Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Little FIres Everywhere Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 403 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 430 reviews
on August 30, 2015
Most of you are probably wondering why I only gave this 2 stars.....The meter is actually accurate and determined my soil was to alkaline and can measure whether you should water an area of your lawn or not very well. However.....I've owned two of these and both (different models, but all the same bottom aluminum tips and most likely made by the same manufacturer in China) came out when pulling the unit out of fairly loose and damp soil. My advice is either only use this when your soil is very wet otherwise the tip WILL fall off of one or both ends. I do have a simple solution that has fixed this. When you get the tester, pull out both tips and put a dab of super glue in the plastic holder and around the end where it is attached (a super glue with a brush applicator works best) This has kept my third (and hopefully last) tester from losing the ends. The manufacturer of this product should take note and do this in the factory as the ends are very loose to begin with. The super glue doesn't affect the reading or accuracy if you're careful when applying it. Make sure you always rinse the stakes after using it and wipe any dirt off with a towel and dry it off. The tester can corrode easily and if it does, it won't work correctly. Overall, worth the money...just make sure you have some super glue on hand when it arrives:)
on December 30, 2013
Checked the pH against some known reagents I had on hand and it is just fine for checking soil pH
on November 27, 2012
I am not having the inaccuracy issues that others are describing but then I know how to use this type of meter. The package that it comes in does not have the best directions. I have a similar meter I bought from my local ace hardware and the directions that it has states that you should remove about an inch or two of the soil where you want to stick it in and then only stick it down to about 2 or 3 inches deep. When I do it this way it comes very close to the results I get with paper test strips.
on April 4, 2015
I bought this in August 2014 and I use it mainly for testing the moist level of the soil and it works just fine. The first time I tried the PH meter I noticed that the needle barely moved and I thought that the PH level of my soil is really high. The second time I used the PH meter in first week of April 2015, I decided to do further testing instead of just relying on what it reads. The first test I tried was to submerged the probe in a R.O. filtered water. The ECO Testr PH2 that I use regularly to monitor the PH level of my water reads 6.9, the NEEWER 3in1 barely moved from 8. The second test I tried was poking the probes directly on an orange fruit, (PH level of orange is somewhere between low 2.9 to high 4.0), this time the needle moved away from 8 but barely passed the 7. Third test I tried, I squeezed the same orange fruit in a half glass of water and mixed thoroughly, the ECO testr PH2 reads about 3.9, NEEWER 3in1 still reads around 7. Last test I tried, I put about a cup of soil in a small container then poured the mixed water and orange on it but the Neewer 3in1 barely moved away from 8. I am not sure if I have a defective unit or the PH meter of this unit is really useless. If you are only going to use this for measuring soil moisture then you will be OK, other than that maybe try something else.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 9, 2015
Don't buy this piece of garbage no matter how cheap it is. It is supposed to do 3 things and it dosent do any of them correctly. I cant even use it as a paper weight, too awkward with these useless probes sticking out. First off I stuck it in a plant I hadnt watered in a few days, it read 3 (needed watering). So i watered it and made sure i got plenty of run off and watered it real good, it read 3 said it needed watering. I figured i must have dry pockets so i probed it again and again and it read 3 every time still. Then I stuck it in a glass of water, It said 3 I needed to water that too. I mainly got it for the light meter so I checked that and it either reads 2000 (?) or 0. I stick it directly under a 1000 watter it reads 2000. I stick it under a 40 watt light bulb, it reads 2000. useless for me, straight to the garbage. PH meter might have worked, I doubt it though. Wouldn't trust it anyway.
on October 27, 2016
Yes! Stop overwatering or underwatering. I check key plants to verify how effective my watering system is, particularly her in Southern California during the summer. It measures Moisture, Light, and pH. No batteries required,, simply wipe the probes off and place them into the plant soil at whatever depth you choose. Most websites suggest monitoring the top several inches, depends on the plants. I like to measure my citrus plants closer to the root ball, as all are in planters. Without knowing what the moisture level is for the plants I would have killed them with overwatering on some and underwatering on others. Get one.
on June 19, 2016
Great for using to test your soil especially when planting new plants or annuals as each plant has a pH range soil it likes. Some plants not picky, but some are, so this is a good tool you can use over and over again without having to resort to expensive pH test strips. Also can use to check soil over time for needed adjustments.
I don't use it much for the moisture reading, but you could if you want to go deeper than the top soil. That might be especially helpful for potted plants or to check if your sprinklers are putting out enough water to a plant down deep.
I don't use the light function at all so can't comment on this.
Very helpful little yard device.
on March 28, 2017
I just used for the moisture indicator since one of my plants is looking bad. And as I should have suspected....I watered it too much. Tried the device in my 3 different plants and got 3 different readings.
on December 22, 2013
For the price you can not beat it! I use it routinely to decide whether my house plants need water or not. It's worth a few dollars not to have to guess anymore.
on March 1, 2016
Just like all the rest . . . it works well for moisture and light. The PH function not only does not work, but it does not actually even exist. It's nothing but a non functioning label on the dial with no associated circuitry inside. . These things are made in China and they have not changed in 20 years. Your will from time to time get a DOA one. It's worth it to return it and get a working one. They last a long time and they serve two very valuable functions.