Enter your mobile number below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
Getting the download link through email is temporarily not available. Please check back later.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Between a Rock and a Hard Place Paperback – October 1, 2010
Best Books of the Year So Far in fiction, nonfiction, mysteries, children's books, and much more.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
About the Author
Top Customer Reviews
1) Believe God will do what He says He will do when you find yourself between a rock and a hard place. It's much easier to relax when you know God's promises and that He will fulfil what He has written in His Word. Jer 29:11
2) There is importance in continuining to Worship God during these trials. Communion is a time to put everything before the Lord and reconnect with Him. Don't miss out on this important spiritual act.
3) Mark 6 tells us that we can be in a storm but still in the Will of God. This was key for me. I know many Christian's can fall into a belief that because we honor God with our lives He will make the way smooth but this is not true.
4) The last paragraph on page 94 was eye opening as well. In the darkest hours Jesus is there, open your eyes and look for Him.
5) The key to the whole book hit me on Page 104. Dr Evans quotes Matthew 14:27 "Take courage, it is I, do not be afraid." Dr Evans says "He [Jesus] sees the internal storm, and calms them with His Word." So the next time I find myself between a rock and a hard place I will cling to this verse and know that in the midst of storm that Jesus is with me and I will not be afraid! Amen!
As Christians we are going to have problems and find outselves in difficult situations. This book really tells you how God thinks and will help you to see these trials as blessings meant to further God's kingdom. And as Christians that is all we should ever want.
I appreciate this book on several levels and plan to keep thinking and praying through the ideas presented. It has earned the right to sit on my book shelf to be revisited throughout the decisions to come in my life. After reading this book, I have several passages of the Bible that I want to spend more time studying and reaching a deeper understanding. This book, combined with Dan Miller's 48 Days to the Work You Love: Preparing for the New Normal and Zig Ziglar's ...Read more ›
Dr. Evans has a way of writing that draws the reader in. He also makes you feel he is sitting right next to you. This is an excellent book for anyone between a rock and a hard place. He really shows you how God uses these times to strengthen our faith and deepen our relationship with Him.
I would recommend this book to anyone asking themselves, "Why am I having to go through this trial?" Dr. Evans has clear answers and biblical teachings to help us understand the "why" of our situations.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Book was for my wife. She enjoyed it very much. I am looking forward to reading it soon.Published 5 months ago by Bill Simmons
Fast service. Awesome product. Would buy from seller again.Published 19 months ago by Leslie A. Alston
Love Tony Evans--he writes like he speaks--detailed yet simply understoodPublished 20 months ago by Marilyn
This book changed my view of a of a no win situation. The examples of the Bible of situations that looked impossible until you see the outcome encouraged me to review my situation. Read morePublished 21 months ago by Robert Wilson
After reading this book, life has never caught me between rock and a hard place again. Dr. Evans has taken accounts from the bible and put them into easy to understand terms. Read morePublished 24 months ago by Khaila London