- File Size: 1170 KB
- Print Length: 183 pages
- Publisher: Summer Solstice (March 15, 2016)
- Publication Date: March 15, 2016
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B01CO4611G
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #154,041 Paid in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Paid in Kindle Store)
|Print List Price:||$15.99|
Save $15.00 (94%)
Between the Vines: A memoir Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top Customer Reviews
Reviewed by Author Roy Murry
Being a wine drinker, I found the production of it, as a backdrop of a love story fascinating. The planting of embryo vines, taking them to fruition, and then developing a particular type of wine, is a love affair only a few can understand.
Ms. Sullivan’s main character, Lucia, has an Italian immigrant mother and father, whose love is captured in the way they live in producing the fruit of the vine into wine. Lucia tells her story, her memoir, of how their love for her, her brother Marco, and of their devotion in living Between the Vines.
Telling her story, she explains how her parent’s devotion helped develop her character and the decisions she made in route to maturity like the vines that were produced on their precious Vino Baci Vineyard. Like the vines’ production, Lucia’s life has difficulties that must be overcome to produce a loving conclusion within her own family.
Lucia’s trials and errors in her personal life do co-inside with her own new understanding of winemaking. Devoted to the family’s vineyard, she comes close to losing her own husband, whose allegiance is to her and to another profession that takes him away from the vineyard on long business trips.
Between the Vines has its highs and lows, but it’s mostly even keel in the story’s flow. This memoir is a well worth read on many levels, especially if you are a wine drinking romantic like me.
Set up an Amazon Giveaway
Look for similar items by category
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Biographical
- Books > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction > Contemporary Women
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Contemporary Fiction > Women's Fiction
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Genre Fiction > Biographical
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Women's Fiction