|Print List Price:||$12.99|
Save $10.00 (77%)
Between Heaven and Hell (Lonesome Hearts Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
|Length: 357 pages||Word Wise: Enabled||Enhanced Typesetting: Enabled|
|Page Flip: Enabled||
Matchbook Price: $0.99
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
- Similar books to Between Heaven and Hell (Lonesome Hearts Book 1)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Top Customer Reviews
The story revolves around Hannah who was taken in by natives as a child. She joins the wagon train as a scout. Paden is the leader of this group travelling west across dangerous country side, facing disease, famine and hostile natives. Their journey of love moves along at a steady pace. They both have baggage to work through and you'll be hoping for their HEA.
This is a well written novel and you'll fall in love with all the characters hoping for more.
BOTTOM LINE: Excellent story with lots of action and a strong heroine and hero with interesting supporting characters. Just needs a little more detail for the ending and less explicit with sexual encounters (less is more).
The story follows a young white woman who was raised by Indians and is now scouting for a wagon train. She's hiding on the wagon train, hoping her Indian brother won't find her. (He's vowed to kill her for causing the death of his mother and sister.) The wagon master has secrets of his own and while he's drawn to her, he doesn't want to be. While its unlikely any wagon train would have hired a female as a scout and certainly not one who's been raised by Indians, I still found the story interesting. There are several sub-plots along with the main one so there's a lot going on at any given point in the book.The characters are well developed. They have depth; flaws, hopes, dreams and regrets. I very much enjoyed reading to see what would happen next and almost hated to see it end.
Kansas - spring 1850
Hannah -Blue Sky as she was known by her adoptive Osage family is fleeing from her Osage tribe after the brutal murder of her mother Morning Star and her daughter by the white man. Looking for a new beginning she enters Fort Leavenworth and stumbles upon the wagon train bound for the West looking for a scout, she's confident that she's the right person for the job. She knows that there will be conflict and scorn towards her but the one man that makes her feel safe is Paden Callahan. She can feel the turmoil beneath the surface of this man and the connection is strong between them but will his past haunt him and his memories be a barrier to a love that's just blossoming?
Paden Callahan is fighting his demons as an ex Ranger his mission was to protect but he couldn't protect the woman that he had sworn too as her husband. Rejecting his Comanche heritage believing they were the cause of his wife's murder he swore to take vengeance. But when Hannah comes in his life running away from Eagle Feather (her Osage brother) who's sworn to kill her, he knows that he'll do everything in his power to protect the woman that has captivated his heart.
A well written story of the trials and tribulations that these people faced while travelling to the West. A journey fraught with dangers of not only the Indians but also amongst themselves . This is an epic tale of action adventure, danger and a love that has proven the hardships and struggles of Heaven and Hell. Jacqui Nelson pulls the reader in this extraordinary tale of love and redemption in the Wild West! I highly recommend Jacqui Nelsons books she will never disappoint, reading her books is a movie for the mind.
Received a copy from the author for my honest opinion.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Between Heaven and Hell is a fun read filled with suspense, action, romance, a real FarWest...Read more
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Romance > Historical > Victorian
- Books > Romance > Western
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Women's Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Westerns
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Historical Fiction > United States
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > United States > Native American
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Action & Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Romance
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Mystery, Thriller & Suspense > Mystery > Historical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Historical Romance > Victorian
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Mystery
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Mystery & Suspense > Suspense
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Romance > Westerns