Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands forum

Better than Kiss Me Goodbye

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 5, 2009, 7:11:53 PM PST
In 1982, I saw Kiss Me Goodbye which is apparently based on this book. It's way tamer than the book. But it is interesting that Jolly taught Rupert how to be the husband that Kay needs yet Vadinho just seduces Flor and they both keep Teadoro in the dark. Also, unlike the reviews, I didn't get the impression that Teadoro was lousy in bed but that he was way too scheduled about when and how but that he was "gifted" anatomically.

Did you think the story made sense...that Teodoro would think that after 7 years of marriage to Vadinho, Flor would still be modest in that one department and not willing to give in to his way of things a la Tavinha? Or that Flor wouldn't lead him forward a bit more to where he can be comfortable being what she needs?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Jan 5, 2009
Latest post:  Jan 5, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

This discussion is about
Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands
Dona Flor and Her Two Husbands by Jorge Amado (Paperback)
4.0 out of 5 stars (40)