Beyerdynamic MMX300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphone
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cockpit tested audio components with impressive speech and playback qualities
- Digital premium Gaming headset.
- Sophisticated internal sound card works outside of the PC resulting in no risk of interference
- MAC and PC friendly also includes Carrying Case
- 2 year manufacturer warranty only when purchased from an authorized beyerdynamic dealer.
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The MMX 300 premium headset is in a league of its own. When gamers and multimedia fans want the highest quality in terms of sound, performance, and comfort, they turn to these high performance headphones from beyerdynamic.
New Features in a Premium Headset
But it gets even better with the latest version of the MMX 300. The audio specialists from Heilbronn, Germany, have given the premium MMX 300 a makeover and optimized numerous features. Decorative rings and yokes made of black anodized aluminum along with black velour ear pads add still more professional touches to the ear cups' sleek carbon design. You can tell just by looking--this headset is a born winner.
The new headband was designed by beyerdynamic's expert development team. The push-buttons on the top make it simple to clean and easy to replace. The 2.5 meter connection cable is made of rugged polyurethane material. It lies smoothly without getting tangled, and can handle even rough treatment--such as when the wire ends up under the wheels of a desk chair in the heat of an online battle.
The professional screw-locking jack plugs and a 3.5 to 6.35 mm jack socket adapter mean that you can use this high-end headset anywhere. Symbols and the colored insulating rings on the microphone and headphone jack plugs make it easier to connect them to your PC.
High Performance Audio with Closed Earcups for Passive Noise Isolation
The new model features the same amazing sound quality as the previous version. Essentially, the MMX 300 combines the qualities of hi-fi headphones with cockpit-tested headsets developed for private aviation. For example, the European Space Agency (ESA) uses the MMX 300's professional equivalent, the HS 800 Digital, to train astronauts. The closed design reduces ambient noise by 18 decibels. This high level of noise attenuation is an invaluable advantage at LAN parties.
Included Travel Case
Take the MMX 300 premium headset with you wherever you go in the included transport bag. The sturdy nylon carry and storage case makes the MMX 300 the perfect travel companion.
High Fidelity Condenser Microphone
The MMX 300 features a condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern for extraordinarily effective noise compensation. It reliably cancels out interfering outside noise so the people you're talking to only hear what you want them to. At the same time, the sound quality is so high that the microphone capsule is technically suitable for recording music.
With these updates, the MMX 300 will continue to set the standard for multimedia headsets--whether for gaming, skyping on your PC, or for relaxed music sessions.
Top Customer Reviews
- Overall: Best sounding gaming headset you can buy. I essentially bought these because I didn't want to have to change headsets when I wanted to game, watch a movie, or listen to music on my home computer. I wanted something that would serve all of those purposes. What I didn't need: something small, something easy to travel with, and something with a detachable mic. I couldn't have asked for a better sounding headset (shouldn't even really call it a gaming headset as it doesn't sound like one).
- For gamers: I am a big COD/Battlefield fan, and these headsets are so amazing it is hard to put it into words. In COD:Black Ops, I can hear the direction of any enemy making noise. For example, if someone tries to creep up on me from behind, I can hear not only that they are behind me, but I can hear whether the footsteps are coming from directly behind me, slightly to the left, or slightly to the right. It is so good, that I have had people accuse me of hacking just because they can't hear it as well on their headsets even when cranked up.
- Also for gamers: You will be able to hear the quality (or lack thereof) in every game you play. The cheap sounding effects will sound cheap while the great sounds will sound fantastic! This is truly a plus because some games have such great sound-work that it is a shame to miss it with other headsets.
- For music lovers: While being audiophile quality, these headphones are also a little forgiving.Read more ›
BUYER BEWARE--While it states a 5 year warrant, there really is ZERO Warranty when I bought through Amazon and you're pissing your money down the drain when the headsets quickly become unusable. Classic Bait & Switch tactics.
The highs and mids are crystal clear and are the cleanest I've heard in any set. I'd describe the bass to be punchy, clean (not muddy), and not overwhelming - perfect for bass heavy stuff without compromising any of the clarity.
A few things that I found after first using them:
- The tension is on the stiffer side, definitely more than my Sennheisers. I'm used to it now, but I can definitely see how these could fatigue larger heads after a while.
- As others mentioned, the frequency response is very flat, which I was looking for. I spent a good amount of time playing around with my EQ settings to get the perfect sound, especially in the lower end, which is not very thumpy by default, but can be made so with the right settings
- They are much brighter than any set I've ever used, and it took me a while to get used to it. But I'm glad they are this way, since it really helps to bring out nuances in music I wouldn't notice with any other set.
Oh and yes, I do primarily use these for gaming, and they work extremely well with virtual surround processors (I use a Turtle Beach DSS). Skyrim is more immersive than ever =)
Design? Looks gorgeous, in my opinion
Sound quality? Speechless. I just can't describe how awesome this thing is.
Microphone? Let me tell you this. This is the closest thing you'd get compared to something like a Snowball microphone. Amazing.
How comfortable it is? Extremely comfortable.
Lastly, please.. Do your ears a favour, and get a nice sound card if you're willing to use this headset for its full potential. Don't use the gimmicky USB adapter. Please know that this review is based on me using the headset with the sound card, and not the USB adapter.
Thanks for reading, and I hope that this proves helpful.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The audio quality and comfort have been covered by the slew of five-star reviews. I'll simply address the common thread among the one-stars. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Kenneth Cole
I love these headphones, ive had them for 5 years and never had a problem. Great for my ears and plenty useful for gaming. Very comfortable, i can wear them all day! Read morePublished 2 months ago by Amazon Customer
Ill just be blunt, the headphones and mic sound great. The cord sucks.
These headphones worked pretty good for me for about 6 months or so. Read more
Comfortable for hours, great sound, great microphone. Can't ask for more.Published 3 months ago by Amazon Customer
If you want a high quality headset with a built in mic... Get this right here!Published 3 months ago by Phillip
Audio issues occurred in about 4 months. Only hear audio in 1 ear.Published 4 months ago by Andrew Jackson
If I were reviewing this product based on the quality of the headset alone, it would hands-down be a five-star review. Read morePublished 4 months ago by Steve M
I have a lot of headphones, and I have been incrementally upgrading each time I buy a new pair. I got these because of the microphone, because I do online gaming. Read morePublished 4 months ago by C. HAWKINS