurant Massacree (18+ minutes)
2. Gabriel's Mother's Hiway Ballad #16 Blues

3. Last Train
4. City of New Orleans
5. Darkest Hour
6. Last to Leave

This is absolutely wonderful stuff. It contains the complete "Alice's Restaurant" plus eight other songs. One of my favorite records.
on December 20, 2015
Maybe I've outgrown Arlo's humor (or maybe it's because I'm not high) but I find this compilation disappointing. I found the "Motorcycle Song" particularly annoying and jumped to the next track after only a few minutes. It's not the original version but somehow I don't think that would make much difference. Neither "Coming into LA" nor "City of New Orleans" sounded like the originals. Maybe it's because I haven't heard them in a long time.
I remember liking a song from one of the many AG albums I had called (I think) "Reuben Clamso" thinking it was a pretty silly but funny song (chorus: "Clamso, boys, Clamso!"). Sadly I'd probably find that annoying as well. Maybe I've just grown up.
I think they could have found better songs and made this a much better collection.
on June 24, 2017
Bought this mainly for the City of New Orleans. Most of the other songs did not hold up as well.
on July 4, 2017
Arlo's best, to say the least
on September 7, 2017
Great
on March 26, 2017
Great CD
on March 19, 2017
HAD TO HAVE "Alice's Restaurant." So worth it! Lots of fun.
on January 21, 2017
Bought this for Alice's Restaurant and City of New Orleans which are favorites. Hadn't heard a couple of the other songs and was surprised they were considered "best of's." The sound was clear and crisp, however, and we took off on our last trip singing along with Arlo.
on June 23, 2013
I bought this album for the song, "The City of New Orleans", which was meaningful from the first time that I heard it. It poignantly portrays a vanishing age of railroading that I have lived through.

I also enjoyed the "Alice's Restaurant" song, about an actual event in Arlo's life, recounted in the film by that name.
As most Guthrie fans know, Arlo's father died of an inherited disease which Arlo had a 50% chance of getting. Fortunately for Arlo, he missed this deadly arrow, and he has continued in Woody's tradition. For me, listening to Arlo is a celebration of life.