Beyond Any Mask: What Kind of Godly Character Are You? Paperback – September 5, 2017
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
From the Author
- Bear with me as shares ome background and in a round-about way, answer your question. I became a believer at the age of 7, fully accepting Christ and my Lord and savior. I grew up in a Godly home and had a good, solid foundation in Christ that carried over into young adulthood and marriage. Over time, I learned - the hard way - that I had either abandoned or became very weak in my spiritual walk with God and the cares of the world (like pursuit of career, education and unGodly things) eroded my character to the point that I was exposed and vulnerable to satan's attacks. My fault entirely. I admit that. It's been over a decade since my sinful fall and the H.S. continues to ask me daily, the book title question so my life stays in check with God.
- In fall 2016, the Holy Spirit clearly spoke to me, stating I'm not the only person who who each week sat on a church pew to show in public -from all practical appearances - that my life was in order (i.e., I had a public mask on). But, I also had a dark private - a different mask - that was sinful.God knew all along, and for an ugly dark season in my life I was able to keep/hide it from others. He (the H.S.) said that there are others who sit on the pew or cross the threshold of some church organization each week, or even serve or minister in His name, who are not right with God ... they are hiding behind a mask now like I was then. It may not the same type of mask that I was wearing but that doesn't matter ... a mask (to hide) sin is wrong and we know there are no degrees to sin in God's eyes. Sin IS sin.
- So, to finally answer the question who the message of this book is for ... it is geared principally to two(2) groups of individuals: 1) Christians who may not know where their character stands from God's vantage point (e.g., maybe a new Christian), and 2) Wayward Christians - those (like I was) who have tasted and seen that the Lord is good- but chose to walk a path of sinful instead. We know from Scripture that alife of sin is dangerous/treacherous ground that can cost you (or me) our souls if it goes uncorrected. Lastly, an on-the-solid-rock (of Christ) Christ follower should find the Part 3, Character Maintenance section useful.
From the Back Cover
- Proverbs 4:23 reads, "Guard you heart above all things for out of it flow the wellsprings of life." My friend David shows us how to do that. With transparency and practicality, David shares wisdom form his own experiences that prove God's mandates are wise and His promises are true! -- Tony Bolton - Christian Speaker, Recording Artist and Prostaff - Avid Outdoorsman and Director of Servant Heart Ministries.
- After reading David's manuscript, I realized how blessed I am to know him and serve Christ with him in the prisons and jails that we minister in. David has not taken what God has given him a step further by putting into words that will continue to reach more people than he will ever be able to imagine. I truly believe this book will grow all relationships in a greater walk with Christ! My prayer is that churches will use this book as a discipleship training course. -- Guy Shipp - Founder/CEO of Servant Rider Ministries and Co-owner/CEO/President of Truckers Warehouse.
- Life itself is a business. We are asked to submit out lives to the Creator of life in order to produce a desired "product" (a business for the glory of God). David's ability to take the SWOT method and transfer it to a personal life is transformational. I teach a leadership course called IAM4 Warrior Week where the focus is becoming the best version of yourself as a man. Character and integrity are huge for us. Your character will make you or break you. -- IV Marsh - Lead Pastor of Epic Church; Decatur, AL USA and Founder/CEO of IAM4 and IAM4 Warrior Week.
- Publisher : Crosslink Publishing (September 5, 2017)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 172 pages
- ISBN-10 : 1633571076
- ISBN-13 : 978-1633571075
- Item Weight : 8.8 ounces
- Dimensions : 6 x 0.4 x 8.9 inches
- Best Sellers Rank: #6,778,129 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews: