Bubble Witch Saga 3 BCA Month Beauty Fall Reading Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis South Park Shop Now HTL17_gno

on August 6, 2015
 "How do you get the most benefit from all seventeen Rules to Live By? Easy. Just remember that all of us have a pretty large collection of bad habits that weaken our chance to succeed in life. Each of the rules you will learn will help you to get rid of a bad habit by replacing it with a good one. That's your key to a better life...

The plan is simple, but it's all up to you. Persist, give it a fair chance, and soon you will discover that many of your old bad habits that have been holding you back are gradually being replaced by good habits, life-changing habits. What to do then? Share what you have learned, just as I have shared myself, and my life, with you.

Only then will you realize what success and a better way to live truly means."

~ Og Mandino from A Better Way to Live

Og Mandino was the most popular inspirational writer of his era (essentially the 70s and 80s). At the time he published this book, his 14 books had sold 25 million copies in 18 languages.

But Og wasn't always Mr. Inspiring.

In fact, at one point he was a 35 year-old drunk derelict contemplating using his last 20 bucks to buy a gun to kill himself.

In this book, he shares his personal story of redemption and the 17 rules he followed to create a better way to live.

He's an AMAZING writer--kinda reminds me of Paulo Coelho in his simple, unpretentious yet captivating style--and this little book brought me to inspired tears several times. It's packed with wisdom.

I'm excited to share some of my favorite Big Ideas:

The 17 Rules - To live by.
Air-Castles - Need foundations.
Count Your Blessings - Is rule #1.
Going the Extra Mile - Is rule #2.
Dead at Midnight - How would you live?

Here's to embracing the exhilarating hero's journey that is our lives as we embrace a better way to live!

To find 250+ more reviews visit http://bit.ly/BrianReviews
on May 27, 2014
Better Way to Live is really a great little keepsake. I am a big fan of Og Mandino and can honestly say that I have never read one of his books that can be categorized as bad.
Og Mandino was able to tell his own story in a manner that was captivating and the 17 rules to live by are rules and life lessons that I will continue to practice to make myself a better man, father, professional and overall person.

Great value! Great addition to my collection!! this little book is a must read for anyone that is feeling down, thinking that life has nothing in store for them. Everyday births a new day with unknowns, sometimes positive and some we perceive as negative but the negatives are in place just to strengthen and prepare you for your intended future.. Stay strong and never ever give up!!!
on September 14, 2016
I am an Og Mandino fan, through and through. What I really enjoyed about this book is how much of Og's personal life the reader gets to 'see'.

This is an ideal read for anyone struggling with life, second guessing their own ability to achieve their dreams & goals.
Og Mandino was one of the finest writers of self-help books ever. In this one, like the others, he uses parables to help the reader understand that we all have choices in life. What we get out of life is what we put into it. Mr. Mandino wrote dozens of books, each one as moving as this one. You can't help from becoming a better person after reading this book, or any of his others. His death came way too early and he will be sorely missed.
on January 4, 2017
A quick read. It included a lot of personal information about the author. The "rules" listed are concise, but this certainly seemed like an overview of his ideas. There were much more of his personal experiences told, rather than more depth to his ideas. It felt like a starter session, rather than something with any meat to it.
on April 17, 2017
Nice read!
on December 22, 2014
My first Og Mandino was "Worlds greatest salesman." Which has really helped me through some tough times. So of course I wanted to read more. I love how Og tries to let you know all about him so that way the reader can relate.
A sad thing happened to me, my car was broken into and my purse stolen and this book was in my purse. I hope the criminal read the book haha. Anyway, a week later someone turned in my purse, with my money missing of course, and my book was still in there!!
Ah the little things in life.
on June 8, 2015
For a long time, books outlining ways to be successful, were big best sellers. Names like If Mandino, Clement Stone, Zig Ziegler, Robert Schuller, and especially Norman Vincent Peake were especially popular. When I am feeling unsuccessful, I read these books. This particular title contains parts of Mandino's personal diary for the years of his Scotts. That is approximately my own age, and the man lived life the way I would like to live it.
on September 7, 2016
We love all of Og Mandino's books, this one included!! All of his books get important life skills and points across, yet laid out in a story format. They are easy to read and understand. We even read them to our 9 year old son!
on December 29, 2014
In the midst of our fast paced world filled with schedules and deadlines, there truly is a better way to live. Living inside our personal purpose and overall purpose of serving others brings the joy in life .... And this is truly what we are all seeking. Og puts his own life story on display to demonstrate the transformational power of " A Better Way to Live"