|Item Weight||19.2 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||12.2 x 31.5 x 14.5 inches|
|Item model number||79122-01|
|Manufacturer Part Number||7912201|
|OEM Part Number||79122-01|
Bestop 79122-01 Black Sailcloth Replace-a-Top Soft Top with Clear Windows; no doors skins included for 97-02 Wrangler TJ
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Replace-a-Top™ kits include soft top fabric, side and rear DOT-approved windows, plus upper door skins (where applicable)
- Replace-a-Top™ kits require your factory bows, frames, tailgate bar; no hardware is included in kit
- Built to factory original specs to ensure proper fit over your existing factory hardware
- Uses same multilayer sailcloth fabric as Supertop NX with maximum UV resistance and shape retention, plus available in factory colors
- Two-year limited warranty
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Bestop Sailcloth Replace-a-Top Soft Top is top-of-the-line replacement kit with same-as-factory, multi-ply fabric with highest resistance to UV rays for fade-free years of use. Shows fewer waves and wrinkles than conventional top fabric, cleans more easily. Sailcloth fabric is also quieter, insulates better than standard fabric. Most kits available with or without tinted windows, with or without upper fabric half door skins. Kits without door skins use your factory full steel hard doors. Must have original factory frames, bows and hardware in good condition to install this soft top. 2-year Limited Warranty.
From the manufacturer
Bestop began in Boulder, Colorado in 1954 inside Tom Bradley’s small upholstery shop where he started making Jeep tops from canvas and whatever else he could find. What Tom began 60 years ago is now Bestop, Inc. , the world’s largest manufacturer of soft tops and fabric accessories for Jeep vehicles, and sole supplier of factory soft tops on all Jeep Wranglers since 1986. Winner of numerous design and innovation awards from Chrysler/Jeep, Bestop offers the finest replacement soft tops for Jeep and other SUV’s, plus a host of related fabric accessories and enthusiast-oriented products for both on or off-road use. Sixty years later, Bestop is still in Colorado and still striving to be the best in everything we make.
2-Year Limited Warranty
The Bestop Sailcloth Replace-A-Top
Premium-grade Sailcloth for a quieter ride
- The tough, multi-py, premium-grade fabric dramatically reduces outside noise and enhances insulation for a more comfortable ride
- Kit includes Soft Top, Windows and optional door skins
- Optional 31% tinted window feature for customized look on most models
- Heat-sealed 30-mil DOT-approved vinyl windows meet U.S. and European regulations
- Door skins attach by hook-and-loop over factory original door frames for easy installation where applicable
Top customer reviews
Bestop advertises this top as being 50% quieter than the factory original. I'm not sure how to measure that but I can say that it is significantly quieter. Now, I can enjoy my music again and talk to passengers without shouting. I can even hear myself whistling along to the music in my head.
The installation instructions were accurate and readable. I had help with the install but it would have been easy to do alone. It took two of us less than an hour. The fit was perfect and the finished product looks as good or better than the original. You can feel the extra thickness of the material. All the zippers, velcro, and snaps worked flawlessly. In short, this is an exact fit replacement and significant improvement over the original.
The top came packed in a tight fitting sleeve box around the Bestop factory box. Not the usual Amazon shoddy packaging.
I recommend this top to anyone who needs a replacement of their current top.
There are several areas in the back window where the window was bunched to sew the zipper to it and there are wrinkles in the window in these areas. The snaps that snap the top to the rear bow are not spaced properly and required a ton of force to make them snap. The sail panels seem like they are are too wide there are wrinkles and loose places in both as if there is excess fabric.
This second top is better than the first which had major defects in the fabric which seemed like it got snagged on the sewing machine and torn. The bunching of the zipper/rear window was so severe the zipper actually broke as I was unzipping it to box it up for return.
It seems like quality control got fired at Bestop or perhaps they have outsourced the manufacturing or something. This is not nearly the quality of top I purchased 7 years ago. When this one wears out which I feel will be much sooner than the last, I will pursue other options.