Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning Landline Landline Landline  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 148 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 176 reviews
on February 6, 2017
Beware of this Order. I ordered this movie and when it came there were 2 DVDs in the case. A friend of mine and I watched the first one. Great story...then at the end I put in the second DVD, and across the screen it said "CHAPTER III". I looked at my friend and said "Chapter III, where is Chapter II"? We immediately realized that people were missing and there were characters in this that were not in the first DVD. The WHOLE MIDDLE OF THE MOVIE WAS MISSING. THE MOVIE SUDDENLY MADE NO SENSE. It was obvious to us that there should have been 3 DVDs in this case. But there were only 2 pockets for 2 DVDs. Very strange and disappointing.
on March 17, 2015
This was a mini-series in the early '80s. Vaguely like Gone with the Wind with a different family and longer stretching time period. Was controversial at the time is was shot because it included more about the interactivity and friendships between some of the slaves and the owner family. Includes the evacuation of Atlanta, the "triage at the Atlanta train yard". Shot in authentic period plantation homes. Did fairly well with period accuracy in look and feel. Shot in Natchez, Mississippi. Enjoyable trip through the time period.

Eddie Arnold, Hope Lang, Don Johnson (early in his career), Michael Sarrazin, Paul Rudd (before he became a full time prof), Dorian Harewood, Meredith Baxter Birney, Martha Scott, Jonathan Frakes, Bibi Osterwald,Madeleine Stowe (early in her career).
Includes appearance by the Delta Queen, which people are still trying to save and preserve. A good many authentic civil war uniforms were lost during production due to extra's being sent to lunch in thunderstroms and the old thread giving out on the seams from the weight of the wet wool AND then being packed and sent back to rental company without being dried out.
on October 28, 2013
As a Civil War History Buff, I enjoyed this movie a lot. Leslie Ann Warren did an excellent job as a plantation owner, and what she went thru during these hard times. Very dramatic, action and great story. It was done with great detail, including when the Union army sacked and burned her plantation house. Highly recommend this movie. It is NOT all civil war fighting, but a great story line that keeps you wanting to watch. It was a TV Movie, and it is just as great as it was when I first watched it years ago. Buy it and enjoy!
on December 29, 2014
A very GREAT 4 hour and 40 minutes on two DVD's!! Was going to watch half and then half at a later time...........couldn't DO IT!!! Couldn't wait to see the end! I'm the same way with BOOK's, but HAVE to put them down sometimes!! Got a life to LIVE HERE!!
Again......very great quality of DVD!!

I LOVE AMAZON!!!!!
on May 7, 2014
I've watched Beulah Land 3 times already and still want to see it again. Part of the fascination is how the movie doesn't show the civil war battlefield violence, or the physical brutality of slavery except through its effects on the black and white characters who are destroyed in their own personal lives as mothers, wives, lovers, daughters, fathers, husbands. I liked the way the south becomes a presence of something dying. Its a haunting movie . There is only one happy ending, which is more a hope than a possibility.Good acting from the known and unknown actors. I've never heard better dialogue from people whose fate dangles by a string. This film doesn't show its age. They were a brave new world by necessity.
on July 20, 2017
this cd would not talk all it would show is the pictures and no sound
on December 3, 2014
Saw this years ago, when it premiered on TV. Thought it was Lesley Warrens only best performance. NEVER caught the
ending. Glad to be able to show my husband, who loves North and South.
on June 10, 2013
My husband and I liked it. We wanted to see more.
It took you back in time and showed how hard it was in those days.
They built up after all the burning and stealing. I'm sure they did not figure on help from others. Just hard work and times.
The actors were good and ones , that were still acting.
The DVD's were in good shape. Pictures and sound perfect.
on October 15, 2015
This DVD was advertised as including English subtitles which was why I ordered it but it does not have any subtitles so it is of little use to me.
on June 12, 2017
I liked it ok but the characters were not developed sufficiently and I was always trying to figure out who they were.