Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $3.99 shipping
On Beyond Bugs: All About Insects (Cat in the Hat's Learning Library) Hardcover – Picture Book, October 12, 1999
|New from||Used from|
Inspire a love of reading with Prime Book Box for Kids
Discover delightful children's books with Prime Book Box, a subscription that delivers new books every 1, 2, or 3 months — new customers receive 15% off your first box. Learn more.
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
From School Library Journal
Maura Bresnahan, Shawsheen School, Andover, MA
Copyright 2000 Reed Business Information, Inc.
- Lexile Measure : 580L
- Grade Level : Preschool - 3
- Item Weight : 7.1 ounces
- Hardcover : 48 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0679873031
- ISBN-13 : 978-0679873037
- Product Dimensions : 6.75 x 0.34 x 9.31 inches
- Reading level : 4 - 8 years
- Publisher : Random House Books for Young Readers; Illustrated edition (October 12, 1999)
- Language: : English
- Best Sellers Rank: #14,289 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
- Customer Reviews:
Top reviews from the United States
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
While it was a Car in the Hat book, it wasn't written by Dr. Seuss himself, and it shows with some of the repetition of words in the rhyme scheme - while informative, it wasn't Seuss-like creative. However, my daughter loved it, and that is all that counts. Just wasn't a fun read to her for me (only because I loved the original Dr. Seuss books, this didn't seem to flow like one)..
The important reason for my purchase was to help my daughter's fear of bugs. It did indeed help - she learned and understood that while some bugs might be scary to her, they are indeed helpful and very useful. That actually curbed some fears and honesrly, helped make being outside in the summer wonderful, so for that, I am thankful!
- he talks about classification of insect (who IS and who is NOT an insect and why)
- three parts of insect's body
- insects' eyes are insects' antennae
- how different insects protect their lives
- little bit about ants (how strong they are)
- a bit more on bees (everybody takes care of the queen, communicate by dancing and collect pollen, which helps more flowers to grow)
- little bit on fleas (animals itch cz of them)
- why flies buzz
- little bit on mosquitoes (only females bite)
- caterpillar into a butterfly
- firefights (they flash, put them into a jar and then let them go- that's it!)
My daughter asked me to read this book once, when it just arrived. After that I would just grab it off the shelf with the requested books and read it towards the end. She wouldn't mind, but would never ask for it herself!