Workplace Solutions Best Kids' Books of the Year Amazon Fashion nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Electronics Holiday Gift Guide Starting at $39.99 Subscribe & Save Gifts for Him Get up to $100 back on House Cleaning services RestaurantPV RestaurantPV RestaurantPV  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis Metallica Shop Outdoor Deals on Amazon

Showing 1-10 of 41 reviews(verified purchases). Show all reviews
on January 14, 2013
This grip is actually a great product - don't let the ~$50 price tag throw you off. I ordered two for my wife and I's A77s and it has turned out to be a great addition to our kit. We have large lenses (Z24-70 and 70-200G) and this grip provides a great deal of balance.

As far as quality goes I'm sure the Sony product "may" be of a higher quality build but honestly these are of a high quality in their own right. This grip has every button that the Sony grip does and so far both grips we've ordered function fine. The plastic texture is exactly what the A77 has on it and the grip part itself has a rubber area just like the A77 body. The only thing I'd ping them on are the button actions. The shutter button has a noticeable click when pushing in comparison to the A77s soft shutter button. Also, the little navigator knob on the grip feels a little cheap but it functions just fine.

I'd say if you're looking at the Sony grip and wincing at the price get this instead and pocket the $250 bucks. For nearly 1/6th the price this grip is a steal.
on December 3, 2013
Having just purchased an A77 from Amazon I wanted to get the vertical grip for it. But considering the fact I already have a genuine Sony grip for my A700 and don't use it that often I balked at the $300 price tag. I remembered seeing some "off brand" grips for significantly less so I started researching reviews on Amazon. The reviews were so overwhelmingly positive that I decided to "take the plunge" (as stated from another reviewer). I would have to say that the positive reviews are accurate. After having just received the "off brand" grip my initial impressions are that it is... almost an exact match for the genuine Sony grip. The most significant difference I have noticed so far is that the front finger dial and the rear thumb dial are NOT rubberized like on the A77 or the genuine Sony grip. This may be an issue for some, maybe with gloves on or if your hands are cold or like myself you have less tactility in your skin as you have aged and your sense of touch is not what it used to be, the dials feel a little slippery to me and I have to consciously make sure they are turning. All the function buttons work, everything lines up, the rubbery part of the grip feels to be the same material as is on the camera. the "speckled" finish is exactly as on the camera. If this grip holds up under the occasional use (mostly while doing video and using two batteries) that I will subject it to I would have to consider it a great buy. One other observation. As far as I can tell all of the various "off brand" Sony vertical grips appear to the SAME UNIT with just different branding so pick the one (on Amazon of course) that is priced lowest. for only about 1/6th the cost of the Genuine Sony grip, I consider it a "no brainer" purchase.
on June 25, 2013
Even though this is a third party, made in china, vertical battery grip for a sony a77 the product works wonderfully! I love that it matches my camera spot on and has the extra buttons on the back to make life easier when shooting in portrait mode. Definitely worth the investment.
on January 30, 2014
Purchased this grip along with my Sony SLT-A77 camera, have had grips on my cameras in the past and love using them. Package arrived on time as usual with Amazon. I was excited to use my new camera and grip. I was sorely disappointed to see that this grip would not attach to the camera properly no matter how I tried. There was always a gap between the camera body and grip. Checked and rechecked several times, but it would not fit properly, I may have just gotten a bad grip, so I sent it back and will decide which other manufacturers to purchase from, not going to chance another grip from this company.
on February 21, 2013
Excellent battery grip. The price was amazing. I actually like the rubberized buttons on the grip better than the camera. The front control wheel is a bit stiff and can be difficult to use but I suspect it was just the copy I bought. Save yourself a bunch of money. Get this grip... Don't give Sony all your money for their grip. They are identical except for the a logo. No seriously, the same exact thing. Hope this helps you decide.
on December 15, 2013
After having used this grip for two Christmas presentations at church, I have to say that I am really happy with it. Not having seen or touched the real Sony version, I can't speak to the differences, but this cheaper model does everything I want. No more awkward holding of the A77 to get the "portrait" orientation. Plus, with the A77 viewfinder displaying the level indicator, the number of shots that I have to rotate a few degrees and crop has gone way down. The camera recognizes both batteries in the grip, and automatically swaps to the second when the first is exhausted. In order to figure out how the grip is supposed to work (no included instructions other than how to install it), I downloaded the manual for the Sony grip. This one works just like the Sony.
on September 13, 2014
I cringed at paying $300 (!) for a Sony grip, so after reading the (mostly) positive reviews I decided that I would ‘save’ $250 and buy this knock-off.

Here’s my honest appraisal; I own a Minolta Maxxum 7 & 600si, both with Minolta grips – so I know how a proper SLR grip should fit and function. The Neewer grip is exactly what you would expect from a made-in-China counterfeit…….. technically it functions (i.e. the buttons work) but the fit and form leave something to be desired. It’s not just that there is a 1/8” gap between the camera base and the grip, the real problem is the grip does not snug-up to the camera base in order to hold the camera firmly and securely like a proper grip should. There are two pins on the grip that should mate to two holes in the base of the camera – this does not happen with the Neewer grip because it will not tighten up to the camera base. No, the camera is not going to fall off, but this design IMHO puts extra strain on the battery compartment, door and tripod mount. In a proper design, the tripod mount (screw) should only function to secure the camera to a tripod plate (which covers a large area of the camera base and serves as the actual camera support) but with the Neewer grip, the entire weight of the camera is supported ONLY by the tripod screw. IMHO this strains the plastic piece that goes into the camera battery compartment.

I use heavy glass (3lb typically) and therefore this is enough of a concern to me that I will NOT use this grip on my a700 mkII. If you are using lightweight kit lenses this may not be a concern to you, but as for me -> I will eventually pay the $300 for the Sony version…. albeit begrudgingly because the Sony is way overpriced. But then, that’s pretty much a given for all Sony accessories.

Bottom line – yeah it’s cheap, yes it will function, no I won’t use it on my camera because I won’t chance potentially damaging an $1100 camera just to ‘save’ $250. I will go without a grip before I will use this on my expensive camera.
on May 8, 2013
This vertical grip works great! You can not go wrong with this buy.
Buttons work great, you can easily push them. It feels really well in your hand. Compared it to my friends Sony Brand vertical grip, and they are almost identical. Material matches the camera body pretty good. The shutter button is a little sensitive, but focus good. Highly recommend it for those on a budget
on May 25, 2013
works pretty fine, battery lid has little gap which doesn't effect any daily usage. Take the price as a consideration, it is fairly a good deal
on September 24, 2014
Use it everyday and love it. Cheaper than the Sony, but a little slower. I like to take my time, so doesn't bother me, I noticed that if the on off switch is in the on position it'll drain your batteries faster even if your not using it. I just keep it in off until I go into portrait mode. It's all plastic but good strong plastic, the grips are nice, had it for about two years and there not falling off. The only problem I had was when I installed it on of the terminals came off inside the camera, I had to carefully pull it out and resoder the wire back and install the terminal back, but it might have been something I did. It's a good replacement for the pricy Sony one.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.