BCA Month Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Dirty Heads $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale raydonovanfinale  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on July 15, 2014
This is a fun show with a bit more detail than you get in face off and it's definitely interesting to see how creatures come to life I will defiantly watch more of this
on March 12, 2014
Monster man is COOL, I don't care what anybody else says, from experience that's hard work. For people that do not like the show they don't know what they are talking about, WE NEED MORE MONSTER MAN or shows like it. THANKS A BUNCH!
on January 23, 2014
Showed some good ideas for low budget monsters. Having effects training works.
The quality is amazing considering the amount of time that they have to do it.
I was interested in seeing what they used to seal the shark from water.
on March 9, 2014
As a visual artist and sculptor with an interest in this type of work, I love this show, and actually got it as a kind of "How To" reference...
on March 18, 2012
It seems likely that anyone considering viewing this is already a fan of 1: monsters, 2: film making, 3: watching the two come together. If this describes you then I believe you will find at least some reason to enjoy this show, as I certainly did. It is not riveting, it is not about state of the art "look what Hollywood can do now", and there is not a scripted finale, but it has some of what can make a reality show worth watching; interesting and peculiar people on their own turf shown with plenty of access.

It may be cliche in these shows to play up the "will it be done on time?" theme, yet I found it easy to play along with that. After all, at least one of the clients was a major producer in the genre, and the stress on his set seemed very genuine to me as Cleve Hall and his crew prepared their props for one shot.

This was an unplanned purchase of a show I'd never heard of, and I'd never heard of most of these people before, but there was plenty to relate to in their workplace stress, family drama and the little victories along the way. They made me smile!

On another note, I've been fortunate to have seen in person the props of many early horror films dating as far back as the first King Kong, Creature from the Black Lagoon and many more, and I certainly didn't see anything in Monster Man that made my jaw drop, but the creative process shown was informative and interesting for the most part anyway. It's kind of fun to know that there are still people doing this, and though more and more is being done in CGI, that too is just another tool and success in the theater will always depend upon people with imagination. And possibly people that drive the family around in a hearse.
on June 7, 2016
Painful to watch at times but still a good show.
on November 25, 2015
OMG what a waste of money.
on September 15, 2013
A glimpse into the dying art of special effects without the P.C. Lots of wonderful weirdness and a dose of drama!
on August 25, 2013
So incredibly interesting. I love to see how they make props for movies. I love that the family is working together. I really don't like the daughter that does these stupid childish things to get back at people when she doesn't get her way. Other than that, it's a great little show.