Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Beyerdynamic M88 TG Dynamic Microphone With Hyperc..." and save 45% off the $499.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
4 Year Asurion Musical Instrument Accident Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers drops, spills and cracks and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Free shipping on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online or by phone 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card for full replacement value.
- Coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 48 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Beyerdynamic M88 TG Dynamic Microphone With Hypercardioid Polar Pattern for Vocals, Bass Drum, and Studio
- Dynamic microphone with highly defined hypercardioid polar characteristic and sensitive, accurate response
- Extended frequency range with very soft presence boost and exceptional bass reproduction
- High gain-before-feedback
- Integrated 20 dB hum-buck coil; high SPL handling capability
- Rugged construction; includes microphone clamp and storage bag
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
It all started with the talkie: electrical engineer Eugen Beyer started his own company in Berlin in 1924 to build cinema speakers. His Elektrotechnische Fabrik Eugen Beyer laid the foundations for a world leading manufacturer of headphones, microphones and conference systems – and for today's beyerdynamic GmbH & Co. KG.
beyerdynamic M88 TG Hypercardiod Dynamic Microphone
The Legendary Mic that does it all
- One of the most versatile dynamic microphones of all time
- Vocals, Kick Drum, Amplifies, Brass, Percussion, and more
- High Gain before feedback
- Humbucking Coil
- Handmade in Germany
You pick the source, it delivers the sound
Kick Drum? Yes, with our WS59 Windscreen (sold separately)
Horns? Yes, with our WS59 Windscreen.
You can see why we consider the M88 to be the most versatile dynamic microphone on the market.
Live or in the studio, the M88TG delivers an excellent sound every time.
Still the same mic after all these years? Yes.
Besides the name, surprisingly little has changed! When it was launched in 1962, it was completely matt silver chrome-plated, had a DIN output plug and was called "BEYER M 88N".
Its shaft was then black chrome plated, there were subsequently versions with Tuchel and XLR plugs ("BEYER DYNAMIC-", later "beyerdynamic M 88N(T)" (Tuchel) and "M 88N(C)"("Cannon", the inventor of the XLR plug)).
The first TG microphone series was introduced to the market at the end of the 1980s. As part of this, the previous multi-layer, fine-meshed basket was replaced by a mechanically more stable, coarse-meshed black basket with foam pop filter – the "M 88 TG" was born.
Made to Measure in Germany
The Made in Germany quality promise applies to product development and manufacture: the designs of beyerdynamic engineers and designers in Heilbronn are then built by approximately 180 highly qualified employees in Germany – mostly by hand.
All products and key technologies are developed in Germany at the company headquarters in Heilbronn. Instead of outsourcing design assignments or purchasing finished solutions from third-party manufacturers abroad, beyerdynamic retains the know-how of its personnel in-house.
The M 88 TG by Beyerdynamic is a dynamic microphone for vocals, bass drums, and studio use, capturing emotive audio signals like no other. Incorporating a new low mass diaphragm element, the M 88 TG is perfect for the kick drum. (For this application, the use of an external popshield like PS 88 or WS 59, both sold separately, is strongly recommended). Sound engineers have found that the lightning fast transient response of the M 88 TG microphone reproduces the complex sound patterns of this instrument resulting in the tight "thump" without the need for complicated signal processing. This characteristic works equally well on other instruments especially where intricate low frequencies and their harmonics need to be captured. The M 88 TG is also impressive as a vocal microphone, for brass and windwood instruments, and in a broadcast environment. The M 88 TG is one of the most frequently specified microphones by sound engineers worldwide and heralded as a Beyerdynamic contemporary classic. Since 1924 Beyerdynamic has remained a German family owned company committed to continuous research and innovative developments for the audio market. All over the world, Beyerdynamic is known for the use of the latest technologies and a high quality standard. All Beyerdynamic products are made in Germany.