Amazon Vehicles Beauty Return your textbook rentals STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB DG Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Book House Cleaning twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2 twinpeaksv2  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 57 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 63 reviews
on January 25, 2016
I had first checked out this book of healthy slow cooker recipes from my local library. I had so much success with the recipes that I kept checking the book out to the point where I had exhausted all options. I was silly not to have purchased it much earlier. Many delicious meals have dresulted from this book.
on May 15, 2017
My Mother is a slow cooker fanatic, she has 14 I think now at last count, and loves them all as she entertains frequently (She even keeps dinner rolls warm in a slow cooker). The new addition is a casserole slow cooker! And for Mothers Day she wanted a cookbook that gave her some new receipies. She was delighted with this book, the quality, variety of receipies and the photography was really well done. Good quality book all the way around. Mom is 77, and she said she'd like to start at the beginning and try ALL the receipies in the book! So great to have found a gift she will use and enjoy! Thank you!
on December 28, 2016
I was quite pleased when I received this today. The recipes are easy to follow and the pictures will make your mouth water! I can hardly wait to start making each and every recipe in this book! Definitely a must for those with slow-cookers. It includes recipes for slow-cookers and more.
review image
on January 30, 2012
By the title of the book, one would assume that the manual is full of slow cooker recipes. However there really are more oven baked casserole type recipes. If you are looking for a slow cooker only recipe book this one is not it.

The recipes contained have very easy to find and everyday type ingredients. You may be able to cook them with what you already have on your shelf and in your freezer at home. As always Betty Crocker gives you several hearty and heart warming dishes.
on May 6, 2017
Lots of recipies I am not likely to try. Too many recipies not meant for slow cooker. Generally OK book.
on April 18, 2017
The book was okay, but there aren't a lot of useable slow cooker recipes for my taste. I like plain food, not a lot of spices, chilies, etc. It seems there are as many "casseroles & more" as slow cooker. I'll find someone to give it to.
on March 12, 2017
USD FOR A WEDDING GIFT VERY NICE
on October 3, 2016
Slow cooker recipes mixed with casseroles.
There is a list in the contents that has them itemized though.
on July 3, 2011
I own 100's of cookbooks. It's been a long time since I bought one that I enjoyed as much as this.
Have made many of the recipes and they've all been winners!
on January 30, 2014
This is not just a basics slow-cookery book, although those are covered in the introductory pages. Each recipe has a "prep" section listing its ingredients, a nutritional analysis per serving, time to prep & cook, easy to follow instructions, and a drool-worthy picture. There are no brand label ingredients, but some recipes call for common pantry items such as frozen veggies, canned broth, salsa, etc.
A number of yummy recipes forgo the slow cooker because it's better to bake food like potatoes or squash in the oven, and some of the desserts are better suited for the oven for the same reason. I believe B.C. included those recipes to augment the slow cooker ones and present a well-rounded approach.
I would read through the prep sidebar and tailor my shopping list for the next week or so to avoid missing a key ingredient. Maybe buy an extra for the next time I want to make that recipe!
Every B.C. cookbook I've owned in the past 37 years (plus my Mom's from 1955) have been the best value and the most heavily used cookbooks in my extensive collection.
Also, the front and back covers have deep flaps to help keep the book open to the right page. Nice feature!