Can forgiveness really erase the past and sketch a new beginning?
After losing her fiancé in an accident, Liz Ruthersford flees home and her parents’ pity to seek refuge on a remote ranch in Montana where no one knows about her tragic past. But her safe haven seems to hold troubles of its own. A surprise encounter with Rawson Law, the son of her new boss, makes her wonder if she might have to run again. The cocky cowboy seems to have it out for her, and when they are paired up to work with the young horses, he undermines her at every turn. But cowgirling up, Liz refuses to be intimidated by the handsome man who both annoys her and makes her heart pound with just one look.
Rawson Law appears as though he has it all, yet he’d give it all up for the chance to change one foolish decision five years ago that left one brother dead, another broken, and his best friend incarcerated. When he returns home to discover a strange girl has stolen not only his coveted job with the yearlings, but his status as favorite
with his family as well, he resolves to shove her out of the picture and reclaim his life. She might have hoodwinked his family, but he won’t be fooled by her sweet and innocent act.
Though Rawson and Liz fight their mutual attraction, embers of hope flicker to life as they are drawn together by work, fate, and the meddling schemes of Rawson’s younger brother—Bentley. As hearts tangle and twine, will they grasp onto second chances, or will bitter secrets from the past keep them from embracing the present and make Liz hit the highway once again?
As Liz, Rawson, and Bentley struggle to train wild horses, overcome physical limitations, and prove themselves capable of handling whatever life throws their way, they must also battle inner demons, addictions, bias, guilt, and inner rage for those who have wounded them in the past. With true love at stake, they cannot afford to fail.
This inspirational love story touches on several themes and subjects, including:
What others are saying about Between Hope & the Highway:”....a beautiful story about love, loss, redemption, and forgiveness of not only others, but most importantly, ourselves.”
- running away to escape painful memories
- searching for and finding happiness
- not being defined by mistakes or physical handicaps
- struggles of a recovering alcoholic
- the healing power of forgiveness
- second chances
- lust vs love
- repercussions of verbal abuse
- redemption which brings hope for brighter tomorrows
– Jennifer Peel, author “...an epic tale of romance, unconditional love, redemption, and the power of the human spirit to survive and transform amidst adversity.”
– Taylor Dean, author“…I don’t think I’ve cried or laughed so much while I’ve read a book in my entire life.”
– Hunt For Paperbacks blog“…Perfect blend of plot twists, sizzle, witty dialogue, and even gems of wisdom. I am so in love with this book…I think I will actually read it again—which I never do! (excepting Jane Austen’s of course)”
– Amazon CustomerCheck out the first few chapters
If you love a clean, yet sizzling cowboy romance & redemption story, scroll up & click on the LOOK INSIDE
feature to read the first 10% of this book to determine if it's a good fit for your literary palette. Happy Reading!