Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "Beyerdynamic MMX300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Head...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 45% off the $349.00 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Beyerdynamic MMX300 PC Gaming Premium Digital Headset with Microphone
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- Cockpit tested audio components with impressive speech and playback qualities
- Digital premium Gaming headset.
- Sophisticated internal sound card works outside of the PC resulting in no risk of interference
- MAC and PC friendly also includes Carrying Case
- 2 year manufacturer warranty only when purchased from an authorized beyerdynamic dealer.
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Special offers and product promotions
Professional performance and high quality previously unknown to gaming fans before now, the MMX 300 now available in the U.S. This professional gaming headset is designed from our General Aviation headset. Now perfected from the complicated conditions within the cockpit where A++ audio and performance is mandatory. The MMX 300 was specialized for the unique demands of extended gaming sessions and unmatched audio performance you would expect from beyerdynamic. beyerdynamic was been manufacturing high end headphones and headsets for decades! These products are used in the live broadcast, live sound and studio recording industries. Product includes a 5 year parts and labor warranty serviceable in the U.S. and carrying case. Equipped with an analog connectors, the listening-speech combination via plug and play becomes a guaranteed maximum gaming experience. The condenser (back electret) microphone, cardioid polar pattern and broad frequency response ensure perfect voice reproduction. At home or “on the road”, the MMX 300 has been designed for everyone who expects more than mediocre audio from mainstream lower quality headsets, mini speakers or built-in PC speakers. If you currently own a gaming headset, and want to upgrade to the best ... the MMX 300 will not disappoint you! Compatible with PC and MAC. The flexible headband construction allows hours of playing without fatigue; ear surrounding ear pads snuggle almost unnoticeably around the head of the player.
From the Manufacturer
The MMX 300 premium headset is in a league of its own. When gamers and multimedia fans want the highest quality in terms of sound, performance, and comfort, they turn to these high performance headphones from beyerdynamic.
New Features in a Premium Headset
But it gets even better with the latest version of the MMX 300. The audio specialists from Heilbronn, Germany, have given the premium MMX 300 a makeover and optimized numerous features. Decorative rings and yokes made of black anodized aluminum along with black velour ear pads add still more professional touches to the ear cups' sleek carbon design. You can tell just by looking--this headset is a born winner.
The new headband was designed by beyerdynamic's expert development team. The push-buttons on the top make it simple to clean and easy to replace. The 2.5 meter connection cable is made of rugged polyurethane material. It lies smoothly without getting tangled, and can handle even rough treatment--such as when the wire ends up under the wheels of a desk chair in the heat of an online battle.
The professional screw-locking jack plugs and a 3.5 to 6.35 mm jack socket adapter mean that you can use this high-end headset anywhere. Symbols and the colored insulating rings on the microphone and headphone jack plugs make it easier to connect them to your PC.
High Performance Audio with Closed Earcups for Passive Noise Isolation
The new model features the same amazing sound quality as the previous version. Essentially, the MMX 300 combines the qualities of hi-fi headphones with cockpit-tested headsets developed for private aviation. For example, the European Space Agency (ESA) uses the MMX 300's professional equivalent, the HS 800 Digital, to train astronauts. The closed design reduces ambient noise by 18 decibels. This high level of noise attenuation is an invaluable advantage at LAN parties.
Included Travel Case
Take the MMX 300 premium headset with you wherever you go in the included transport bag. The sturdy nylon carry and storage case makes the MMX 300 the perfect travel companion.
High Fidelity Condenser Microphone
The MMX 300 features a condenser microphone with a cardioid polar pattern for extraordinarily effective noise compensation. It reliably cancels out interfering outside noise so the people you're talking to only hear what you want them to. At the same time, the sound quality is so high that the microphone capsule is technically suitable for recording music.
With these updates, the MMX 300 will continue to set the standard for multimedia headsets--whether for gaming, skyping on your PC, or for relaxed music sessions.
Top Customer Reviews
- Overall: Best sounding gaming headset you can buy. I essentially bought these because I didn't want to have to change headsets when I wanted to game, watch a movie, or listen to music on my home computer. I wanted something that would serve all of those purposes. What I didn't need: something small, something easy to travel with, and something with a detachable mic. I couldn't have asked for a better sounding headset (shouldn't even really call it a gaming headset as it doesn't sound like one).
- For gamers: I am a big COD/Battlefield fan, and these headsets are so amazing it is hard to put it into words. In COD:Black Ops, I can hear the direction of any enemy making noise. For example, if someone tries to creep up on me from behind, I can hear not only that they are behind me, but I can hear whether the footsteps are coming from directly behind me, slightly to the left, or slightly to the right. It is so good, that I have had people accuse me of hacking just because they can't hear it as well on their headsets even when cranked up.
- Also for gamers: You will be able to hear the quality (or lack thereof) in every game you play. The cheap sounding effects will sound cheap while the great sounds will sound fantastic! This is truly a plus because some games have such great sound-work that it is a shame to miss it with other headsets.
- For music lovers: While being audiophile quality, these headphones are also a little forgiving. That is a good thing for me because I am running these from my computer. I sometimes listen to music from pandora for example, and I can still enjoy it. It doesn't sound GREAT, but it is still enjoyable. I have had headphones that I couldn't use with anything other than top quality music. That being said, great recording do sound better...it is just nice to still enjoy casual listening from other sources as well.
- For movie lovers: These headphones sound great, but what you want in a movie is great bass. These have a moderate amount of bass. I think they sound good, but there are other headphones with better bass. I would rate these average in that aspect...not poor, but average. Maybe a high average depending on what they are compared against.
- The USB DAC that comes with the headset isn't a top-of-the-line DAC, but it is pretty darn good. Considering that fact that anything better would cost close to the same amount as the headset, I have NO complaints with it. Plug and play and enjoy.
- For anyone that uses the mic (gamers): The sound is crystal clear. The mic is even higher quality that the headphones. I haven't used a better headset for talking to friend on vent/teamspeak. For the price, I expected this!
- The cables are high quality and the microphonics are amazingly low. For those that don't know: microphonics refers to the sound you hear when a headphone cable bumps up against anything (clothing, the desk, your arm, etc). High quality cables help avoid this. I have headsets (expensive headsets) that will make a sound if they just touch your clothing. They also resist tangling and are easy to untangle which is a bid deal for me.
- Last pro summed up in one word: COMFORTABLE!!!!! For hours and hours.
- If you want to crank these, you will need some sort of headphone amp. I do mean CRANK because you can listen to these at enjoyable levels with music, movies, and games. However, if you are in the mood to crank it up to 11, get out a headphone amp. These babies can use the extra power. To be honest, you can even just run the sound out of your computer form an SPDIF cable into a receiver and use a receiver to supply the power. There are many options, but my computer will not completely power these....with or without the included DAC.
- You can move the mic out of the way, but if you want a headset for traveling, THIS IS NOT THE HEADSET FOR YOU. You will look stupid walking around with a big mic. If you want a headset for using at a desktop, you can't do better.
Consider this gaming headset as an investment in hours/days/months/years or entertainment. These look as good as the day I got them. They stand up to my expectations and surpass my expectations in some areas. That is amazing considering the price. If I dish out a decent amount for a gaming headset, it better deliver. Beyerdynamics hit this one out of the park!
Design? Looks gorgeous, in my opinion
Sound quality? Speechless. I just can't describe how awesome this thing is.
Microphone? Let me tell you this. This is the closest thing you'd get compared to something like a Snowball microphone. Amazing.
How comfortable it is? Extremely comfortable.
Lastly, please.. Do your ears a favour, and get a nice sound card if you're willing to use this headset for its full potential. Don't use the gimmicky USB adapter. Please know that this review is based on me using the headset with the sound card, and not the USB adapter.
Thanks for reading, and I hope that this proves helpful.
BUYER BEWARE--While it states a 5 year warrant, there really is ZERO Warranty when I bought through Amazon and you're pissing your money down the drain when the headsets quickly become unusable. Classic Bait & Switch tactics.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
The mic is good like studio mic
you can't wear it for...Read more