Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning masterpiece masterpiece masterpiece  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 15 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 22 reviews
Nice looking book with large colorful photos of every recipe. The only problem is the photos don't look anything like the finished recipe. For instance, I could tell by looking at the photo of one recipe that the skin had been left on whole chicken pieces but the recipe said to use boneless, skinless chicken thighs. I went ahead and followed the recipe exactly and instead of having something that looked like over roasted chicken, I ended up with bland poached chicken because the sauce was too much liquid and the chicken ended up just poaching in it. In other recipes, the chicken ends up tough and bland and the sauces and glazes never look like they do in the photos.

We tried about half a dozen recipes and were not impressed with any of them. In fact, my husband asked for me NOT to prepare those recipes again. It takes a lot to get a thumbs down from my husband because he generally eats anything! I wouldn't buy this book again nor would I recommend it to a friend. In fact, my copy is headed to the Goodwill.
on September 17, 2016
I bought this cook book and LOVE, seriously the best chicken cook book ever so I bought 3 more for gifts and I hope they all love theirs too.
on March 8, 2016
Very disappointing book. So many recipes call for processed dressings, sauces etc. The Readers Digest Great Chicken Cookbook is far more helpful with good truly homemade recipes.
on March 16, 2006
As a wife and mother of three small children, I can't spend a lot of time in the kitchen; just too much else to do, so I appreciate these recipes: varied, simple, and TIME-SAVING! I also like that there are pics for each recipe so you can have an idea as to what the finished product should look like. (wink) So far everyone's favorite has been Chicken with Garlic Bread Crumbs (pgs 78 and 79), but I'm still having so much fun trying out the recipes! This cookbook is definitely worth every cent spent!
on January 31, 2013
You can't go wrong with anything Betty Crocker, when it comes to cook books. A lot of easy to make and very enjoyable choices for chicken. Nothing fancy, just good down home cooking.
on February 14, 2014
I've cooked several different recipes from this book and I haven't been disappointed yet. Would definitely recommend this to anyone whose culinary journey is just beginning.
on December 13, 2012
There are quite a few recipes that I have enjoyed making. Some of the receipes are not to my taste, buy that doesn't mean someone else wouldn't find them terrific. I especially li8ke the ease of preparation
on December 7, 2015
easy
on February 2, 2007
This cookbook is exceptional in terms of variety in recipes and full-page photos. I always prefer illustrated cookbooks...as it helps inspire me for meal planning. The format and layout are very clean and easy to read/understand. Highly recommend to anyone looking for a chicken-specific cookbook.
on April 22, 2015